When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

12 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

I think some of you are enjoying the catch-and-release game now more than actually having a home!

Will there ever be a perfect location that makes you stop, or are you on an endless quest for unattainable perfection? 

For me it's not perfection I seek since every location is flawed some where, either by oddly placed bushes and trees that make no sense, or neighbors with some funky taste of lawn decor. xD ....I myself enjoy the tension of will I or will I not get a home this refresh....plus for the ones of us who do enjoy the "Catch & release" we're giving others a higher chance of securing a home. I even sit at homes I abandoned just to see how long it will take to be snatched up...the longest it took anyone to grab it was 24 seconds. However, if I get a home on top of a hill with stairs going down I'll keep that one since it'll be high enough to look over boat houses if near by and or not being eye level with giant rubber dolls and those animals people breed. I thought I wanted an ocean view...but most of those people in the ocean front homes have a houseboat view xD and I don't find that visually appealing it's like having a view of a parking lot except it's on water. But more or less it's just to see how quickly I can grab another and will it be the big fish I want or the lil teaser that you only keep for a night or two but after that you send it back out because it's not appealing nor worth having it longer to you.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Talaith Llewellyn said:

Wow, we're halfway through August and it's still just as hard to get a houseboat as it was in June!  I hope the camper/trailer release gives more opportunities for more people to get in on this.

Daniel's Blog  shows just how quickly we've grown:

https://danielvoyager.wordpress.com/2019/08/17/the-process-of-adding-new-regions-to-the-bellissaria-continent/

The Moles have been steaming along, hang in there.

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Jaulistine said:

plus for the ones of us who do enjoy the "Catch & release" we're giving others a higher chance of securing a home. 

I'm not sure I believe this part is true. There is a finite number of houses and boats, and the ones playing it as a game with the auto-refresh and repeatedly mashing the F5 key are creating an additional and unnecessary load on the website and back-end servers. The number of page errors people receive is indicative of something going wrong, and since that seems to happen most often when there is a release and people frantically scurrying to the website, I have a hard time believing there's not a correlation. 

I don't care about people and their alts getting 4 or 5 different parcels (they're paying for that privilege), but it would seem that maybe instead of the constant mini-DDoS attacks, it would be nice if people just held on to what they get until things calm down some, and let the people who have nothing and aren't obsessing about the perfect spot have a chance. 

People can do whatever they want, of course, but this thread and the inworld hoopla when a region is released is feeding the frenzy and keeping it at Defcon 1, causing a somewhat false sense of scarcity. The number of times some people are able to catch and release shows that it isn't impossible to get a home anymore, but it is for people making more casual attempts rather than devoting nearly their entire SL to the quest for the mythical perfect location. 

• Like 4

My auto-refresh pinged twice in the last half-hour but every time I go to check it tells me I've exceeded the refresh limit. It's set to 100 seconds, so either my plugin is malfunctioning or they've decreased the limit. Going to try setting it to 120 now and see how I go.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

The number of page errors people receive is indicative of something going wrong, and since that seems to happen most often when there is a release and people frantically scurrying to the website, I have a hard time believing there's not a correlation. 

Hmm. I have yet to get a page error, so if others are I can see some level of frustration perhaps. And I've actually missed every single time they released...And funny thing is..I only found out about the new homes towards the end of July...so needless to say I def missed the first release xD I have children in RL so SL and summer vacation don't mix well, as well as how often I'm able to be online during the day when vacation is over...so I've accepted I'll never make it to a release. I've gotten the homes I happened to land only because someone abandoned it.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 10:52 PM, Chloe Dolores said:

Here's the houseboat I am about to release. Literally as soon as I've finished typing - I've cleaned up. It's on the corner of Seal Point and the canal as you can see. It has a sunset view and depending on your specs / draw distance a view of the whole lake and the lighthouse. Truly lovely home. We only need one home so this one is going to someone who really wants water. Let me know who gets this I am off to push the button!

Snapshot_060.png

I was just about to congratulate you on your wonderful new location.... and then I read you're on the verge of giving it up. 😄 Very generous of you, though! 👍

• Like 2

On 8/16/2019 at 4:36 PM, Beth Macbain said:

I think some of you are enjoying the catch-and-release game now more than actually having a home!

Will there ever be a perfect location that makes you stop, or are you on an endless quest for unattainable perfection? 

Like someone already stated I had homes in older areas and they where not as detailed wow oriented as some of the newer areas.

I had one home and you can go back on these posts that was off centered one side of property was elevated the walk entrance was off and rather me keep complaining I released to someone that would actually enjoy it.

Next home was abandoned by a fellow poster and the yard only had large trees just placed no bushes or flowers just very blank. In order for me to do much outside I would have to forfeit a lot inside the home. But I held onto it for awhile just recently released to see if I would get a home in the area I wanted no such luck though.

I have no joy what so ever in playing the lottery game to gain a house. I truthfully think right now the system to get one in horrible. I need to always take time I really don’t have to monitor when a release happens and not the best thing while I am a work to do or accomplish so miss out and then I am winning someone else’s release which may be nice but sometimes it was a reason it was released in the first place.

The hype is going to be there until enough people have obtain a home you are talking about 1000’s of people. And if reading thru other posts and other things they may be planning to do I can tell you the hype will be here for awhile. You choose to read these posts no one forces any one to come on here or even join the in world group. When I don’t agree with something or don’t like something I move on.

Edited by tootsiepop1
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

I don't care about people and their alts getting 4 or 5 different parcels (they're paying for that privilege), but it would seem that maybe instead of the constant mini-DDoS attacks, it would be nice if people just held on to what they get until things calm down some, and let the people who have nothing and aren't obsessing about the perfect spot have a chance. 

People can do whatever they want, of course, but this thread and the inworld hoopla when a region is released is feeding the frenzy and keeping it at Defcon 1, causing a somewhat false sense of scarcity. The number of times some people are able to catch and release shows that it isn't impossible to get a home anymore, but it is for people making more casual attempts rather than devoting nearly their entire SL to the quest for the mythical perfect location. 

And I can understand about alt accounts and constantly releasing but I release on one account. And the houses that are released most are put right back into the pool for someone else. I could be left without a home for awhile until I am fortunate to get another. Some people have better luck then others and a number of factors can play in why.

My husbands account I got him a home we are not planning on releasing it is on the Coast one block from water not like we wanted but still nice. And a friends houseboat that she donated to us because she has not been able to play but we hold onto it for her this also has not been released but I could not even if I wanted too. I am the only one that was not happy with my locations but felt others could enjoy them better then I could. So I feel if I am looking for the perfect spot not holding onto the house I don’t like who is it hurting? I am fighting right along with you to gain another.

Edited by tootsiepop1
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

The number of times some people are able to catch and release shows that it isn't impossible to get a home anymore, but it is for people making more casual attempts rather than devoting nearly their entire SL to the quest for the mythical perfect location. 

I don't think there is any plot that would be 100% prefect.   I was lucky to get a house in the 1st release and my alt got a houseboat on the second release.  I decided that a houseboat really wasn't for me so I got rid of it.  There was nothing special about my first house and it was surrounded by other houses so I got rid of that one and  my next house was all sand (I am not a sand person) but a nice location and then next one was again surrounded by other houses.  I am on my 4th house and I am quite happy with the location.  It is all green and it is by the canal and  even though there are some houses, I am not boxed in by them.    I just find with my computer that when I am surrounded by houses the lag is worse so that factors into whether I will keep the parcel or not.   I also didn't have to spend 24/7 refreshing either to get these houses,  I just try getting them when I happen to be on and have time to try for one. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tootsiepop1 said:

Like someone already stated I had homes in older areas and they where not as detailed wow oriented as some of the newer areas.

I had one home and you can go back on these posts that was off centered one side of property was elevated the walk entrance was off and rather me keep complaining I released to someone that would actually enjoy it.

I agree that some plots can just be awkward.  Some have not much detail, some have too much,  or they have some fencing or too much fencing.  You get the idea.  I think they designed them this way for variety cause everyone has there own take on how they want to design their yards.   Some want the stuff already there and some would prefer a blank canvas so that they can do it themselves.   And at the end of the day it is no fun to decorate a parcel you hate, I agree it is just better to get rid of it and let someone else have it who will really appreciate it.  For me, I am not a sand person and I would rather the house go to someone who really wants sand.

• Like 4

To tag along on @Beth Macbain's ponderings, I have been wondering how many of the repeat catch n' releasers try to make a location work before deciding it is not good enough? I wonder this from my own perspective, as I gave back only one house, on April 15. I got it the night of the initial release, and I immediately gave it up because some woman was standing in the yard and didn't seem inclined to leave. lol

I got a sandy beach house when I let that first house go, and I did not want sandy beach! But then my sister Kitty got the house next door, so I decided to give it a fair try. I put down some nice grassy patches that go very well with sand, bought some Joshua trees, and commenced decorating. Four months later, I still have that house, and my alt has the first houseboat she got (also not in the location I wanted). I have taken the time to actually live in and decorate them both, and now I love them and wouldn't give them up for a parcel that hit all the various checkmarks of smack dab in front of a light house, on the water, no neighbors for miles, loads of landscaping, etc. wish list. I enjoy touring the newer regions and seeing how they just keep getting more detailed, but I don't feel the need to try for one, even in Point of Whatever. 

So I do wonder if taking the time to come to love a place and think of it as "home" makes the place perfect after all. 

• Like 5

@Sylvia Tamalyn

The house I got on the first release I kept it until I found out that they would be releasing regions during the week as they were ready.  I tried hard to make that parcel work for me but I just hated the yard, it just never felt like home if that makes any sense.  The sandy one i got 2 weeks after getting rid of my first one and I did try with the sand too, and I got rid of that one today.   Both those parcels I did have for awhile.  The third one, I admit I only tried for a day hahahaha.  This one I have now, I really like it and will most likely keep this one. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

To tag along on @Beth Macbain's ponderings, I have been wondering how many of the repeat catch n' releasers try to make a location work before deciding it is not good enough?

As I catch and release with several alts I do not try hard to make a location work.
As soon as I make up my mind that the new location is less desirable than another one I allready HAVE I release it.
That may usually be within some minutes but MAY take up several days.

I must admit though that I gave up ONE house and regretted it:

It was the first one Leora (who was my only premiumaccount then) got in the very first release and it was a sandy lot VERY near the water. I wasn't experienced then and I thought "Give it up quickly and take your five daily chances to get a better one" but I never got a house as close to the seashore as this had been. And when I saw in the threads what some of you (for instance @Chic Aeon ) have done with a sandy lot I regretted having given it up ...

... though it had one other disadvantage: a neighbour who was a motorbyke fan ... even rezzed a MB rezzer!

But I might have muted him and derendered all his stuff ... well to late now!

A picture taken from the balcony of that home ... well it was NOT as near the sea as Chic 's is!!

46709092325_648fbf574d_b.jpg
Home01_Seaview by Leora Jacobus, auf Flickr

Actually THAT experience made me get premium accounts for several alts. I wanted NEVER to give up anything again till I was SURE to have something better!

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

And when I saw in the threads what some of you (for instance @Chic Aeon ) have done with a sandy lot I regretted having given it up ...

My place in Heathstone was the second plot I was given on Day One of Bellisseria. From the map, I was hoping for  a GRASS lot by the ocean, not the sand which does look pretty desolate on the map LOL.  The first lot I was offered was in Graff on the other side of the continent.

While there are even fewer houses in Graff than in Heathstone, that lot abutted a beach common area with umbrella's and towels. While some folks love those umbrella's and towels, I really wanted an "unobstructed" view so took my chances and got my current plot which is high above the beach and has some nice rocks for visual interest.    There are some plots I would like better but my chances of getting though -- through a now painful (for me) process is very dim.

I will be staying where I am!  My garden is growing well now and most all prims are accounted for.  :D 

• Like 4

Heads up that I'm going to vacate my Houseboat today and it is in a *CHOICE* location - Northwest in-line with the lighthouse. :D

I've percolated over everything and what I really want, so I've decided I'm going for a Camper (still a ways off before release, I believe) which will be 512 m2 of my free tier, and I'm going to apply the other 512 to one of my groups and all the free tier on my Premium alt and put all that into a 1500 m2 Mainland spot where I can put my DAMNSIM CROSS shipping company again LOL (Which is always open to anyone and everyone to come play with my stuff).

I figure there's no reason to sit on the houseboat while I wait for the campers (I've already let the Traditional house go). Now I need to figure out how much land I can get with group bonus. Hahaha Ummm... isn't it 10% bonus? So... 1024+512=1536+10% (153 rounded down) should be 1689. Is that right? I am so bad at maths. Ugh.

Anyway, good luck to whomever snags it. I figure around 9 AM-ish SL time. :D

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

To tag along on @Beth Macbain's ponderings, I have been wondering how many of the repeat catch n' releasers try to make a location work before deciding it is not good enough? I wonder this from my own perspective, as I gave back only one house, on April 15. I got it the night of the initial release, and I immediately gave it up because some woman was standing in the yard and didn't seem inclined to leave. lol

I got a sandy beach house when I let that first house go, and I did not want sandy beach! But then my sister Kitty got the house next door, so I decided to give it a fair try. I put down some nice grassy patches that go very well with sand, bought some Joshua trees, and commenced decorating. Four months later, I still have that house, and my alt has the first houseboat she got (also not in the location I wanted). I have taken the time to actually live in and decorate them both, and now I love them and wouldn't give them up for a parcel that hit all the various checkmarks of smack dab in front of a light house, on the water, no neighbors for miles, loads of landscaping, etc. wish list. I enjoy touring the newer regions and seeing how they just keep getting more detailed, but I don't feel the need to try for one, even in Point of Whatever. 

So I do wonder if taking the time to come to love a place and think of it as "home" makes the place perfect after all. 

I kept my second house for a bit just recently released it was fully decorated inside but just did not have enough prims to really decorate the eyesore of a yard I had just was very plain, I tried removing stuff out of the inside to get additional prims for the outside just was not enough. I tried to like it, then keep reading of all the wonderful new areas that would be coming up for release started to explore and say my why was the landscaping in certain areas really thought about and others somewhat thought about only good thing I have to say hehe. So I decided let me just give this up I can't make it work the way I want and saw some other acceptable regions and homes that I tried but failed to get because the yards had a little bit more detailing to them. Little things like nicely placed bushes, flowers, a small fence that I seen on some lands and trees nicely placed just not put in to fill a space.

I am a interior designer when it comes to the game but also like the outside to be somewhat landscaped and decorated also. I had to ask multiple people how they were able to decorate so much of the outside, but found that the inside was less decorated but I did find homes that had a good amount of the inside and outside but have not been able to catch up with those individuals to ask because some items are custom. I even tried to go on a shopping spree to fine low prim outside items but most I found reminded me of things when I started the game that was great then but don't look realistic to me anymore boxy 3d images.

I lived in nice neighborhoods the people next door were non existent, but the zone itself also started to get very laggy and not sure why. So  to wrap this up people can't play the game for someone else and can't understand the reason why they are happy or not happy with something you have the choice to do whatever makes you happy. If you want to play the catch and release game that is your choice, if you are happy with where you obtain a home or houseboat that is your choice at the end of the day you are paying for a service you want to be happy with that service.

Can anyone speak on the vacant homes/houseboats that have been empty from day one that no one is using do you complain about them, they can be used by active people, you complain about things that are going back into rotation for others to get and enjoy go figure.

Edited by tootsiepop1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm afraid I've developed a 'catch and release' habit that would be hard to break unless it really did prevent others from getting a new home. I love to arrive at a new parcel and imagine how I would design the garden (the surroundings of my plot make all the difference in what I would do there). Once I've imagined enough I release the plot and head to the next catch. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever actually stay anywhere, but I might if I get one of those cute tiny homes.

While I could just stroll around and look at others parcels it seems to work best if I can actually sit in the yard awhile and feel it's really my land,  and meditate or reflect on the matter.  And others don't seem to appreciate my arriving in their parcel and reflecting a bit, if I can judge by the frequent ejections I was receiving.    :( lol

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I'm afraid I've developed a 'catch and release' habit that would be hard to break unless it really did prevent others from getting a new home. I love to arrive at a new parcel and imagine how I would design the garden (the surroundings of my plot make all the difference in what I would do there). Once I've imagined enough I release the plot and head to the next catch. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever actually stay anywhere, but I might if I get one of those cute tiny homes.

While I could just stroll around and look at others parcels it seems to work best if I an actually sit in the yard awhile and feel it's really my land,  and meditate or reflect on the matter.  And others don't seem to appreciate my arriving in their parcel and reflecting a bit, if I can judge by the frequent ejections I was receiving.    :( lol

Haha! Luna bliss I buy your landscape items no wonder keep catching and release and develop some more items to go with all properties hehe. The properties that I can look into I normally cam thru to see what they have and who the creator of certain items are from not to invade the owners privacy. Someone has a zen garden in the back that is amazing but custom would love to get it because it is all on a deck platform so it would replace a lot of empty space.

Edited by tootsiepop1
  • Like 2

I think to help many who are following the forum for releases and abandons.  I will start taking a picture of a Home I like in the Releases.   There was one in Everett really liked that a person here got!  For those who are abandoning a Home, take a picture too.  If you don't like it for a variety of reasons someone could see the Home and try to get it.   None of us likes to blindly hope a home has a  good location or well enough to use. 

I always wanted a garage on these homes. My first home had a picket fence across the front on both sides and small opening at the front door.  It was an abandoned home when I got it. I met the previous owner.  The location was nice, just down the road from the sea.   I am so fortunate to be in Passwall with a canal view in the backyard.  I have a two car garage and driveway.  I will say this again, I'm not close to any lighthouse to rez my yacht.   There are perfect views, but sometimes not the greatest location for other things.    Two other small parcels are behind my land so it's not on canal directly. 

I refreshed a long time, ranted here.  I only achieved getting two homes.  I have no idea how people can get a many homes if they haven't figured the land page out.   One person said watch for Patch inworld on a region.  Many times I'm not inworld to see that.  Those than can be inworld, it's an advantage. 

This is silly, but I do believe in standing near a home helps someone to get it.  I stood around in Sweetmarsh and Passwall for many days prior to getting my home.  I stood around a home in Bandit, wanted that location so much didn't get it. I think the person who did get it, abandoned it.  That was so alarming to me.  Right on the corner with a bridge and road below.  Elevation steps to the House.  Rocks along the side and back there is really no neighbor because the home behind is on a lower level.  I thought it was so perfect.  I was not looking for water view home at all. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Shield Markus said:

I think to help many who are following the forum for releases and abandons.  I will start taking a picture of a Home I like in the Releases.   There was one in Everett really liked that a person here got!  For those who are abandoning a Home, take a picture too.  If you don't like it for a variety of reasons someone could see the Home and try to get it.   None of us likes to blindly hope a home has a  good location or well enough to use. 

I always wanted a garage on these homes. My first home had a picket fence across the front on both sides and small opening at the front door.  It was an abandoned home when I got it. I met the previous owner.  The location was nice, just down the road from the sea.   I am so fortunate to be in Passwall with a canal view in the backyard.  I have a two car garage and driveway.  I will say this again, I'm not close to any lighthouse to rez my yacht.   There are perfect views, but sometimes not the greatest location for other things.    Two other small parcels are behind my land so it's not on canal directly. 

I refreshed a long time, ranted here.  I only achieved getting two homes.  I have no idea how people can get a many homes if they haven't figured the land page out.   One person said watch for Patch inworld on a region.  Many times I'm not inworld to see that.  Those than can be inworld, it's an advantage. 

This is silly, but I do believe in standing near a home helps someone to get it.  I stood around in Sweetmarsh and Passwall for many days prior to getting my home.  I stood around a home in Bandit, wanted that location so much didn't get it. I think the person who did get it, abandoned it.  That was so alarming to me.  Right on the corner with a bridge and road below.  Elevation steps to the House.  Rocks along the side and back there is really no neighbor because the home behind is on a lower level.  I thought it was so perfect.  I was not looking for water view home at all. 

I said that before to add pics of the home but no one listened.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1142 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.