Jump to content
Frodo Feila

Today is the Day?

Recommended Posts

Even with the buy in it's amazing value in terms of US$ per Li if looked at annually because it's all double prim. Thanks to the included house and the zero land price, Horizons manages a close second to the new Linden Homes, however it comes with none of the restrictions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Overall, I'm curious what peoples experiences have been living in the houseboats. My alt is waiting on the next round and I'm not quite sure if that's the way I'd like to go - or if I'd prefer grabbing one of the abandoned regular homes when the houseboats finally get released.  I've walked around and the entire finished areas are so beautiful regardless of what kind of home you choose, makes it difficult to pick which one!

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kiramanell said:

 

Is it still possible to get a spot there? I must have missed those.

Horizons has plenty of parcels available but as noted, they have to be purchased (they are not included as part of the Premium perks). But as also noted, they are double prim, and if you choose to use one of the sci fi themed homes in the rezzer, that leaves you a ton of LI to play with. It's Adult rated, and there are infohubs there as well. The area is close to Zindra for easy commuting. lol

There are Experience areas to explore there, too. If you look at the Horizons sims on the map, you'll see them in the middle. I wonder if something like that could somehow translate to Bellisseria someday after the housing is all set up. Hmm...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

The Hobbit and Kahn?

Sherlock :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Horizons has plenty of parcels available but as noted, they have to be purchased (they are not included as part of the Premium perks). But as also noted, they are double prim, and if you choose to use one of the sci fi themed homes in the rezzer, that leaves you a ton of LI to play with. It's Adult rated, and there are infohubs there as well. The area is close to Zindra for easy commuting. lol

Horizons plots start at L$40K ($160)and just go up and up. Premium paid annually after L$ rebate ($10). Get out of bed cost (prem+land) $232. Double prim Hz land saves you $7 per month vs regular tier payments for same prim count, 2 years that would be $168US + 2yr prem = $188 just to LL after the L$ rebate rather than $20 (and that does not include buying any land at all!). 

It's easily the most underrated land in all of SL on a cost per prim basis and unlike most other land, holds its value fairly well. LL were so close to it being perfect but fell at the final hurdle by letting barons consume it all, so short term financial win for LL, complete failure for everyone else. Much of the land is still owned by those same barrons (laugh track here). A different delivery and it could easily have ended up in the same epic community as Bel.

The houses are not that appealing but you don't have to use one. The overall look & design is very good. Burning 700 Li on any  house you like and all the furniture on a single 32m plot is not as good as it sounds (kiss your frame rate goodbye) but a well furnished house AND a skybox can easily work. The region road crossings are not as good as Bel (which lets be honest, are pretty gnarly) because roads are prim and they don't extend into the neighboring region so you can fall into the floor when crossing borders.

Iono .. I share a few with @Kitty Barnett, it's been great .. even if her house will murder your PC.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Overall, I'm curious what peoples experiences have been living in the houseboats. My alt is waiting on the next round and I'm not quite sure if that's the way I'd like to go - or if I'd prefer grabbing one of the abandoned regular homes when the houseboats finally get released.  I've walked around and the entire finished areas are so beautiful regardless of what kind of home you choose, makes it difficult to pick which one!

 

I'm living in one and I'm absolutely loving it. I love the views from the water and love having a spot for a boat so I can hop in and go sailing. One of the main reasons I'm enjoying it, though, is that it is, for the most part, keeping me away from the dingle-berries that are (pa)trolling the residential areas. I only have one actual neighbor and they're pretty chill and are rarely there, though they've decorated nicely. 

I'm not sure what it's like living in one of the rows of houseboats, though. Might be a different experience. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Horizons plots start at L$40K ($160)and just go up and up. Premium paid annually after L$ rebate ($10). Get out of bed cost (prem+land) $232. Double prim Hz land saves you $7 per month vs regular tier payments for same prim count, 2 years that would be $168US + 2yr prem = $188 just to LL after the L$ rebate rather than $20 (and that does not include buying any land at all!). 

It's easily the most underrated land in all of SL on a cost per prim basis and unlike most other land, holds its value fairly well. LL were so close to it being perfect but fell at the final hurdle by letting barons consume it all, so short term financial win for LL, complete failure for everyone else. Much of the land is still owned by those same barrons (laugh track here). A different delivery and it could easily have ended up in the same epic community as Bel.

The houses are not that appealing but you don't have to use one. The overall look & design is very good. Burning 700 Li on any  house you like and all the furniture on a single 32m plot is not as good as it sounds (kiss your frame rate goodbye) but a well furnished house AND a skybox can easily work. The region road crossings are not as good as Bel (which lets be honest, are pretty gnarly) because roads are prim and they don't extend into the neighboring region so you can fall into the floor when crossing borders.

Iono .. I share a few with @Kitty Barnett, it's been great .. even if her house will murder your PC.

Yeah, and if you keep an eye out, you can get a good parcel at a good price. Mine is protected on three sides, next door to water, close to an Infohub (I find that amusing), and I got a good deal on it to boot. Getting it just took patience and watching the map. I don't like the provided homes (not a sci fi fan), so use my own stuff on the ground and in a skybox as well, and I still have a lot of prims to spare. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Teager said:

Sherlock :)

Oh, I didn't know that (me is dumb American LOL) but now I see the joke, it's funny! :)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2019 at 2:17 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

You have to remember than people want different things.  Some want the houseboats for easy water access, but don't necessarily care about easily wandering around the main continent.  When these become available, I actually wouldn't be surprised to see a few folks release their current houseboats for one of these -- depending on the location of their current one.  I'm actually considering doing that in the hopes that I get lucky and get one of the ones in a region with very few other houseboats.

I am all for people wanting different, did mention that.  I am not opposed to the all houseboats as such, I just think making it so many clumps of separated land makes it more closed off than the community that the rest have achieved, but again that is not for everyone, if they have their own boating communities already, or want to join them etc, that opens that up for them. I am sure it will be different when open, but I would also wonder if that area will have less features because of the lack of land, in the sense of the community pool areas, the parkland etc, it is nice to have the houseboat, but the current Linden Home/houseboat users have benefited more than just the 1024 they get, in terms of the roads, the neighbourhoods etc.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Sasy Scarborough said:

I am all for people wanting different, did mention that.  I am not opposed to the all houseboats as such, I just think making it so many clumps of separated land makes it more closed off than the community that the rest have achieved, but again that is not for everyone, if they have their own boating communities already, or want to join them etc, that opens that up for them. I am sure it will be different when open, but I would also wonder if that area will have less features because of the lack of land, in the sense of the community pool areas, the parkland etc, it is nice to have the houseboat, but the current Linden Home/houseboat users have benefited more than just the 1024 they get, in terms of the roads, the neighbourhoods etc.

Likely it was all the fist banging from those that didn't get their houseboats that inspired the new houseboat atoll.  695 boats is a LOT in a small area.   Agreed that it looks kind of like Sardineland, but many real life areas are like that and folks do just fine -- maybe even like those close quarters.

On my every single region tour last week I noticed and noted that there are MANY areas (sometimes congruent) that have no community areas at all (and some houseboat areas that are very much JUST boats and water and sand) so these won't be the first with minimal "perks".  There are at least two major large meeting areas in the new area (with what looks like a new style of building from the map) and I can see what appears to be sunbathing areas and such, so it may be more "homey" than the thin land masses hint at.   

Hopefully the houseboat folks will be happy.    

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I almost got one just now, felt like I had a mini heart attack when I saw It on my screen lmao😂😂

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2019 at 4:30 AM, Frodo Feila said:

Could this be the day the new Linden homes will be added?

9_9

I'm going to go out on a limb and say yes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, stlshayne said:

I call Wednesday. Ready to be wrong though. 

Could be this. I am correct, of course, but the Lindens may move it to then to spite me because they're annoyed at my "BELLISSERIA RAILROAD PLZ" shouts LOL

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

"BELLISSERIA RAILROAD PLZ"

bullet-train-china-1550x804.jpg

High speed rail from Jeoghot to Heterocera!

How is SL going to compete in Asian markets without high speed rail?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, animats said:

bullet-train-china-1550x804.jpg

High speed rail from Jeoghot to Heterocera!

How is SL going to compete in Asian markets without high speed rail?

 

46 minutes ago, Niki Felicci said:

Umm TP 🤷‍♀️

I can only say to both of you...

HAhahahaha! Genius on both counts.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Niki Felicci said:

Umm TP 🤷‍♀️

That's cheating.

Some driving HUDs detect en-route TPs and penalize you.

Edited by animats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, animats said:

That's cheating.

Some driving HUDs detect en-route TPs and penalize you.

Do they also detect when you edit your vehicle out of where it's stuck and back onto the road? Asking for a friend... 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, animats said:

That's cheating.

Some driving HUDs detect en-route TPs and penalize you.

I think that HUD may soon require an update!  It appears that teleportation has already happened in RL according to Forbes article in July 2017.  Here's a headline and snippet:

463ff6972fc855167e9630a592d2ce7c.png

1fad7fd2d7c99dabf8f0c6cf5b7647fa.png

Imagine the valuable experience we are gaining in SL  :D

 

 

Edited by BJoyful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new houseboats regions are now next door to the Bellisseria continent. Max out draw distance and teleport to the Le Prince region. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...