Today is the Day?

Frodo Feila

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

15 minutes ago, MarzipanJones said:

What does it mean if I deed my property to my group?

You can't deed to group. These parcels can't be transferred. You can *set* the parcel to group like this (but you are still the owner):

Creating a group for the Linden Home

In Second Life, we use groups to identify people who share a common interest. You may create one to include all people who are welcome in your home and who may be allowed to share some privileges that you have as the owner.

1. Choose Communicate > Groups or right-click on your avatar and choose My Groups.
  2. Click the + button, then choose New Group...
  3. Enter the name of the group. The name must be at least four characters, and fewer than 36 characters long. Every group name must be unique in Second Life; you won't be allowed to create a group that has the same name as an existing group.
  4. Optionally, create a group insignia (image) by clicking on the image thumbnail and then choosing a texture from your inventory.
  5. Optionally, write a brief description of the group.
  6. To make the group open (anyone can join without an invitation), select Anyone can join. If you don't select this, then only those invited will be able to join.
  7. If you want the group to have a cost to join, select Cost to join and choose a number of L$.
  8. Select the group's maturity rating.
  9. Click Create Group and confirm your choice when prompted.
  • Like 2

I might abandon the houseboat I have now. Let my alt abandon it, I mean. It's in a double row of boats and the FPS drops right down there.

I hope to get a boat on the edge of the new boats. If not, I will try another house. Hoping some on the west coast, away from boats in West Ivory or Edina will abandon their house for a boat. Or maybe along the inland river.

I see how my performance drop when I turn to the row of boats in Evallen too.

Crossing fingers for that I get my new graphic card on Wednesday, so I can see how it helps.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, MarzipanJones said:

I am no expert, but as I understand it, my alts are in my group. So we can rez things there, all of us. With the group tag activated. I have the largest inventory, but they have a thing or two that can be useful.

11 hours ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

I bet the 2nd batch of houseboats get released TODAY! 😉

There are still 7 regions in the SSP new houseboat area that have red tiny squares in the middle of them - versus the rest with green squares.  The guess is that green means it is fully completed and has passed all testing.  If that is true, then no release until those final red ones are green.

8 hours ago, MarzipanJones said:

As mentioned above, you can set to group but not deed to group.  If you do set to group then you can also set it so that anyone in group can rez there and set home to there -- i.e. alts and/or friends.

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I might abandon the houseboat I have now. Let my alt abandon it, I mean. It's in a double row of boats and the FPS drops right down there.

I've been thinking about trying for a swap, but will probably use a different alt to try for a better houseboat location before abandoning the one I have.   My houseboat backs to a sandbar/beach area with open sea past that, which is great in a way, but the front of the houseboat faces another full row of houseboats across the water that are in the same region - so 23 houseboats in my region, plus the rezzing of the neighboring stuff.  There are a few regions in the new setup that have a dozen or less houseboats in them.  I'd love to be able to snag one of those locations.

19 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There are still 7 regions in the SSP new houseboat area that have red tiny squares in the middle of them - versus the rest with green squares.  The guess is that green means it is fully completed and has passed all testing.  If that is true, then no release until those final red ones are green.

I can't remember how long it takes the map to update, I know it can be a day or so. We might not get to see the green squares appear on the map before it's released.

• Like 2

Why, looks like today isn't going to happen any more. Still hope, though, that they will just do like a pre-announcement first, instead of an immediate "Get them NOW!!" Like maybe along the lines of 'Available as of 48 hours from now.'

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, MarzipanJones said:

I am so jealous.  Good for you.

So Sorry! WRONG QUOTE^

I meant to quote to whoever said, " Just got in Shady Corners over the weekend, I like it so far! "

To whomever said, " Just got in Shady Corners over the weekend, I like it so far! "

how did you get in? Any tips? Should we log out and log in? Keep eye on Dashboard and refresh 1 milx a day? (LOL sorry, it feels like it?)

I feel more encouraged today since seeing what the Linden Moles are up to. ❤️

Edited by Adumelial Rothstein
I quoted the wrong individual.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Why, looks like today isn't going to happen any more. Still hope, though, that they will just do like a pre-announcement first, instead of an immediate "Get them NOW!!" Like maybe along the lines of 'Available as of 48 hours from now.' 

I agree with you!!! I believe that would be a great help let us know when they will decide to release the new homes!!! Specially given us a little time to be prepared!!! Like you mentioned!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adumelial Rothstein said:

To whomever said, " Just got in Shady Corners over the weekend, I like it so far! "

how did you get in? Any tips? Should we log out and log in? Keep eye on Dashboard and refresh 1 milx a day? (LOL sorry, it feels like it?)

I feel more encouraged today since seeing what the Linden Moles are up to. ❤️

The house you're assigned is completely random, so it was just luck that I ended up there!

My only tip is to refresh the "customize your home" page over and over (https://land.secondlife.com/en-US/lindenhomes/land-selection.php), and it took over a week to get one. If you see a Bellisseria option pop up, type gibberish for the name (you can change it later) & click the terms/conditions checkbox on the next page as fast as you can.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, xrockinfree said:

The house you're assigned is completely random, so it was just luck that I ended up there!

My only tip is to refresh the "customize your home" page over and over (https://land.secondlife.com/en-US/lindenhomes/land-selection.php), and it took over a week to get one. If you see a Bellisseria option pop up, type gibberish for the name (you can change it later) & click the terms/conditions checkbox on the next page as fast as you can.

xrockinfree! :) Thanks so very much. I shall keep trying. Yayee I've the time God knows.

Wishes anyone else reading this swiftness of Linden favor in getting their home...and the swiftness of hitting that button xrockinfree said to hit^

• Like 1

just abandoned my boathouse . very strange looks like no ones taken it and it has not shown up on the linden house selector yet hmmm. I let it go 20 mins ago  . And theres not one Greyson to be had , theyre always there

Edited by ClaudiaOoOo
added more wording
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, ClaudiaOoOo said:

just abandoned my boathouse . very strange looks like no ones taken it and it has not shown up on the linden house selector yet hmmm. I let it go 20 mins ago  . And theres not one Greyson to be had , theyre always there

Greyson has been popping in and out for days.

It's possible that somebody did grab the boat lickity split, or it's bugged, oooor they've disabled the new homes showing up until the new batch is released.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, s2Pandora said:

Greyson has been popping in and out for days.

It's possible that somebody did grab the boat lickity split, or it's bugged, oooor they've disabled the new homes showing up until the new batch is released.

well its still a boathouse called linden home . its been ages since I left it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ClaudiaOoOo said:

hope they'll not be long with the new houses , I felt in the middle of the sea on that one , I want closer to land 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ClaudiaOoOo said:

Well, if it's still not taken, then it's possible that they've blocked off the new homes popping up until the new batch's release.. maybe to have more for the rush that it's going to bring.

Time for that "Today" speculation to start. ;)

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, s2Pandora said:

Well, if it's still not taken, then it's possible that they've blocked off the new homes popping up until the new batch's release.. maybe to have more for the rush that it's going to bring.

Time for that "Today" speculation to start. ;)

I really wish they would let us know something? Us refreshing page could be us buying items at events? LOL...this is bulging into my decorating my other place also. Dear me, Governor Linden - Please, please have mercy on us?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Adumelial Rothstein said:

I really wish they would let us know something? Us refreshing page could be us buying items at events? LOL...this is bulging into my decorating my other place also. Dear me, Governor Linden - Please, please have mercy on us?

well one I abandoned is still not taken , must be closer to over an hour empty

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1770 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.