Windywinters

TMP Legacy mesh body

7 hours ago, CassiaChiu said:

I wonder what is around the corner?

55.jpg

• Haha 2

hate to say this but best mesh body as far as BoM implmentation at the moment is slink. thing is almost as easy to use as the old system bod.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Atosuria Daviau said:

hate to say this but best mesh body as far as BoM implmentation at the moment is slink. thing is almost as easy to use as the old system bod.

You obviously haven't seen Maitreya's implementation of BOM. I have Belleza, Slink, Eve, Tonic, Legacy, and Maitreya and Maitreya is the new high bar to reach in terms of how to Implement BOM.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

You obviously haven't seen Maitreya's implementation of BOM. I have Belleza, Slink, Eve, Tonic, Legacy, and Maitreya and Maitreya is the new high bar to reach in terms of how to Implement BOM.

This is how I look at it. To each their own. Everyone is gonna have a different look at how BOM was implemented on the body, and say that is the best. I think the bodies that have implemented BOM, implemented BOM in the best way they could. But hey, that is my opinion.

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:
17 hours ago, Atosuria Daviau said:

1 hour ago, halebore Aeon said:
2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

This is how I look at it. To each their own. Everyone is gonna have a different look at how BOM was implemented on the body, and say that is the best. I think the bodies that have implemented BOM, implemented BOM in the best way they could. But hey, that is my opinion.

I agree. Though the post I replied to has nothing whatsoever to do with the Legacy body, so the specific subject was implementation. I find it ironic that the makers of what is, in my personal opinion, the lowest-quality of top-tier mesh bodies has the best implementation of BOM. Specifically, the deformer add-on for BOM-specific items so the system layer stuff doesn't look painted-on, and the way they hide toenails with system socks or stocking. Basically taking the Legacy deformer idea and using it to make BOM even better than what it naturally is.

The Legacy people already have the deformer technique down pat; I have Maitreya clothing that fits better on Legacy than it does on Maitreya. They, the Legacy people, need only create "BOM' versions of those deformers the way Maitreya has.

Now we are left to see what Tonic, Eve, and Belleza do with their implementations.

Edited by Alyona Su

4 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I agree. Though the post I replied to has nothing whatsoever to do with the Legacy body, so the specific subject was implementation. I find it ironic that the makers of what is, in my personal opinion, the lowest-quality of top-tier mesh bodies has the best implementation of BOM. Specifically, the deformer add-on for BOM-specific items so the system layer stuff doesn't look painted-on, and the way they hide toenails with system socks or stocking. Basically taking the Legacy deformer idea and using it to make BOM even better than what it naturally is.

The Legacy people already have the deformer technique down pat; I have Maitreya clothing that fits better on Legacy than it does on Maitreya. They, the Legacy people, need only create "BOM' versions of those deformers the way Maitreya has.

Now we are left to see what Tonic, Eve, and Belleza do with their implementations.

I give Belleza 2 and a half years to come out with BOM. It took them that long to update to Bento. I actually find for BOM implementation, and I know I am gonna be a traitor for this. I find that Signature did it pretty well. Basically making a bare bones system body, yet giving you a choice to wear the onion layer body, or the system layer body as an update.

27 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I give Belleza 2 and a half years to come out with BOM. It took them that long to update to Bento. I actually find for BOM implementation, and I know I am gonna be a traitor for this. I find that Signature did it pretty well. Basically making a bare bones system body, yet giving you a choice to wear the onion layer body, or the system layer body as an update.

Yes, Maitreya did this also, though their implementation is a single-layer body, and the onion skins are add-ons (you wear only the ones you want if still using appliers) - so you never have to change the body, you're always wearing the base. In other words, all the onion layers are there, but they are separate attachable layers that you attach at-will and only the ones you want at the time. I was told the Aesthetic did this for applier clothing, though I'm not sure, that wa s along time ago, though I remember thinking "Huh, that should be a no-brainer". LOL

Edited by Alyona Su