TMP Legacy mesh body

Windywinters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 6/15/2020 at 9:15 AM, Cyanide Pixie said:

It's not my butt I'm worried about as I made sure to fight against the point when I wore Maitreya and it's a non-issue altogether with Legacy regardless of the size or shape someone makes their rear end. Surely I can't be the only one in SL to have noticed the phenomenon with the Maitreya backside?

This isn't the most extreme example, but here is a shot with a Maitreya avatar's butt in the front, my avatar's Legacy butt in the back. Now, you might think this is strictly a size issue because my arse is fairly small but that isn't it. It is 100% the shape of the mesh. I can make my Legacy butt huge and it stays round. Belleza butts can be very large and round as well. But on the Maitreya body, it seems the bigger the butt gets the more it comes to a point. And I think a lot of people scrunch up their hip length and it only accentuates it further when they have such a short pelvic area.

454040e39dc0cf290794280275ab7f6d.png

In a lot of cases, you can see it without even a full side view. There is a really weird angle of the butt that can be visible at the hip when the avatar is halfway between front facing and side that I only notice on Maitreya avatars. It ranges from looking like a saggy dirty diaper to looking like a full-on traffic cone.

e64cace0d46c26219924db71dc83bd56.png

Again, not the most extreme example as I've seen far pointier sticking out but I'm trying to get some images as I'm out shopping to better express what I see. It's a quirk in the Maitreya mesh I don't see with Legacy or Belleza and it's the first thing that instantly signals to me that a person is wearing Maitreya.

I tried everything I could to mimic that effect with my Legacy body and even when taking my butt up to 100 and cycling through a bunch of poses it never happened. My hip/butt area stayed smooth and rounded at all times with nothing jutting out:

e2467626568babe3f24422d601aa0855.png

Thanks to this post, I have spent the last 15 minutes looking at my ass. I have concluded that I'm nowhere near as bad as the 2nd pic (thank Christ), but I am not too far off the 1st. Like my ass gets plenty of compliments, but if I trip and nudge any one of several sliders... it could be bad.

cries

6cf3b98608.png

^ this looks fine

9e357f233b.png

^ this angle looks a tad concerning...

d91a1d267e.png

^ happy with this, though.

Edited by AyelaNewLife
Added in buttphotos

14 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Legitimate question: but why do bodies pull apart at the seams at high altitude? I can't think of a reason why height would matter... yet it does. For all bodies. And that's really weird.

I honestly haven't the faintest idea but im sure someone here could tell us.

I have to say Legacy's alpha feature where I can just hide parts of my avatar is a breath of fresh air compared to the original TMP. Clothes that I bought that I couldn't wear because my av clipped through them and the alpha layer didn't work, I can now wear the vast majority of them. It's somehow got a better ass too which is like the main reason I've stuck with this body, and it's one of the few that caters to petite avatars like myself. 

The only downside I would say is that I couldn't find a way to solidly blend the neck with the system avatar head and skin that I'd grown fond of, but luckily I still have a TMP head I'm equally fond of and it blends quite nicely.

Apparently it's no longer cool to refer to Legacy and Classic as TMP or The mesh project even though they use "The Shops" region to sell the new bodies and there's still TMP content there. They really want to disassociate themselves with that previous brand so you now must refer to them as meshbody. They apparently have something that triggers every time you use TMP anywhere and they notecard you to stop associating the new body with the old

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

so you now must refer to them as meshbody

This annoys the piss out of me. There are a gaggle of mesh bodies out there on the market, and they want to snap up the branding on 'meshbody'. Like. 1. We know you used to be TMP,  because you're giving out the old TMP body. 2. There were fifty-leven brands of mesh bodies before you. 

I got a Legacy on black friday when they were half off, and I like it. But I will be damned if The Shops/TMP aren't annoying as hell with the business practices. 

• Like 2

On 6/25/2020 at 8:34 AM, Claireschen Hesten said:

Apparently it's no longer cool to refer to Legacy and Classic as TMP or The mesh project even though they use "The Shops" region to sell the new bodies and there's still TMP content there. They really want to disassociate themselves with that previous brand so you now must refer to them as meshbody. They apparently have something that triggers every time you use TMP anywhere and they notecard you to stop associating the new body with the old

Is there some official site/link that verifies ''you must now refer to them as meshbody''?

I don't think words like 'apparently' and 'uncool' are acceptable forms of legalese and I don't recall receiving communications from them demanding customers 'stop associating the new body with the old', or seeing a tiny TM sign next to the word 'meshbody' (although to be fair,  perhaps it's there and I missed seeing it).

I wasn't around when the old body was a thing so I don't have a problem not associating the new with the old, but for those who were - if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck, then unless they plan on hitting customers over the head with lawsuits, customers are always going to associate the old with the new, particularly if certain standards remain the same. It's just human nature.

1 hour ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Is there some official site/link that verifies ''you must now refer to them as meshbody''?

I got a notecard from one of the brands accounts yesterday saying this, they have a feed or something set up that flags up every time TMP is used in relation to to the new bodies on the SL site or various SL related blogs. I think "must" was a bit strong couldn't exactly remember what they said in the NC, they definitely want to try and get rid of any association of the bad rep of their old products

Extract from notecard

Our RSS feed has trigged you used the wording TheMeshProject or TMP when referring to Meshbody. We are not TheMeshProject or known to the Second Life community as TMP. 

We kindly ask that you update and stop affiliating Meshbody with TheMeshProject/TMP.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I got a notecard from one of the brands accounts yesterday saying this, they have a feed or something set up that flags up every time TMP is used in relation to to the new bodies on the SL site or various SL related blogs. I think "must" was a bit strong couldn't exactly remember what they said in the NC, they definitely want to try and get rid of any association of the bad rep of their old products

Hide contents

Extract from notecard

Oh my - how very 1984! 

So rather than putting that up on a website and/or sending a nc to that effect to all customers, they'd rather spy on conversations and then upbraid people for it? Not sure I find that an admirable trait in a business...

Thank you for clarifying though. 

• Like 1

That sounds exactly like them. If they really wanted to distance themselves from their old reputation, maybe they should try changing their behavior (radical notion, I know).

Instead, they're acting just as rude, controlling, and dishonest as ever, demanding respect instead of earning it, and then throwing fits when we don't all bow down to their egos.

So yeah, they can call themselves whatever pompous thing they want to, but it's crystal clear that absolutely nothing has changed.

• Like 1

Hello y'all. I'm probably beating a dead horse here. I just got back on after like... 10 years.. Lol. Purchased the legacy perky, but I'm still very confused on the newage of skins, avatars, mesh, heads, all that jazz. I also purchased a head/skin from LAQ but they don't seem to work or I'm just retarded. Where can I go to find heads that work? Any information or links to resources to help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :D

Welcome back to SL, Nicole! Youre not a dead horse - things change so quickly and it can be very confusing trying to get caught up. 

Youre welcome to IM me inworld if you like - Id be happy to help. And LAQ can work with any body - the LAQ body appliers for Maitreya and Legacy are on the wall behind you to your right when you land in the LAQ store :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Welcome back to SL, Nicole! Youre not a dead horse - things change so quickly and it can be very confusing trying to get caught up. 

Youre welcome to IM me inworld if you like - Id be happy to help. And LAQ can work with any body - the LAQ body appliers for Maitreya and Legacy are on the wall behind you to your right when you land in the LAQ store :)

Thank you! Yeah, 2006 account here. If you wouldn't mind I'll definitely shoot you a message right now. In game via message or on here preferred? I feel like a lost child in a mall right now lmao.

1 minute ago, Niicole Sparkle said:

Thank you! Yeah, 2006 account here. If you wouldn't mind I'll definitely shoot you a message right now. In game via message or on here preferred? I feel like a lost child in a mall right now lmao.

Ingame is fine - dont want to bore anyone to tears in here ;) Im online 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Reveal hidden contents

Extract from notecard

I hope it will blow up to be a "Streisand effect". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

Haha, I logged in, and got that notecard too. What will next step be?

Thank you for understanding, we look forward to more posts, engagements, ads and blogging from you!

Well, continue to remind them who they were, then?

I think it is incredibly rude for the former TMP to hijack the general term "meshbody" as their brand name. And to add more rudeness, using general terms like "legacy" and "classic" instead of making their own, original names.

Well, to be something with a legacy, it is "anything handed down from the past, as from an ancestor or predecessor: the legacy of ancient Rome." Meshbody used a word to define them as the legacy of TMP.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/legacies

Linden lab itself used the word "classic" to describe pre-mesh avatars, so we could search for them on the marketplace with the word "classic". Meshbody messes with that search word now.

I really like how their bodies look. It has always been their behavior that set me off. I have advocated for their free "Classic" gift edition body as a great gift to the community. But you can not erase your past, like you are shameful for it. Stand for who you are, and also for who you were.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Haha, I logged in, and got that notecard too. What will next step be?

Well, continue to remind them who they were, then?

I think it is incredibly rude for the former TMP to hijack the general term "meshbody" as their brand name. And to add more rudeness, using general terms like "legacy" and "classic" instead of making their own, original names.

Well, to be something with a legacy, it is "anything handed down from the past, as from an ancestor or predecessor: the legacy of ancient Rome." Meshbody used a word to define them as the legacy of TMP.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/legacies

Linden lab itself used the word "classic" to describe pre-mesh avatars, so we could search for them on the marketplace with the word "classic". Meshbody messes with that search word now.

I really like how their bodies look. It has always been their behavior that set me off. I have advocated for their free "Classic" gift edition body as a great gift to the community. But you can not erase your past, like you are shameful for it. Stand for who you are, and also for who you were.

Have to agree with you, Marianne - it does confuse things a little, especially for new residents who struggle enough just trying to understand applier vs BOM, let alone would-be proprietary names.

• Like 2

What is the company named if not TMP? "Legacy" is the name of the body, the other one is "Classic" and both are horribly non-descriptive. Without looking into it actively, I'd imagine it's either "Meshbody" or "The Shops"? But you can't really call it "legacy/classic meshbody" though because that makes it sound like you're referring to the original Linden avatar, which is usually called either legacy or classic... look up Grice's Maxims if you want the sociological explanation as to why nobody uses that name.

The other option would be "The Shops Legacy/classic"? That's a mouthful. I'd recommend a second rebranding if the TMP name isn't acceptable anymore. And then hire a PR expert.

Edited by Cinos Field
  • Like 6

On 6/24/2020 at 7:04 PM, Claireschen Hesten said:

Yeah, I got that too. So I just wanted to say "TMP Meshbody" #RSS

On 6/27/2020 at 12:22 PM, Cinos Field said:

But you can't really call it "legacy/classic meshbody" though because that makes it sound like you're referring to the original Linden avatar, which is usually called either legacy or classic...

Bet you my left leg, that's intentional. 

"We're not keyword spamming, that's the name of our bodies!"

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

Yeah, I got that too. So I just wanted to say "TMP Meshbody" #RSS

Bet you my left leg, that's intentional. 

"We're not keyword spamming, that's the name of our bodies!"

You're terrible, Muriel! haha

I have a legacy mesh body  for my main avi , i see on market there is legacy and TMP  for clothing ,should i just stick with legacy when i look for clothing ? i did find a few 1 items of tmp , but noticed they don't fit right and gotta use my alpha layers to high some of my body. but what i also noticed it the physics not work right when i turn off layers. 

On Nayevia i have a maitreya body  which both are great, im digging the legacy on my main . 

2 minutes ago, Nayevia said:

I have a legacy mesh body  for my main avi , i see on market there is legacy and TMP  for clothing ,should i just stick with legacy when i look for clothing ?

If you have the Legacy body stick with stuff that says it's for that body. Anything that says TMP is for the old TMP body which you can't get anymore and the new free/L$1 version Classic "TMP" Meshbody which is said to work with 90% of existing TMP content 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.