When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Are we back to the old game: "Look for a Linden or Mole"?

I saw one avatar in Float Alone, all the time I was inworld. About 4-5 hours. Did not move, did not teleport out and return. It was still there when I went to bed. Clearly that was one of the regions people wanted, with view over open water. (Yes, I know it can be built something there... "SOON", means it can be a year.)

I wonder why LL release so many border regions, and not saving some. We are back to the time when Hammond Park, Permaglow and the other attractive regions was released, with an avatar parked to wait.

that was mere coincidence as i live between these 2 regions and my mini map is always open, and the blue dot caught my eyes, and it was Abnore mole flaying between these 2 regions for a while, i saw another linden a week a go in the region behind me as well i don't know what they were doing but nothing got released.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

I think the few that do this, have a lot of friends in game...they give each friend the name and password of an alt, and they do the work for them at the same time as a release. Well planned ahead.

Actually you can do it on your own. As Sylvia mentioned, you just need different browers in a single device; if apart from a computer you use your phone, you can easily have 6 houses at a time. You just need some practice, and will be able to manage.

Fair game? Maybe not, but there are no rules about not doing that (versus giving someone your password), and this has been going  for quite some time. 

I'm not online during most of the stilts releases, but just reading the forums, and being not such a big community as we are, I am positive that is what is going on. 

Just wishing you lovely people get the house of your dreams, you deserve it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I will be giving up a rather nice Stilt on LAND that backs on WATER

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Billowed Sail/142/30/21

at 2:00 am SLT

There is nice Mole- landscapimg on both sides and a road at the front

grafik.thumb.png.501ae749b1d07c1a2a98e8af7f4fb05f.png

PS: DONE and in maintainance ... TAKEN within a minute ... did someone get it from here?

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 13

49 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

My alt got a nice house on water. The back has an island, and a house like Tortuga goes almost down to the sand. The front has good room for a boat.

I almost thought to keep it... but I think it must go. Anyone want to try a private swap?

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Shining Sea/154/163/21

neck_002.jpg

That's the one I released yesterday. It's a very nice parcel.

• Like 4

I have been reading the thread with interest. I am a bit stunned that someone with a perfect "dream" parcel location might feel the need to abandon/move if their neighbor decorates in a way that they dont like.. assuming they are on firestorm viewer. You can just derender and blacklist the parts you dont want to see.  And even if you are not on firestorm, there is always AR if the neighbor puts out things that violate the theme.

If the neighbor themselves is obnoxious in voice or local chat, you also have options .. you can either block the offensive avatar or you can use About Land -> sound panel and check these two boxes "restrict voice to this parcel" and "restrict gesture and object sounds to this parcel." If you are getting things you dont want to see in local chat, you can always uncheck About Land -> Options "avatars on other parcels can see and chat with avatars on this parcel"

It is so hard to get a "perfect" location.. if you are lucky enough to get one, then please dont let unpleasant neighbors (who might move in a couple of weeks anyhow) drive you away from it. Use the tools that SL and the viewers provide to keep that neighbor from bothering you.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I have been reading the thread with interest. I am a bit stunned that someone with a perfect "dream" parcel location might feel the need to abandon/move if their neighbor decorates in a way that they dont like.. assuming they are on firestorm viewer. You can just derender and blacklist the parts you dont want to see.  And even if you are not on firestorm, there is always AR if the neighbor puts out things that violate the theme.

If the neighbor themselves is obnoxious in voice or local chat, you also have options .. you can either block the offensive avatar or you can use About Land -> sound panel and check these two boxes "restrict voice to this parcel" and "restrict gesture and object sounds to this parcel." If you are getting things you dont want to see in local chat, you can always uncheck About Land -> Options "avatars on other parcels can see and chat with avatars on this parcel"

It is so hard to get a "perfect" location.. if you are lucky enough to get one, then please dont let unpleasant neighbors (who might move in a couple of weeks anyhow) drive you away from it. Use the tools that SL and the viewers provide to keep that neighbor from bothering you.

There are some that do use the LL viewer and cannot permanently derender objects.  Even though you mentioned the AR process in those cases, the AR process will not always work out the way you want it to.  LL is pretty lenient about what is considered "in theme" as that is really very subjective. 

By restricting sounds to your own parcel, you also prevent yourself from hearing the Mole supplied sounds that are outside your parcel -- things like birds, insects, waterfalls, etc...

By restricting those outside your parcel from seeing and chatting with you, you are making it difficult for those that stroll by to strike up a conversation with you unless they actually come onto your property - and your security system might kick them out.  You also make it impossible for you to strike up a conversation with anyone outside your parcel unless you leave your parcel.

There are pros and cons to all options. What works for one is not necessarily going to work for someone else.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Teresa Firelight said:

Normally I wouldn't be driven away from a neighbor so easily but this one was really getting on my nerves for all the above stated reasons. I hadn't mentioned it, so it's funny you brought up the voice chat thing because that was also a problem. I spent my time settling in on Day 1 having to listen to them loudly chat away next door because they weren't restricting their audio. And while I am well aware I can restrict sounds from other parcels I would have lost the ambient ocean sounds that are placed outside my parcel and it would be a hassle to toggle it on and off depending on whether or not they were talking.

Really, it was just one minor annoyance after another adding up to lead me to believe I didn't really want to be next door. And while the parcel was good, it was definitely not a forever home as I mentioned here when I first snagged it. Not my dream home in the slightest, just above average. With over half of the regions still left to be released I figured it wasn't worth being even mildly annoyed.

Edited by Cyanide Pixie
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There are some that do use the LL viewer and cannot permanently derender objects.  Even though you mentioned the AR process in those cases, the AR process will not always work out the way you want it to.  LL is pretty lenient about what is considered "in theme" as that is really very subjective.

Bingo. I don't think the lindens would be very pleased with ARs being used to just say, "These old prim freebies are really ugly and the flashing lights are annoying." I didn't like what I was seeing, but it wasn't technically abusive. Someone else may not mind the view or the derendering process so I let it go. I'm sure whoever keeps it will be super chuffed to have an end of pier. For me personally though it wasn't worth sticking around to see what else was brought out by the tenant as they continued to decorate. There will be other homes to be claimed in time, no need to hold onto something that doesn't feel like the right spot.

Edited by Cyanide Pixie
  • Like 5

45 minutes ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

Coming up on my 15th year in SL and I own multiple mainland parcels in addition to the bit of fun I've been having with the linden homes lately. Believe me, I know 😆

I am an oldie too but I gave up on mainland and sold all my land even though it was on Nautilus.  I feel happier and freer now, bouncing around Bellisseria though I keep half a sim in the Gulls Wing sailing sims, they are so lovely.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I am an oldie too but I gave up on mainland and sold all my land even though it was on Nautilus.  I feel happier and freer now, bouncing around Bellisseria though I keep half a sim in the Gulls Wing sailing sims, they are so lovely.

You sound like me, I rent a homestead in a sailing/horseback riding community (Templeton Cove) and I love it! I will have to take a stroll over to Gulls Wing sometime and check it out, I'm not sure if I've been there before and I love exploring. I did have a New England Sailing Estate homestead in the United Sailing Sims years ago and it was lovely, but I needed more freedom in terraforming and landscaping than they could offer.

I haven't been able to let go of the mainland though, my thirst just keeps growing. I almost bought a Nautilus parcel last month but I went with a 3x protected plot on Zindra instead that has Kama Park and its quirky little outdoor bar protecting two of those sides. I'm such a sucker for mole landmarks! I caught a Bay City parcel that is protected by the municipal pool in Barnstable before that and I absolutely adore it. It might be an old build but it is so pretty, it puts a smile on my face seeing it there. And then the oldest I still have is a large Nailsworth Bridge view 2x protected roadside/riverside parcel. Well, it used to have a gorgeous sunset view of the bridge but not any more... pesky neighbors, ahahaha! But even missing that bridge view for a few years hasn't deterred me from really enjoying that land.

That's why I've really embraced Belli so much and wish I had explored it sooner than late last year. I love the thrill of finding a pretty parcel near something special the moles have constructed! That sense of exploration is really nurtured in Belli. ❤️

Edited by Cyanide Pixie
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Cyanide Pixie said:

Lucky, lucky! If the gorgeous one you're releasing is the lesser of the two I can only imagine how nice the one you're keeping must be!

My very first houseboat in August 2019 was on my alt's account. And now the one I'm keeping is also on that alt's account. It really came down to perspective. I actually like being farther away from the lighthouse. The one I kept feels a little more private, too. With the square parcels, you're limited to what houseboat you can use. I couldn't use the one's I prefer (the Wallower or Evening Star) in Hammerhead.

• Like 2

Caught an end of pier in Fluke myself! No neat little mole surprises nearby that I've seen yet, but it does have quite a good sized expanse of water to the east so the sunrise view is lovely and setting sail will be easy peasy. Gonna have to see how this feels for a bit, but I like that my first instinct was that it doesn't feel too closed in and claustrophobic. 

0ecdcc01955ecd58f2f64c47ffcb00c4.png

Good luck to the rest of you! I can't wait to see what you all caught! ❤️

• Like 8

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.