TMP Legacy mesh body

Windywinters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, MALIFAX said:

Yes LEGACY is the new TMP, proof is you still go to the same shop to buy them :P  (The shops! )

Was there ever any doubt? If you are replying to someone's comment, it helps to quote them for context in your own comment. Just saying.

6 hours ago, MALIFAX said:

Yes LEGACY is the new TMP, proof is you still go to the same shop to buy them :P  (The shops! )

No they are actually two different sims. Are they made by the same company who rebranded themselves? Yes. But the original TMP body, and the Legacy Body, are two different bodies.

1 hour ago, halebore Aeon said:

No they are actually two different sims. Are they made by the same company who rebranded themselves? Yes. But the original TMP body, and the Legacy Body, are two different bodies.

Weird...  I bought my LEGACY in the same shop I bought my TMP, I didn't change the link, so I don't understand. And Yes same company but 2 different bodies

3 minutes ago, MALIFAX said:

Weird...  I bought my LEGACY in the same shop I bought my TMP, I didn't change the link, so I don't understand. And Yes same company but 2 different bodies

Maybe that is the case, but even if that is the case. They are probably two different stores on the same sim. I didn't buy mine in the store, I got it on MP. I was not gonna go through that eyesore of an experience. Lol. I think they really need to change that, if that is my only critique. Make it like every other sim where you buy bodies, just have them put out, and you can right click a board and buy it and get out. Not have to use a UI and an experience that has you ping ponging everywhere just to get the body.

22 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Maybe that is the case, but even if that is the case. They are probably two different stores on the same sim. I didn't buy mine in the store, I got it on MP. I was not gonna go through that eyesore of an experience. Lol. I think they really need to change that, if that is my only critique. Make it like every other sim where you buy bodies, just have them put out, and you can right click a board and buy it and get out. Not have to use a UI and an experience that has you ping ponging everywhere just to get the body.

Mmm, it's true their shopping system and deco is ..."special" lol. But I'm happy they abandoned that STUPID credit system that made me loose 275 L$. They wanted to make a different shop but it was too different in fact. Now the visuals please, ...or not.

I bit the bullet and got one, the sale was to much to pass up. no way in hell at 5,000, but at 2,500..may as well. The thing that was almost a deal breaker was needing to go though that abortion they call a store.

Only issues I see is  that depending on the lighting you can see the alpha seams in my skin. might just be a skin issue or not, I did use one from Pink Fuel that matched the one for my head.

56 minutes ago, Sorciaa said:

I bit the bullet and got one, the sale was to much to pass up. no way in hell at 5,000, but at 2,500..may as well. The thing that was almost a deal breaker was needing to go though that abortion they call a store.

Only issues I see is  that depending on the lighting you can see the alpha seams in my skin. might just be a skin issue or not, I did use one from Pink Fuel that matched the one for my head.

Is it still going on? I thought it was only Friday. I decided not to bite, even for 2500. So many other things to buy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sorciaa said:

ha, I did both. like 4k at backbone 🤪

The times where I could spend so much is over. But, I can't complain. I can still use money in SL, but half of what I did before. It's not buying 10 000 L several times a month any more. Not really sad, because so much I bought at sales was not used. I still have unopened things from the last time some stores had sales.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

The times where I could spend so much is over. But, I can't complain. I can still use money in SL, but half of what I did before. It's not buying 10 000 L several times a month any more. Not really sad, because so much I bought at sales was not used. I still have unopened things from the last time some stores had sales.

oh yeah, i wasted so much on stuff i never used. kinda fun though to play archaeologist and dig through the stuff I bought and find things I forgot I had.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 9:01 PM, AnyaJurelle said:

Legacy has twice the complexity of Maitreya - going by my version of the latest FS Viewer - with heaven only knows how many more scripts than other bodes.

In a nutshell, what amounts to 20k on Maitreya will usually be found to be around 40k+ on Legacy.

And I struggled to get my script count down below 3mb wearing Legacy. It usually hovered over 3mb + so that I gave up and returned to Maitreya.

Was just about to give in and buy it due to the sale...

But noticed this also.

Twice the complexity of Belleza (6592), and the scripts for the feet (192kb), hands (128kb), and body (896kb) totals 1.216mb... my Belleza is 64kb because it has a delete scripts option, but even before that it's 640kb.

Belleza Complexity: 6592

Legacy Feet: 2,984
Legacy Hands: 2564
Legacy Body: 9396
But worn together: 14962
(note the gap of 18... SL inconsistency...)

And I don't have to deal with 'experiences' or a networked HUD system that could go offline at any moment.

No Omega support so I have to rebuy skins, but only for brands that support it. Other brands... nope...

Visually it's almost on par with Belleza - not actually better. If I was on any other brand this would be a tough issue... I'd say it's hard to say which 'looks better'.

I did notice that my butt and belly physics were either not working or barely working with legacy on. I think I saw movement in the belly, but not in the butt - they were very subdued. By contrast the breast physics are much more intense with legacy than belleza, so physics for them would require much lower settings. I believe that's also true of Maitreya but less so (I've never been able to make physics for Maitreya that looked as I desired... with some dial tweaking I ALMOST got Legacy where I wanted...)

I also noticed a LOT of gaps in the mesh... I was seeing lines of 'air' all over myself. Thanks to using a dark skin tone these kinds of issues stand out very starkly for me. On the included white-girl skin it wasn't so visible, when I put on another skin from a brand I like that DOES support Legacy... I saw the gaps even from a distance...

And when I wore my head... the skin tones won't match up... this could be the skin maker... but I noticed someone else on the forums say the same thing...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

No Omega support so I have to rebuy skins, but only for brands that support it. Other brands... nope...

True.

Visually it's almost on par with Belleza - not actually better. If I was on any other brand this would be a tough issue... I'd say it's hard to say which 'looks better'.

Also true.

I did notice that my butt and belly physics were either not working or barely working with legacy on. I think I saw movement in the belly, but not in the butt - they were very subdued. By contrast the breast physics are much more intense with legacy than belleza, so physics for them would require much lower settings. I believe that's also true of Maitreya but less so (I've never been able to make physics for Maitreya that looked as I desired... with some dial tweaking I ALMOST got Legacy where I wanted...)

That's something I didn't check because I almost never use physics.

I also noticed a LOT of gaps in the mesh... I was seeing lines of 'air' all over myself. Thanks to using a dark skin tone these kinds of issues stand out very starkly for me. On the included white-girl skin it wasn't so visible, when I put on another skin from a brand I like that DOES support Legacy... I saw the gaps even from a distance...

Definitely gaps but one hopes that will be fixed eventually.

And when I wore my head... the skin tones won't match up... this could be the skin maker... but I noticed someone else on the forums say the same thing...

Also another issue one hopes will be fixed eventually.  It is a beautiful body, but for me, the complexity, holes and scripting issues outweigh appearances.

7 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

yep that was me. i bought a tooon of skins from you name any big stores over the last few months. lol didn't care about the cost, just wanted the lines gone, nope. they are still there. i mean the neck seam, the body cracks are gone for me after my last redelivery so yay. buutt the neck thingie is still there for any of my heads (4 catwas, one akeruka and all genuses) the neck sizes of the body need to be redefined so that light hits them properly if that makes any sense. lol

otherwise i'm pretty okay with it ^^

Edited by ErukaVonD

1 hour ago, ErukaVonD said:

yep that was me.

Actually it wasn't you... so that makes 3 of us I've noticed so far...

I had assumed it was an issue on my end or the skin, but brought it up 'in case'... but this is a trend, unless we all goofed, which is not itself impossible on new things.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ErukaVonD said:

In my case it's the fact that certain WLs cast weird shadows because of the way it passes through that neck seam. nothing to be done until they add different neck sizes

I was surprised that '5' wasn't there - every other head and body has 5, it's what I've always had in my shape, I think before mesh I was somewhere between 3-6, but not sure. Will see if I can get it to go away by messing with options.

I am also still on the demo because my list above stopped me from buying.

I’ll join in on this - bought the body out of curiosity at the sales. Cannot get rid of the neck seam no regard what head/skin combo I use. Catwa/Lelutka/Genus heads combined with Session/The Skinners/Clef de Peau & more skins in both applier and BoM variants... Using the neck fix thing in the HUD on the body and adding the neck fix mesh almost does it, but then you can see the feathered edges of the mesh fix at certain angles :( 

This in combination with the quirks in the HUD is detracting strongly from a anotherwise good body in my opinion...

17 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

The Legacy demo is no longer on the marketplace, I just found out.

Kind of a shame, a friend of mine was interested in it. Anyone know what happened to that?

Likely because many of the nay-sayers grabbed it (and regardless if they actually tried it or not) left unfair negative reviews, so they delisted it. If they relist it after delisting it it would be agains Market Place TOS. They'd have to wait at least a month or two, I imagine, before it's considered a "delist/relist" scenario.

19 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Likely because many of the nay-sayers grabbed it (and regardless if they actually tried it or not) left unfair negative reviews, so they delisted it. If they relist it after delisting it it would be agains Market Place TOS. They'd have to wait at least a month or two, I imagine, before it's considered a "delist/relist" scenario.

There are still some demos up, I checked yesterday. The male and the pregnancy one are up there. But yeah, I would have agree with @Alyona Su there. It is probably due to them making negative reviews, and only getting the demo.

People leave legit reviews, so a product runs away...

The demo reveals some serious 'not ready yet' issues - like the seams, the lack of omega, high script load and high complexity.

I am not yet sure the HUD is networked still - an applier I used from my skin's maker didn't load into the Style thing... So the demo did not YET reveal this to me. But that is a major issue if it still is.

'Naysayer?'

- legit issues should be noted.

There is no right to a 5-star review. Reviews should be detailed and honest.

That noted, I didn't get the demo from MP. You can get it in their store... which reveals another issue. The use of the experience system - which is like handing someone else RLV control of you...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 715 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.