When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1191 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Congrats to all who got homes this week! It seems like we are seeing more "I got one!" posts since LL put the auto refresh limit in place.  :)

Not really logical :

however they are distributed - for every house that goes out there is SOMEONE who could yell "I've got one!!"

If he does so in this forum - in this thread - that is another question.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gordon Nadezda said:

I just logged into Second Life and decided to see what houses were available. Wham, bam.....I got a Bellisseria-themed house (Traditional) on Greenbow!!!

See what happens when you embrace the positive? Welcome to the neighborhood! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I got a home in Sweetmarsh today - It's a house on the corner and up on a hill so it is huge.  Not what I truly wanted but also not too far from the water (across the street) I just hope the neighbors don't mind me riding my jet ski in between their homes (safe grounds there lol) to hit the water.  However, I have a few questions if anyone knows the answer.  I have a traditional house, is there a way to change that theme?  I know you can select different homes under traditional but I see some homes in the hood that are not like the traditional homes I am rezzing.  Also, if I decide to abandon this home, do I lose the name I gave this land?  i- I am also a biker so the road is very much welcomed.  

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Tsah said:

I got a home in Sweetmarsh today - It's a house on the corner and up on a hill so it is huge.  Not what I truly wanted but also not too far from the water (across the street) I just hope the neighbors don't mind me riding my jet ski in between their homes (safe grounds there lol) to hit the water.  However, I have a few questions if anyone knows the answer.  I have a traditional house, is there a way to change that theme?  I know you can select different homes under traditional but I see some homes in the hood that are not like the traditional homes I am rezzing.  Also, if I decide to abandon this home, do I lose the name I gave this land?  i- I am also a biker so the road is very much welcomed.  

Using the mailbox, you should be able to change your home to any of those other types. Inside the home is a control panel where you can change the colors. Don't abandon it!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tsah said:

I have a traditional house, is there a way to change that theme? 

Yes, in the mailbox

3 minutes ago, Tsah said:

I know you can select different homes under traditional but I see some homes in the hood that are not like the traditional homes I am rezzing. 

They're using addons. Search the MP for Linden Homes and have it sort newest first. You will see them.

3 minutes ago, Tsah said:

Also, if I decide to abandon this home, do I lose the name I gave this land?

You can use the name again on a new parcel :)

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

Yes, in the mailbox

They're using addons. Search the MP for Linden Homes and have it sort newest first. You will see them.

You can use the name again on a new parcel :)

Thank you for the information on addons - going to MP now ... thank you all for your information.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Tsah said:

Some homes have addons to make looks different on the outside. If you abandon a Home just short distance across the street from the canal...never do that!  People kept saying, me in Passwall included, Sweetmarsh is one the best regions so far!  I got motorcyles lets ride on region roads! 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Tsah said:

However, I have a few questions if anyone knows the answer.  I have a traditional house, is there a way to change that theme?  I know you can select different homes under traditional but I see some homes in the hood that are not like the traditional homes I am rezzing.  

My guess is that what you are seeing is one of the 4 Traditional homes with add-ons.  Many folks are adding to the outside of their home -- carports, extra rooms, etc...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Well, that just proves how RIGGED the system is against.... oh wait. xD

ETA: I sure wish I could sleep in till 9:25 AM! Here I am with my lack of RL, up at 6:00 and at work. Le sigh.

6:00 am would be a dream. I wake up at 5:10 am, and I'm out the door at 6:15 am to head into NYC. 

The only good thing is I leave at 4:15pm, which is nearly 2 hours earlier than everyone else. After being there for 10 years, I finally was like - look, I'm up at the crack of dawn anyway to feed cats, so why don't I just come in, work through lunch (I eat at my desk) and just leave early so I actually enjoy my evenings?  Luckily, my boss was cool with it 😊 Works much better for me.

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

6:00 am would be a dream. I wake up at 5:10 am, and I'm out the door at 6:15 am to head into NYC. 

The only good thing is I leave at 4:15pm, which is nearly 2 hours earlier than everyone else. After being there for 10 years, I finally was like - look, I'm up at the crack of dawn anyway to feed cats, so why don't I just come in, work through lunch (I eat at my desk) and just leave early so I actually enjoy my evenings?  Luckily, my boss was cool with it 😊 Works much better for me.

One building in my State is 18 stories tall. Sidewalks are mostly empty in my city. I need to see the incredible NYC! I do like to commute before the sunrise! 

Edited by Shield Markus
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Shield Markus said:

One building in my State is 18 stories tall. Sidewalks are mostly empty in my city. I need to see the incredible NYC! I do like to commute before the sunrise! 

Everyone should visit New York, at least one. It truly IS a wonderful place to be. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gordon Nadezda said:

I just logged into Second Life and decided to see what houses were available. Wham, bam.....I got a Bellisseria-themed house (Traditional) on Greenbow!!!

I’m hopeful every time I log onto SL haha , but I’m not that lucky it seems 😂

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kiramanell said:

LOLOL, I didn't even realize he was nekkid in that one picture. :P Am I really that naive?!

Beautiful things he made nonetheless. I especially like his Tahoe home. Reminds me of @WillowTenage's work on her Tahoe house.

I love that model 😍  It is my favorite of the old linden homes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I get to sleep until 5:15 during the work week, but I rush through the getting ready stuff and leave the house at 5:50; at work by 6:20 and therefore leave the office at 3:00 pm each day.  I only do the early hours though because long ago I lost a tolerance for working late afternoons - which is also why I hate it when I have to log on in the evenings or weekends from home.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Not really logical :

however they are distributed - for every house that goes out there is SOMEONE who could yell "I've got one!!"

If he does so in this forum - in this thread - that is another question.

Well, yes, my point is that the people who have been posting in here for weeks saying they can't get a home, now seem to be getting them. Perhaps the new system is distributing chances more evenly and now the ones who were shut out because they weren't hammering on auto refresh have a chance, too. 

• Like 8

Because of RL obligations, I knew I was going to miss today's release, so I came here to see which one it was, some general info, etc. While following the chat, I noticed one particular person (not mentioning names) who is frequently venting her frustration over not getting a perfectly located home. Many of you were responding to her posts in an equally snippy way, and this makes no sense to me at all. Why keep it going? If reading her posts rankles your nerves, it's simple. Don't read them. But, if you're quoting her and adding your own sarcastic or snarky remarks, you're truly not any better. And sure, you could say the same about me for adding this post to the mix. The difference is, mine is purely intended as a gentle reminder that even the crabbiest of us are people, too. You don't know what's happening in their world. You don't know why something like this is so important to them. Don't judge. People are going to complain, that's just human nature for many. However, those who rant without an audience, will quiet down a lot faster once they realize no one is listening. Peace, all. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Ciarra Lexington said:

The difference is, mine is purely intended as a gentle reminder that even the crabbiest of us are people, too.

Yes, we are. As are Moles and Lindens. Everyone has things they are dealing with. You, my dear, don't know what's happening in anyone's world. 

What we can control, however, are our reactions. Someone has been reacting very badly on multiple platforms and she has been repeatedly called on it. I'll ignore a misbehaving child in a restaurant, but not a misbehaving adult in my neighborhood. 

But thank you for the lecture. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1191 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.