TMP Legacy mesh body

Windywinters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Well I've just been over to the TMP store...…..WHAT?????????

I'm not the brightest with IT, but when I eventually discovered you needed a hud, I still couldn't make it work and I couldn't get access to anything.

HOW do they sell anything there????? Unbelievable.

Rant Over.

Their in-world shop is the most horrific shopping experience ever and should be AR'd as griefing. I only got past it when the Legacy body demo was on Marketplace, else they would have never gotten a sale from me.

2 hours ago, rasterscan said:

I have the original TMP deluxe Beta and let me tell you something it never came out of beta. Still waiting 3 years on ! Had to get a hud to get the credits to pay 5 grand back then too. They'll not be getting any more lindens off of me, ever !

Do you mean Linden Dollars? Because if the Lindens are all over you then chances are you are a naughty, naughty person.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/31/2020 at 1:10 AM, Varistentia Varriale said:

They have a support team https://www.meshbody.com/support (scroll down) also the livehelp group is very active.

If they are not going to use the LiveHelp avatar, don't leave it online.

The simple query to which I never received a reply after repeated attempts which was a watershed for me was how to buy damn fingernails.  They were not interested.  End of the line for me.  :P

• Like 1

On 1/31/2020 at 1:44 AM, Alyona Su said:

"One cannot plan the future on events of the past."

'Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it' 

There is no end to erudite quotes but I won't enter into a further quote war  :P

Edited by CassiaChiu

6 hours ago, CassiaChiu said:
On 1/30/2020 at 9:44 AM, Alyona Su said:

"One cannot plan the future on events of the past."

'Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it' 

Ironically, both of these go together, one begets the wiseness of the other.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Not just me then.

How hard can it be?

Their shopping is the worst shopping experience to exist in SL. When they made all the in house men's and women's clobber for the old body, which are actually quite good free i spent a couple on days on an alt getting it all the women's stuff. You had to use their awful shopping HUD which stopped responding randomly, when you clicked to get an item there wasn't any fatpacks to get every colour in one go you had to laboriously click on every single colour and customise option you wanted.

Edited by Claireschen Hesten
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, AnneBardot said:

there's hardly any new clothing that i've seen for the body, so maybe the enthusiasm for the body has died, i'm not sure.

Flickrs groups post like 10+ new releases everyday. lol i think my flickr wishlist is over 3k items long also i've been constantly getting automatic redeliveries with legacy updates 

It is a little peculiar how everyone is very vocal about how good the body is and how there's tons of support, but when you're actually in-world, almost nobody wears it, and beyond the initial big brands that spontaneously started supporting it, nobody else has begun to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cinos Field said:

It is a little peculiar how everyone is very vocal about how good the body is and how there's tons of support, but when you're actually in-world, almost nobody wears it, and beyond the initial big brands that spontaneously started supporting it, nobody else has begun to.

I'm not sure about this. The only true way to know what someone is wearing is with a scanner HUD or inspecting, etc. And it is certainly a niche product, because higher wuality costs more, so the masses gravitate toward the plastic, rather than the leather, so go figure.

I am also seeing a lot of "Maitreya Only" creators adding Legacy. Lots of smaller creators who do make some nice stuff, decent, if not really good quality and their products are now specifically saying "Maitreya/Legacy Only.) I'm not saying this is happening en-masse across the grid or Marketplace, but I'm seeing it a lot at sales events and finding Legacy-specific stuff on Marketplace is pretty easy (and the selections is growing at a steady pace.)

I grabbed the new Maitreya Lara 5.0 update and decided to try it and the difference in quality was stunningly immediate. I really like the updates Matreya has done, but I just cannot unsee the flaws in the Lara when compared to some others, like Belleza and Legacy. Many do not care and that's well and good, though for people like myself where quality is a high priority, we often find ourselves in the minority. Thus, I don't know if I will (or can) stick with it. I'll give it a couple weeks to see which priority wins out: Newer, better techno-features or obvious-higher-quality mesh with a lot fewer flaws? (Sorry, the Lara armpits and thighs are just plain terrible and too late to attempt a fix, else break years of creations made for it, but I digress.)

There are a lot more Fiats and Kias on the road than there are Cadillacs, Mercedes, Rolls Royces combined.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

I agree. I use a HUD to inspect avatars fairly often, and see the body MAYBE one time for every ten Maitreyas.

Also, a gigantic eye roll on equating this body to a Rolls Royce.  Sure, if Rolls Royce had a horrible reputation and required you to test drive their cars in a blinding white room. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I'm not sure about this. The only true way to know what someone is wearing is with a scanner HUD or inspecting, etc. And it is certainly a niche product, because higher wuality costs more, so the masses gravitate toward the plastic, rather than the leather, so go figure.

There are a lot more Fiats and Kias on the road than there are Cadillacs, Mercedes, Rolls Royces combined.

While that's true, I see Belleza bodies all the time (well, Freya at any rate, rarely the others) and they have a similar  position on the market. I. E. Quality/beauty over performance. It might just be that it's much older than legacy, of course.

I do actually inspect almost everyone I see, unless I recognize the Maitreya shoulders or the Hourglass mega-butt. (mainly to get ideas for new looks for myself...) So far I've seen three Legacies in the wild.

25 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

I agree. I use a HUD to inspect avatars fairly often, and see the body MAYBE one time for every ten Maitreyas.

Also, a gigantic eye roll on equating this body to a Rolls Royce.  Sure, if Rolls Royce had a horrible reputation and required you to test drive their cars in a blinding white room. 

I had the opportunity to inspect my first naked TMP Legacy body this weekend (long story). I'll admit, it looks good -- better than either my Slink or Maitreya.

That said, I don't get it: everything about how this business is run (and has been run in the past) seems to flash "Warning!" in big red letters.

Certainly, though, I'm seeing more and more clothing available for it. Presumably, creators are seeing a demand?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'll admit, it looks good -- better than either my Slink or Maitreya.

It also has 4.5 times the VRAM compared to Maitreya 5.0. No wonder the mesh freaks out an an altitude and starts literary bursting apart at the seams.

• Like 4

Re: lack of Legacy sightings in the wild. I think the perception of its ascendancy is in no small part driven by bloggers and photographers who never leave their platforms, except maybe to hit up shopping events? 

I agree that Lara/Legacy is taking off as a popular rigging. I’m sure for creators it’s not simply market share but the type of consumer who is likely to own the body. They SHOP. 

Generally speaking though, (don’t @ me!!!) it is amazing how half-baked products take hold in the market and inspire such devotion. It’s the shape of the mesh I suppose, everything else can be excused. I guess I get that, she said, standing on a platform checking out her own butt. 

Edited by missyrideout
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cinos Field said:

I recognize the Maitreya shoulders or the Hourglass mega-butt

Haha! So do I! Those Maitreya armpits are visible 100 meters away. Okay, exaggeration, but I know you know that I know you know what I mean!

20 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

That said, I don't get it: everything about how this business is run (and has been run in the past) seems to flash "Warning!" in big red letters.

Perhaps, but is that also true for many things in RL? I see it this way: By experience: All support for most things in SL is user-supplied through groups. CSRs and Creator=direct usually only for purchasing issues, no?  Though the redraw of the body when using auto-alpha is relatively slow, it's a consistent speed: it neither speeds up nor slows down based on region lag. So once I've become used to it, it isn't much bother.

As for "past" activities or lack thereof, or past experiences, etc., one cannot plan the future on events of the past. A translation for those who don't like to think: Events of the past rarely repeat themselves; the likelihood of such is exponentially lowered. So trying to predict the future based on those events is akin to the Chicken Little doom-and-gloom that never seems to come to pass in all the other places you see doom-and-gloom so direly predicted.

Here's a pro-tip for those in need of one: Second Life isn't going to be around forever; it will stop working one day. When it does, many will be sad. So why do you bother using it (and spending money on it) now when you know this is inevitable? Because you are able to enjoy it now. This also is how I see the Legacy thing - the creators would be utterly stupid to not put forth a full, good-faith effort at top-notch support (meaning system updates, body updates, perhaps new features down the line, etc.).

So those buying and using Legacy now realize it won't be around forever, but we are enjoying it now.

26 minutes ago, Orwar said:

It also has 4.5 times the VRAM compared to Maitreya 5.0. No wonder the mesh freaks out an an altitude and starts literary bursting apart at the seams.

If that's the cost of higher quality then I'll pay the price.You can derender me if you like; it's your loss. ~snorts~

12 minutes ago, missyrideout said:

Re: lack of Legacy sightings in the wild. I think the perception of its ascendancy is in no small part driven by bloggers and photographers who never leave their platforms, except maybe to hit up shopping events? 

I agree that Lara/Legacy is taking off as a popular rigging. I’m sure for creators it’s not simply market share but the type of consumer who is likely to own the body. They SHOP. 

Generally speaking though, (don’t @ me!!!) it is amazing how half-baked products take hold in the market and inspire such devotion. It’s the shape of the mesh I suppose, everything else can be excused. I guess I get that, she said, standing on a platform checking out her own butt. 

I have no response to this whatsoever. Except to say: DITTO THIS.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, missyrideout said:

Yes, the bloggers and fashion folk may be driving the sales. I need to pay attention to the credits on blogs that I read to see if that the case with them. 

It just really annoys me when people insinuate that the criticism of this body is due to being a “hater”, or being too basic to understand a superior product (luxury cars anyone? ROFL). I see major warning signs in their business practices so I won’t be spending my SL budget on it ever.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alyona Su said:

If that's the cost of higher quality then I'll pay the price.You can derender me if you like; it's your loss. ~snorts~

It's okay, I'll just make sure you aren't wearing too many additional attachments. Grins.

7 minutes ago, Orwar said:

It's okay, I'll just make sure you aren't wearing too many additional attachments. Grins.

Well, birthday suit or not, there's still Bakes on Mesh system clothes LOL Besides,

Legacy is on my alt. I'm sticking with my Belleza Venus, even if I'm the last person on the grid who still uses it. There is still more stuff for it than I can ever buy, it still looks to me to be higher-quality and better shaping than any other mesh body, and BUTT PHYSYCS, so HUH!

~makes street-cred gangster-looking offensive finger-signs and exaggerated bad-girl stance with blank "can't touch this" stare toward to you, before stomping off with a loud harrumph~

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

It just really annoys me when people insinuate that the criticism of this body is due to being a “hater”

I agree, it's one of my pet peeves in fashion. Especially since I mostly come across it with products I actually like and *want* to wear, lol.  I guess of all the "parts" in SL, bodies and heads are the ones we most identify with, so criticisms tweak us differently than a t-shirt glitching through a sweater or whatever. But it's not personal! 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, missyrideout said:

I am a blogger... I happily go to clubs; hang out with my friends so not true of all bloggers; just saying! :P 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Perhaps, but is that also true for many things in RL? I see it this way: By experience: All support for most things in SL is user-supplied through groups. CSRs and Creator=direct usually only for purchasing issues, no?  Though the redraw of the body when using auto-alpha is relatively slow, it's a consistent speed: it neither speeds up nor slows down based on region lag. So once I've become used to it, it isn't much bother.

As for "past" activities or lack thereof, or past experiences, etc., one cannot plan the future on events of the past. A translation for those who don't like to think: Events of the past rarely repeat themselves; the likelihood of such is exponentially lowered. So trying to predict the future based on those events is akin to the Chicken Little doom-and-gloom that never seems to come to pass in all the other places you see doom-and-gloom so direly predicted.

Here's a pro-tip for those in need of one: Second Life isn't going to be around forever; it will stop working one day. When it does, many will be sad. So why do you bother using it (and spending money on it) now when you know this is inevitable? Because you are able to enjoy it now. This also is how I see the Legacy thing - the creators would be utterly stupid to not put forth a full, good-faith effort at top-notch support (meaning system updates, body updates, perhaps new features down the line, etc.).

So those buying and using Legacy now realize it won't be around forever, but we are enjoying it now.

Totally fair, Alyona. I'm not (as Eva would say) a "hater": I just can't imagine spending that much myself on it. If it's worth the money to you, then it's a good purchase!

And it is, unquestionably, a really nice looking body!

Read all the updates of the last couple of days, learned lots from many wiser than me, and understand the various viewpoints.  Each has to be persuaded for themselves, for sure.

For me, it boils down to:  Legacy looks like a great body and I would guarantee to buy it if their business practices were like Maitreya.  But they're not, so I won't.  The whole shopping experience at their sim is awful;  and the amount of concrete information on their website is abysmal - just a few very random FAQs and a whole ton of hype.  Compare this to Maitreya's informative blog.  So that's my approach, good for me and apparently quite a few others.  But I do understand why some take a different view, and they are entitled to it.

By the way, as to SL disappearing - hey, true - nothing lasts forever.  The Roman Empire gave it a good go, the US (aka American Empire, especially if you're from the South, hehe) is making a fair attempt but I think are past their pinnacle, and the same is probably true of the Linden Empire.  Sansar seems to be going nowhere fast.  I wonder what is around the corner?

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.