TMP Legacy mesh body

Windywinters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is the hud as bad as bad it was in the old times?

Impossible to find clothing, there, but the skins insluded were awesome, and I think was the only butt that didnt deform in the poses at all.

Thats a great pro, but Lord the Hud was like a pain in the arse.

Edited by HeavenZacarri
  • Like 1

Well I bought it. So this is what I have to say about it.

1) There is no discount for Legacy. It's 5000L$ straight up. The classic that they have is discounted, but lacks the features of Legacy.

2) Deformers do work, they fit most of my Maitreya fitmesh clothes perfectly. However, because of clothes from like Blueberry will not automatically alpha the body (because the scripts are meant for Maitreya,) so you have to alpha yourself.

3) The Alpha controller is not total trash. It's a 3D alpha controller much like Belleza, but not as trashy as Belleza. Belleza's alpha controller I absolutely hate as alpha'ing a part of your body does both front and back sides. Legacy doesn't do this allowing you to alpha the back and front individually like Maitreya does.

4) Somehow the Deformers makes your shape look similar to Maitreya. You can even wear it naked. However, the deformer takes awhile to take effect (Maybe will be faster in a future update.) So copying the body and making outfits for it, which is what I do, your body will be poking out of your outfit until the deformer takes effect.

5) Appliers are in the works from what I understand. What kind of appliers the body will work with is unknown. So no changing custom bought skins as of yet. However, it is backwards compatible with TMP made appliers and is available all in hud if you bought installer packs when you had TMP.

That is all. I like the body. It's a shot in the dark for me, but I am making a gamble. Call me an idiot if you wish. If the body fails again like TMP did, I can still fall back to Maitreya.

Edited by ChloeSilverPhoenix
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, ChloeSilverPhoenix said:

2) Deformers do work, they fit most of my Maitreya fitmesh clothes perfectly. However, because of clothes from like Blueberry will not automatically alpha the clothes (because the scripts are meant for Maitreya,) so you have to alpha yourself.

4) Somehow the Deformers makes your shape look similar to Maitreya. You can even wear it naked. However, the deformer takes awhile to take effect (Maybe will be faster in a future update.) So copying the body and making outfits for it, which is what I do, your body will be poking out of your outfit until the deformer takes effect.a.

So, it shapes the TMP body to be the Maitreya, Belleza and Slink bodies? So, what is the point of buying this body? 5K for it to conform to one of the bodies most users already have? I'll pass. Why bother paying more than double for a mesh body only to copy one that has 100% better support, the ability to wear any omega compatible skin, and applier clothing? 

• Like 5

Just now, Drake1 Nightfire said:

So, it shapes the TMP body to be the Maitreya, Belleza and Slink bodies? So, what is the point of buying this body? 5K for it to conform to one of the bodies most users already have? I'll pass. Why bother paying more than double for a mesh body only to copy one that has 100% better support, the ability to wear any omega compatible skin, and applier clothing? 

I am not doing any sales jobs for this body, it's completely up to you. They are asking currently for any problems with the body so they can fix it and are adding extra features.  If you don't want the body, then simply do not buy it. Maitreya is fine. I just like how sexy the body looks in general.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, ChloeSilverPhoenix said:

I am not doing any sales jobs for this body, it's completely up to you. They are asking currently for any problems with the body so they can fix it and are adding extra features.  If you don't want the body, then simply do not buy it. Maitreya is fine. I just like how sexy the body looks in general.

The deformed TMP body will never been the same of the other body.  As I saw from the video, they still keep TMP body's shape feature, like the breast contour, armpit shape. I even believe it keep most of the original shoulder shape. So the body become a mixture of different bodies. Of course, there is not much strong point to get Legacy TMP body. 

It may be gambling to buy it, but I always do same gambling on this or that. I even bought 2 expensive houses never used once.  5000L is not really any big money. Once I forgot to turn off my spare smartphone on business trip. 3Mb phone data costed me USD320.  Take it easy everyone  :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChloeSilverPhoenix said:

4) Somehow the Deformers makes your shape look similar to Maitreya. You can even wear it naked. However, the deformer takes awhile to take effect (Maybe will be faster in a future update.) So copying the body and making outfits for it, which is what I do, your body will be poking out of your outfit until the deformer takes effect.

5) Appliers are in the works from what I understand. What kind of appliers the body will work with is unknown. So no changing custom bought skins as of yet. However, it is backwards compatible with TMP made appliers and is available all in hud if you bought installer packs when you had TMP.

Okay, as a person already said, if they make your shape look similar. Why waste 5k? When you could get a bunch of detailed skins, and other appliers and make the body you are essentially mimicking, just as sexy.

Okay, but here is the thing. They did this installer proprietary thing the last time, and well if they have to do any maintenance, or the servers get attacked. Your body is totally useless. Why not just go with the way other bodies do it? It would make it much easier on the person with the body, especially during maintenance time, I would be kinda pissed if my Maitreya or Isis underwent maintenance, and I couldn't change something on the body as I please. Also if they wind up closing shop, the HUD and the Body would be useless, as the servers running it, would not be on.

There is so much wrong with that body, and you're not an idiot. It is totally your choice, up to you. As I said once, your money, no one can tell you how to spend it. But from the get-go, I can see so many problems. And with a hefty investment like that, I don't think the return would be sufficient enough for me to even consider buying the body.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

It may be gambling to buy it, but I always do same gambling on this or that. I even bought 2 expensive houses never used once.  5000L is not really any big money. Once I forgot to turn off my spare smartphone on business trip. 3Mb phone data costed me USD320.  Take it easy everyone  :)

Please dont belittle anyones financial resources. $20 may be pocket change to you, but some of us are on a fixed income.. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, halebore Aeon said:

Do you mean the complexity?

28 minutes ago, ChloeSilverPhoenix said:

Not true. My complexity is lower then when I was wearing Maitreya.

It's not about complexity, which doesn't mean almost anything anyway.

Here's a short chart of some mesh bodies. I was lazy to get them all (or to make the chart look better, so just a basic picture), but as far as female bodies market goes it's probably well over 85% of what you see in-world anyway, a few male ones as well. Old Catwa pre-bento head is there to show that "it's not as bad" as it used to be, so despite new TMP bodies taking the lead in vertices amount, they are behind Belleza female bodies (all 3 have roughly the same numbers) in triangles and well behind some old stuff, like said non bento head, so nothing new really, no one's PC is gonna burn.

Those are just bodies, without hands (and some without feet), so the full amount of vertices/triangles will be higher, in some cases (like for the new TMP bodies) a lot higher, their hands are almost 190k triangles (or were it vertices?) for some reason.

P.S.

Couldn't find anyone with new TMP bodies in-world while I was checking a few new events, so I went there to grab demos myself to get the numbers. What an atrocious shopping experience they've made. You have to accept experience, which controls your camera for no reason whatsoever, attaches temporary stuff to your avatar and demo itself is invisible to others, so if someone wants a friend's opinion on how their body/head/skin/hair/etc combo looks like before buying, they have to resort to sharing pictures of the demo inside the store, since it auto-detaches if you leave the region.

Complexity3.thumb.png.0e5448ae73f492d918e2bba956da1de6.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Price aside, what I've seen of the body does look nice. The hands especially.

The thing I can't get over is the "closed" applier system, where you depend on their servers for skins, clothing, alpha, etc., to be applied to it. And no Omega support. That's pretty much a deal breaker for me. These seem more like obstacles than features, IMO.

While I'm complaining, I'll add their shopping experience to the list of cons. I mean, yeah, experiences are cool and all, but why make it more difficult for people to give you their money? Lol

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

I don't know if I'm just easily suggestible, but I'm kind of curious now. Even though I am NOT brand new, do NOT want to spend 5K, and am suspicious of The Shops in general. . 

is called decadence :)

knowing that you spent  L$5K on what is a pretty ok looking body when you had no reason too other than you can. Knowing that not many others are going to get it because they maybe can or can't,  you can. It could be functionally worthless tomorrow but you still got it because you can. Knowing that lots of people are going to ask why you did and you can only say because you can. So you did

• Haha 1

On 4/27/2019 at 12:14 PM, Sylvannas Zulaman said:

Apparently they are also requiring RL information from creators to share their dev kit and saying they have a partnership with Adobe (which doesn't seem to be true).

Considering a good majority of content makers on SL use blender, seems like a rather useless bragging rights on their part.

That partnership with Marvelous Designer Linden Labs has for sansar, now THAT's a bragging right.

On 5/7/2019 at 2:13 AM, ChloeSilverPhoenix said:

Yeah the shopping experience was... odd. Very odd. I agree to that. Also funny how Belleza takes the most VRAM.

As horrifying as those vert numbers are, texture memory can play a bigger role, and the bel used for that snippet apparently has 19 of em.

Though it's not the textures that will make the entire game freeze if you try right clicking on a body, and when there's more than one of those carelessly subdivided monsters together, that high density can still cause issues.

I will give em credit though, having seen the vid linked showing the deformer thing in action, that probably required some heavy amount of scripting trickery to get it to work, and probably the only excusable feature for having it tethered to outside servers, but then that still goes back to the other questions, what happens when those servers are no longer available?

Edited by Digit Gears
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Digit Gears said:

Considering a good majority of content makers on SL use blender, seems like a rather useless bragging rights on their part.

That partnership with Marvelous Designer Linden Labs has for sansar, now THAT's a bragging right.

As horrifying as those vert numbers are, texture memory can play a bigger role, and the bel used for that snippet apparently has 19 of em.

Though it's not the textures that will make the entire game freeze if you try right clicking on a body, and when there's more than one of those carelessly subdivided monsters together, that high density can still cause issues.

I will give em credit though, having seen the vid linked showing the deformer thing in action, that probably required some heavy amount of scripting trickery to get it to work, and probably the only excusable feature for having it tethered to outside servers, but then that still goes back to the other questions, what happens when those servers are no longer available?

I think another big question is. Why wouldn't they at least make a 5-minute demo of the deformers, and let us take the bodies home to demo and fidget around with? Yes, a video is great and all. But do we trust that will work, based on just a video on YouTube? When I get a demo in SL, I want to try it out. I want to play with it for a few minutes, see if I like it. This whole thing screams, red flag.

• Like 2

On 5/6/2019 at 9:24 PM, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Please dont belittle anyones financial resources. $20 may be pocket change to you, but some of us are on a fixed income.. 

5K is a lot of money! At least for me.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2019 at 6:36 PM, ChloeSilverPhoenix said:

That is all. I like the body. It's a shot in the dark for me, but I am making a gamble. Call me an idiot if you wish. If the body fails again like TMP did, I can still fall back to Maitreya.

I don't think you are an idiot, SL is to have fun! Go, girl! 

I am still intrigued by this deformer, the deformers I have seen so far, deform the clothes as well, I never heard of one that kinda mimics other bodies.

I think a lot of us are just weary about their business practices, their price, and how they go about doing things. That doesn't make it wrong for someone to want to buy it. Just fair warning though, be careful. I bought it back in like 2016 and liked it for a bit. So it was the coolest thing, was excited about the updates. Yet they never came, I waited and waited and waited. Until I got fed up, and switched to the Signature body. This was before I identified as female. But yeah the update did come, after 5 -6 years of them constantly promising. Then as a big old slap in the face, they sold their retire bodies at 500L. So all of us who paid a crap tonne of money into this body. Felt it was kinda unfair, that it took them 6 years to update. But right when they update, they sell it for 500L and discontinue the body. Fast forward a few months later, they come back with this brand new body. Looks like the old body, but things were updated. People went in droves to buy it, but some of us. Were really weary of this, especially with the price tag. 5k for a body and people were screaming praises that it was the best body on the grid. We questioned them and questioned them as to why. We got the same answer over and over again, and then they started talking about these deformers. However, there was one big problem. We the people, who wanted to actually give the body a second try, were perturbed. That A we couldn't take it home and fiddle with it, and B we didn't get the deformers in the demo folder. We just had to trust a video they released. And still there is no support, and there is probably never gonna be Omega support. You will just have to use their in-house skins, or buy an applier and install it on a HUD.  If they do shut down, or have to do maintenance or get attacked. The bodies will be useless. That is why people won't invest again. There is no good return, at such high price.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I think a lot of us are just weary about their business practices, their price, and how they go about doing things. That doesn't make it wrong for someone to want to buy it. Just fair warning though, be careful. I bought it back in like 2016 and liked it for a bit. So it was the coolest thing, was excited about the updates. Yet they never came, I waited and waited and waited. Until I got fed up, and switched to the Signature body. This was before I identified as female. But yeah the update did come, after 5 -6 years of them constantly promising. Then as a big old slap in the face, they sold their retire bodies at 500L. So all of us who paid a crap tonne of money into this body. Felt it was kinda unfair, that it took them 6 years to update. But right when they update, they sell it for 500L and discontinue the body. Fast forward a few months later, they come back with this brand new body. Looks like the old body, but things were updated. People went in droves to buy it, but some of us. Were really weary of this, especially with the price tag. 5k for a body and people were screaming praises that it was the best body on the grid. We questioned them and questioned them as to why. We got the same answer over and over again, and then they started talking about these deformers. However, there was one big problem. We the people, who wanted to actually give the body a second try, were perturbed. That A we couldn't take it home and fiddle with it, and B we didn't get the deformers in the demo folder. We just had to trust a video they released. And still there is no support, and there is probably never gonna be Omega support. You will just have to use their in-house skins, or buy an applier and install it on a HUD.  If they do shut down, or have to do maintenance or get attacked. The bodies will be useless. That is why people won't invest again. There is no good return, at such high price.

When they sold everything for 500 and gave all clothes for free, I really thought they were leaving SL. And besides, with bakes on mesh coming, I am not sure if they will update for it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cesartje said:

When they sold everything for 500 and gave all clothes for free, I really thought they were leaving SL. And besides, with bakes on mesh coming, I am not sure if they will update for it. 

Nope, they are just gonna keep with their proprietary crap. You buy an applier, install it on their HUD, you get to wear that skin, and whatever applier you bought for it until the servers go down.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mollymews said:

is called decadence :)

knowing that you spent  L$5K on what is a pretty ok looking body when you had no reason too other than you can. Knowing that not many others are going to get it because they maybe can or can't,  you can. It could be functionally worthless tomorrow but you still got it because you can. Knowing that lots of people are going to ask why you did and you can only say because you can. So you did

Whoa... I don't know you, though you reply to someone else,  how do you know me so well? All is fair in love, war, and BUYING STUFFS!

6 hours ago, Digit Gears said:

[...] but then that still goes back to the other questions, what happens when those servers are no longer available?

The same thing that happens to a bazzilion of other products that relies on external servers. It's been happening since the beginning and over the years since. Hippo Technologies, anyone? As long as you get enough time to feel you have gotten your money's worth of enjoyment out of it then all's fair in love, war, and business.

40 minutes ago, Cesartje said:

I've had this happen with a couple of iPhone Apps, I was livid (went from $10 to free within a month or two). What that does is rebuff the previous purchasers and it will not make any difference because, when free updates for life are promised,  it is the new sales that bring in the dollars and new purchases do not have the rusty-metal taste in their mouths. All is fair in love, war, and business.

33 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Nope, they are just gonna keep with their proprietary crap. You buy an applier, install it on their HUD, you get to wear that skin, and whatever applier you bought for it until the servers go down.

This may be true, but how often do you change your skin around? I know, some people do it daily. ~snickers~ But once you have tweaked and pushed and pulled and molded your naked look to something you are amazingly happy with, most of the proprietary stuff becomes moot. Then it really comes down to the availability of the aftermarket add-on, like clothing outfits, etc. This Deformer thing seems to be their answer to that (only time will tell how well).

Look at what the software companies are doing: Microsoft Office is a subscription service now (Office is still relative? LOL) The same with all the Adobe stuff (Adobe is still relative?) Even though there are equal-quality, just as powerful alternatives for a lot less cost or, in some cases, free (and I don't mean Gimp, either.) The thing is people are lazy. Once they get into their comfort level they sit still and never look sideways at other options, they keep doing the same thing over and over again the same old way, never adapting to a more costly, efficient, faster way. Because Eco-System.

So proprietary or not, people will buy. A simple eco-system is a selling point (easy is as easy does); iOS ecosystem, anyone? The truth is that market share doesn't mean anything, profit does. And as long as the business model is sustainable and they are making enough profit that is satisfactory to them, then they will do what they feel is best for themselves.

Because all is fair in love, war, and business.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Whoa... I don't know you, though you reply to someone else,  how do you know me so well? All is fair in love, war, and BUYING STUFFS!

The same thing that happens to a bazzilion of other products that relies on external servers. It's been happening since the beginning and over the years since. Hippo Technologies, anyone? As long as you get enough time to feel you have gotten your money's worth of enjoyment out of it then all's fair in love, war, and business.

I've had this happen with a couple of iPhone Apps, I was livid (went from $10 to free within a month or two). What that does is rebuff the previous purchasers and it will not make any difference because, when free updates for life are promised,  it is the new sales that bring in the dollars and new purchases do not have the rusty-metal taste in their mouths. All is fair in love, war, and business.

This may be true, but how often do you change your skin around? I know, some people do it daily. ~snickers~ But once you have tweaked and pushed and pulled and molded your naked look to something you are amazingly happy with, most of the proprietary stuff becomes moot. Then it really comes down to the availability of the aftermarket add-on, like clothing outfits, etc. This Deformer thing seems to be their answer to that (only time will tell how well).

Look at what the software companies are doing: Microsoft Office is a subscription service now (Office is still relative? LOL) The same with all the Adobe stuff (Adobe is still relative?) Even though there are equal-quality, just as powerful alternatives for a lot less cost or, in some cases, free (and I don't mean Gimp, either.) The thing is people are lazy. Once they get into their comfort level they sit still and never look sideways at other options, they keep doing the same thing over and over again the same old way, never adapting to a more costly, efficient, faster way. Because Eco-System.

So proprietary or not, people will buy. A simple eco-system is a selling point (easy is as easy does); iOS ecosystem, anyone? The truth is that market share doesn't mean anything, profit does. And as long as the business model is sustainable and they are making enough profit that is satisfactory to them, then they will do what they feel is best for themselves.

Because all is fair in love, war, and business.

Yes, and all your points do make sense. I can agree with you on that one. However, there is a big but. There is always big buts in this. Lol. The biggest problem we have here, is people are magpies. They see something shiny and new and must have it. They will get it and then throw away their old thing. As they feel it moot, and not the greatest thing. Humans are very fickle creatures, and we have been like this since the dawn of time. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.