Jump to content

When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?


Recommended Posts

I retired two of my alt accounts and now down to just three.  I have my log home on my main, my OL stilt that I adore on an alt, and one alt left to play GOH with.  To be honest though if they ever release a newer Meadowbrook I will be done as it is my dream home style.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 22k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Leora Jacobus

    1490

  • Chloe Dolores

    1206

  • Sylvia Tamalyn

    1101

  • Fay Starlight

    886

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to clear this up:   Last week, I said "Not this week, or next week".   That now refers to the week of 22 March through 28 March.  I also said "thousands" as in over 4000. I don't know, may

I've died and gone to Bellessaria Heaven. My new place is better than I could have imagined. Roads on 3 sides, with an edge of protected land so it gives the illusion my yard is huge. A river mou

I got a home ! 

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

That doesn't really explain claiming 3 or more parcels and then keeping them all. I doubt any of us can really say what goes on in the mind of another GOHer. 

Yeah, if they are holding three in one region at a time I have no idea what's up with that. Seems strange to me. But like you said, that's just me and the way my own mind works. Who knows what enjoyment they get out of it. Everyone finds entertainment in Second Life their own way... what is strange to one makes perfect sense to another. Heck, just look at the eyesores on mainland that drove us all to seek peace and beauty in Belli! There are some people who love their eyesores to this day and wrapping our brains around that is impossible. Some would say those of us with any linden home alts at all are strange too, I'm sure.

Edited by Cyanide Pixie
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I was lucky enough to get one in Float Alone, but it is hard when you are competing with "teams" (of alts) who sweep in and take as many as they can get. So yeah, releasing just a few regions at a time definitely makes it harder for those playing without teams!

Yay!  We are neighbors, not sure where you are, but so far, mines the only gray Havana

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

No one is trying to own an entire region. What GOHers want is the parcel of their dream. In a region, maybe 2-3 spots are good.

There is at least one person that is holding (or was holding) 5-7 homes in one region last week when I was looking.  I didn't take note of when they had nabbed each parcel, but given the way they name the alts and all homes in the same land group, it is pretty obvious that it is just one person.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

Yay!  We are neighbors, not sure where you are, but so far, mines the only gray Havana

 

Well, we were, but I just let it go, I guess while you were typing this! I would love to have you as a neighbor, so maybe we will manage it on another region. :) 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There is at least one person that is holding (or was holding) 5-7 homes in one region last week when I was looking.  I didn't take note of when they had nabbed each parcel, but given the way they name the alts and all homes in the same land group, it is pretty obvious that it is just one person.

Holy moly... Is there a linden home black market they are planning on selling those things on we don't know about? 😆

That's a lot of alts in one single region. Even being able to grab that many is mind blowing... like, how do they do it all at once? How can they even be logged in on the land page at one time? I can't fathom. Must be some sort of bot system.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cyanide Pixie said:

Holy moly... Is there a linden home black market they are planning on selling those things on we don't know about? 😆

That's a lot of alts in one single region. Even being able to grab that many is mind blowing... like, how do they do it all at once? How can they even be logged in on the land page at one time? I can't fathom. Must be some sort of bot system.

 

tenor-129054291.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 13
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

Holy moly... Is there a linden home black market they are planning on selling those things on we don't know about? 😆

That's a lot of alts in one single region. Even being able to grab that many is mind blowing... like, how do they do it all at once? How can they even be logged in on the land page at one time? I can't fathom. Must be some sort of bot system.

My guess is multiple browsers and even possibly multiple computers.   I don't think there is any way to "bot" it.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

My guess is multiple browsers and even possibly multiple computers.   I don't think there is any way to "bot" it.

Computers, phones, iPads, get your kids to click... the mind boggles at that kind of dedication. 

  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Let's not make up rumors about bots and other things. It's easy to roll as many avs you want quickly, if you log into different browsers.

Sorry, not trying to start rumors by positing a bot system. Honestly just trying to wrap my head around how one person could get 7 in a newly released region while many of us can't even get one and it seemed like the most logical explanation to pop into my brain. You're probably right that it's just down to faster internet speed and timing.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Milk Pixelmaid said:

When a region is releasing, you probably don't want to be THAAAT fast, end up getting the same house 5x LOL.

The way you avoid that is to have many alts, have them all madly click, and then don't dump anything you catch until things settle. So sure, you don't get the same house five times, but by holding onto the five houses you DO catch, you block that many others from getting one. 

However, if you then KEEP everything you caught, that's a whole different level of... something.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

I can always get in on a new region, it's just not always the one I want. It seems like right now, there are lots of LHs not taken, no one wants those either.

At a certain point there are going to be way more homes available than accounts, even with all the alts. What are there, four more styles to be released? That will be interesting to see how things go in the future and how the game changes!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

Sorry, not trying to start rumors by positing a bot system. Honestly just trying to wrap my head around how one person could get 7 in a newly released region while many of us can't even get one and it seemed like the most logical explanation to pop into my brain. You're probably right that it's just down to faster internet speed and timing.

It is entirely possibly that the last few came from abandons.  We know that many people nab a home and then immediately release it if the spot is not to their liking. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It is entirely possibly that the last few came from abandons.  We know that many people nab a home and then immediately release it if the spot is not to their liking. 

That's a good point. I was imagining those 7 alts all grabbing a home in the same region instantly right out of the gate and that seemed unfathomable to have timing that good while juggling 7 land pages. If the claiming of each one is staggered it makes more sense.

Edited by Cyanide Pixie
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

That's a good point. I was imagining those 7 alts all grabbing a home in the same region instantly right out of the gate and that seemed unfathomable to have timing that good while juggling 7 land pages. If the claiming of each one is staggered it makes more sense.

I think the few that do this, have a lot of friends in game...they give each friend the name and password of an alt, and they do the work for them at the same time as a release. Well planned ahead.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

I think the few that do this, have a lot of friends in game...they give each friend the name and password of an alt, and they do the work for them at the same time as a release. Well planned ahead.

 

Never thought of that.  While against the TOS, it is totally possible and plausible.

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Unofficial Stilt Home update - as of 7pm SLT Wednesday the 13th, there are 74 stilt regions (~1,850 houses) where the parcels have "Protected Land" status. See the attached list. (Should have named them differently so they didn't post in reverse order. Oh well.)

protected2.JPG

protected1.JPG

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 16
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Unofficial Stilt Home update - as of 7pm SLT Wednesday the 13th, there are 74 stilt regions (~1,850 houses) where the parcels have "Protected Land" status. See the attached list. (Should have named them differently so they didn't post in reverse order. Oh well.

 So to do the math at how they are currently releasing, 74 stilt regions divided by 3 regions per day, overall divided by say 5 days a week, these should all be available in about 4 weeks time. That is to say if they keep on this release schedule and not change it up. But it is LL and they like to surprise us some times.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

Everyone finds entertainment in Second Life their own way... what is strange to one makes perfect sense to another. Heck, just look at the eyesores on mainland that drove us all to seek peace and beauty in Belli! There are some people who love their eyesores to this day and wrapping our brains around that is impossible. Some would say those of us with any linden home alts at all are strange too, I'm sure.

Actually the eyesores in Belli is just the same as in mainland, how many times you had to abandon your home because of your neighbor's bad taste filling the place with shiny things, many different things as much as they can, till it turns into a bad carnival.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

Abnore mole spotted flying around Flamingo dancers and Float alone regions 🕵️‍♀️

Snapshot_9614.thumb.png.287bd18d73c04887c75331a6034af47c.png

Are we back to the old game: "Look for a Linden or Mole"?

I saw one avatar in Float Alone, all the time I was inworld. About 4-5 hours. Did not move, did not teleport out and return. It was still there when I went to bed. Clearly that was one of the regions people wanted, with view over open water. (Yes, I know it can be built something there... "SOON", means it can be a year.)

I wonder why LL release so many border regions, and not saving some. We are back to the time when Hammond Park, Permaglow and the other attractive regions was released, with an avatar parked to wait.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

Actually the eyesores in Belli is just the same as in mainland, how many times you had to abandon your home because of your neighbor's bad taste filling the place with shiny things, many different things as much as they can, till it turns into a bad carnival.

True story, I gave up my end of pier stilt today for exactly that reason and my main is homeless now, haha! There are definitely problematic neighbors here too. I do feel it is bit better though, because the landscaping can be a barrier. But that doesn't mean people with that same mainland taste don't move into Belli and use those same mainland prims. It's probably the reason many of us are so picky with these stilts, there is less of a barrier as opposed to some of the other home types, just lots of flat land and sea, so you see absolutely everything around you. I was walking some trad regions near my friend's house the other day and I was struck by how good so many of the parcels were there with how the terrain and landscaping was laid out. Almost every parcel had strong division and privacy and I kept commenting on how much I liked each parcel. It makes a big difference and helps make the eyesores less noticeable.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...