Are you excited for the movie Terminator: Dark Fate?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 9/3/2019 at 2:19 AM, Jerilynn Lemon said:

David McCallum ("The Man from Uncle" and currently Ducky on "NCIS")

When I was a child, I had a huge crush on him. Still do in a way. I was already to stop watching NCIS if they had let him die of a heart attack on the beach. Not even Pauley could save the show then.

On 9/2/2019 at 10:52 PM, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

It's the Next Thing after 3D and turning Disney cartoons into live action movies: Digging Up Old Corpses and Put them Back on front of the Camera. Next year brings us Top Gun 2, Rambo 4. The Shining 2 and many many others. I kid you not. Why? Because, $$$. Let's lure in those Gen X-ers and relive the 80s. Because people don't like new things.

I don't know that it is because people don't like new things.  More like the ones creating stuff can't manage to come up with any new ideas.  Hence all of the remakes we keep seeing.  The younger generation hasn't seen it, so they think it is great.  The older generation likes it due to nostalgia.  Personally, I'd still prefer folks to come up with something new.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

I'm looking forward to being able to see it at some point. I don't go to theatres anymore. I enjoyed T1 and T2 but I never cared for T3 because Kristanna Loken was just all kinds of wrong for the part, imo. The story was good and followed canon but she just didn't measure up. Summer Glau would have been far better in the role, as she demonstrated so aptly in the tv series.

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

The way he was packing those explosives,she had to act fast..hehehehe

Everytime I see that scene I can't help but think, "WTF are you doing dude!? Those things are NOT stable! Are you bleeping nuts?" And then I'm like, oh yeah, he's in love. But still... good thing it was only a movie. :ph34r:

On 9/3/2019 at 2:03 AM, Gopi Passiflora said:

I'm excited for the movie. I wonder what James Cameron (as the producer) has up his sleeve for the Terminator franchise. From the trailers I'm getting hints that transhumanism will be an important theme in the movie that will be explored (from Grace's cybernetically-enhanced human character to the more human-like Terminators.) I think that's a reason to be excited about the movie.

Yeah, I am excited! I think it is cool they got Linda and Arnold, aged and all - Linda rocks, girlpower! 

• Like 1

I've read an interview with James Cameron and while he was not directing he wrote the base script and was "punching up"the script constantly while filming. This makes me feel very good. There are a lot of bad writers. E.g. D&D of Game of Thrones. Whomever has been writing the Star Trek and Start Wars films. But it's proven that Cameron knows how to write a good action film. 

16 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

When I was a child, I had a huge crush on him. Still do in a way. I was already to stop watching NCIS if they had let him die of a heart attack on the beach. Not even Pauley could save the show then.

Looking at Mr McCallum from his days on "...Uncle" and now in "NCIS", I have to say, he still looks damn good. May everyone look as good as him at his age now.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.