When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

24 minutes ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

Caught an end of pier in Fluke myself! No neat little mole surprises nearby that I've seen yet, but it does have quite a good sized expanse of water to the east so the sunrise view is lovely and setting sail will be easy peasy. Gonna have to see how this feels for a bit, but I like that my first instinct was that it doesn't feel too closed in and claustrophobic. 

0ecdcc01955ecd58f2f64c47ffcb00c4.png

Good luck to the rest of you! I can't wait to see what you all caught! ❤️

Nice! I was hoping to catch that one but my alt got a pier on the opposite side of the region. 

Edited by Niki Somersley
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Niki Somersley said:

Nice! I was hoping to catch that one but my alt got a pier on the opposite side.

Aw! Still a good spot! Are you going to keep it?

And I spoke too soon about mole pressies. I got out front to look around and realized we're right by a boat bar! Cute!

Also, does anyone else often find themselves struggling with draw distance in the stilt regions because the flat landscape leads to tons of broken builds far off but still in view? My last one was absolutely terrible for that, I had to put it up ridiculously higher than anyone would want in order to stop seeing broken bits in the distance. This one though? I'm actually able go pull it low down to 56 and while I can still see my nearest neighbors everything in the distance goes away without bits and pieces left over. And the bonus is an even clearer sunrise view and a wicked good FPS when at home!

Definitely feeling much better already about this end of pier than the last one. 😃

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Niki Somersley said:

Yea, I plan to. At least for now lol! I agree that the piers don't feel so closed in.

Well, hello neighbor! See you at the boat bar sometime! 😃

Edit: And same about "for now", hahaha. The sweet song of GoH is always calling.

Edited by Cyanide Pixie
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Unofficial Stilt Home update - as of 7pm SLT Wednesday the 13th, there are 74 stilt regions (~1,850 houses) where the parcels have "Protected Land" status. See the attached list. (Should have named them differently so they didn't post in reverse order. Oh well.)

protected2.JPG

protected1.JPG

Fluke, Gannet Rock and Glimmer Cove released on Thursday the 14th.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

2 hours ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

Also, does anyone else often find themselves struggling with draw distance in the stilt regions because the flat landscape leads to tons of broken builds far off but still in view? My last one was absolutely terrible for that, I had to put it up ridiculously higher than anyone would want in order to stop seeing broken bits in the distance. This one though? I'm actually able go pull it low down to 56 and while I can still see my nearest neighbors everything in the distance goes away without bits and pieces left over. And the bonus is an even clearer sunrise view and a wicked good FPS when at home!

Yes, I do struggle with that.  I don't like to have my draw distance up high anyways and I do find with the stilts it is harder to find a place where you can make the DD and the landscaping and houses make sense.  But I do use FS so I can derender stuff as well if I have to.  But yes,  I feel your pain!

• Like 3

I like these 3 releases everyday, you know what to expect so if you don't like the 3 regions released you simply don't go for it, and if your favorite region is about to get released you will have higher chance of getting one there, not like the big mass release of all regions, your chances are way lower of getting what you want, I don't know why people don't like that!

That was just a thought tho,  you can chill and relax not having to worry about missing your favorite region because you know when it will be released, I hope they will stick with this alphabetical order, it's rally helping.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

I like these 3 releases everyday, you know what to expect so if you don't like the 3 regions released you simply don't go for it, and if your favorite region is about to get released you will have higher chance of getting one there, not like the big mass release of all regions, your chances are way lower of getting what you want, I don't know why people don't like that!

That was just a thought tho,  you can chill and relax not having to worry about missing your favorite region because you know when it will be released, I hope they will stick with this alphabetical order, it's rally helping.

That is actually a very good point! I will admit it has been nice to tour the next three to be released the night before to get a feel for the areas. And hopefully it will continue to be easier for people to grab the later regions as more of the citizen-base has claimed previous homes.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

I spent my time settling in on Day 1 having to listen to them loudly chat away next door because they weren't restricting their audio. And while I am well aware I can restrict sounds from other parcels I would have lost the ambient ocean sounds that are placed outside my parcel and it would be a hassle to toggle it on and off depending on whether or not they were talking.

Pretty sure there's a setting IN THE VIEWER, not within the game world itself, where you can turn off voice completely.  It's under the first tab on the left, Avatar > Preferences > Sound and Media > Voice Chat > Enabled (Uncheck it).  I've got my Firestorm preferences set to never have to hear voice, so I'm still able to hear ambient sounds and such.  It's been a long time since I've used the LL viewer, but I'm certain I was able to turn off voice via the viewer even way back when.  Hope this helps.

Edited by Rabid Cheetah
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Fluke, Gannet Rock and Glimmer Cove released on Thursday the 14th.

As allways around my midnight ... me being fast asleep! :(

As most Europeans!

I wish they would VARY theit time shedule a bit to play fair!

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

As most Europeans!

Hello fellow European! I feel your woes, so many internet communities are really only active when the US is awake. But I find snagging Bellisserian homes wayyy easier during our waking times.

• Like 7

Well the Americans have the problem that during LL working hours they have to work too ... if they aren't retired. I do realize that!

But in the old days when they allways released one region every other day or so they used to alternate times between 6:00 am and 3:00 pm SLT

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, stellarissima said:

Hello fellow European! I feel your woes, so many internet communities are really only active when the US is awake. But I find snagging Bellisserian homes wayyy easier during our waking times.

UK time here & when I log on in the morning, I spend the first few minutes catching up with the forums and seeing what's been going on overnight. Mindyou, I have grabbed some goodies during the day here as I am useless by about 8pm!!

• Like 4

i get all that   ,but the major fun is always to be in the release time  ,trying to get your favorite spot ,thats no way to compare with picking up an abandon at our daytimes  ,mind you i caught some great abandons over time  ,but .......the thrill of being in the moment of the release ,its so much more fun   .

so friendly request to  release on more different times like in the past 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I have been rather lucky too with catching abandonds lately so as I play with five free Premium alts at the moment I cannot complain. But one of them (expiring in July) has managed to catch a rather nice Stilt on Pier  which she will cling to for the time being ...

... two of them expire at the 23rd and another pair (I created just lately just for hunting stilts) will expire on the 31st ... and I will defenitly not be renewing any of these if they keep releasing at my midnight. :(

As @Atina0 pointed out: the main fun is the chase when new regions are released ... or a mass release when you have equally good chances for more than 24 hours. Abandons can be lovely from time to time but usually they are what others did not want for the same reasons that I have!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Pretty sure there's a setting IN THE VIEWER, not within the game world itself, where you can turn off voice completely.  It's under the first tab on the left, Avatar > Preferences > Sound and Media > Voice Chat > Enabled (Uncheck it).  I've got my Firestorm preferences set to never have to hear voice, so I'm still able to hear ambient sounds and such.  It's been a long time since I've used the LL viewer, but I'm certain I was able to turn off voice via the viewer even way back when.  Hope this helps.

Sadly I do enjoy speaking on voice with friends and people I meet on the grid so with this option I'd still be stuck with having to toggle a setting on and off, just in preferences this time instead of land. Good to know though, I'm sure that will be helpful to many who don't use voice chat and want to not hear chatter from their neighbors while still hearing the ambient sounds around their home!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

As most Europeans!

It must be some continent whose prime time is between Europeans go to bed and Americans wake up. Or is it the "other side" of the US that LL cater to now?

Isn't it 4 hours or more between East coast and West coast, I am too lazy to look it up.

It would be best, if they had more than one time for releases per 24 hour, and alternated between them.

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

It must be some continent whose prime time is between Europeans go to bed and Americans wake up. Or is it the "other side" of the US that LL cater to now?

Isn't it 4 hours or more between East coast and West coast, I am too lazy to look it up.

It would be best, if they had more than one time for releases per 24 hour, and alternated between them.

There is 3 hours between the east and west, so four timezones. SLT is the same as PST, so even with the 2pm releases it's still an odd time as that's 5pm on the east coast. Pretty much the entire US would be at work during that time or juuuuust getting off and commuting home.

So the UK folks are sleeping and US folks are at work. Hmmm, what time would that be in Austalia? Maybe they are catering releases to our friends down under! 😆

Edited by Cyanide Pixie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

There is 3 hours between the east and west, so four timezones. SLT is the same as PST, so even with the 2pm releases it's still an odd time as that's 5pm on the east coast. Pretty much the entire US would be at work during that time or juuuuust getting off and commuting home.

So the UK folks are sleeping and US folks are at work. Hmmm, what time would that be in Austalia? Maybe they are catering releases to our friends down under! 😆

Just dawned on me that maybe they are purposely choosing an off-peak time to put less strain on the servers. Both for less of a rush of SL folks flooding the land page as well as less people on the internet in general?

Or maybe it's the most convenient time during the team's work schedule? I believe there are LL call centers in Davis and the bay area here in California. But I've got no clue where the team that works on these releases is located.

Or maybe they just want us to SUUUUFFFFEEEEERRRRR!

(kidding, kidding) 🤣

Edited by Cyanide Pixie
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

I do hope @Patch Linden will be reading this!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1118 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.