TMP Legacy mesh body

Windywinters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

47 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I think you missed an important part of my post or I have completely misunderstood yours.  Today, if you already have Matrieya, Belleza, Slink or virtually any body that takes appliers today, when bakes on mesh arrives, those pre-BoM versions will still work with appliers.  There is nothing special about TMP that makes it a better choice for appliers while we wait for BoM support.

Out of the box, BoM and appliers will not be able to be mixed as far as I know, if a body or supports both it will be choose one or the other.  This is how the Lelutka head works, there is a BoM switch and that only works with BoM layers but if turned off then ordinary appliers work.

maybe you also lost a part of my post, because I didnt talked about appliers compatibility with tmp but about clothing compatibilities with the deformers, I think is way more comfortable to wear one of them more than changing the body to wear clothes, but thats what im talking about, thats why is kind of an option meanwhile there is not any alpha system

The whole deformer concept sounds interesting, but I would not want to have to buy the body just to be able to see how well it works.   I would be concerned about how it might be changing the way my shape looks in my clothes, and I would also be worried about not being able to alpha out a part that might poke through with particular movements from my AO, for example.   

13 minutes ago, SwainCamps said:

maybe you also lost a part of my post, because I didnt talked about appliers compatibility with tmp but about clothing compatibilities with the deformers, I think is way more comfortable to wear one of them more than changing the body to wear clothes, but thats what im talking about, thats why is kind of an option meanwhile there is not any alpha system

I was responding to what you wrote here which referred to BoM but not to the deformers and so yes, I did take it to mean you were talking about appliers:

On 5/13/2019 at 4:03 PM, SwainCamps said:

Well, TMP might not include bom compatibility, but meanwhile could be a good solution to clothing compatibility and all

Especially as you also wrote in response to my post this which seemed all about appliers:

1 hour ago, SwainCamps said:

Well, I hope creators will do appliers that work with BOM, because im not interested in getting a catwa only to get everything I want, also we were talking about the bodies, as I said, TMP legacy may be a good solution to clothing compatibilities meanwhile we wait for BOM release and old alpha/layer system, still if creators dont create BOM appliers,  there is still a lot of old appliers that are really good quality, so you can also get old good quality skins, makeup or tattos/clothes and etc

I think "clothing compatibilities" was the issue because I took that to mean appliers in the context of the above parts of the conversation and not deformer clothing.  You don't mention deformers anywhere in your posts.  Anyway, no harm done :)

8 hours ago, moirakathleen said:

The whole deformer concept sounds interesting, but I would not want to have to buy the body just to be able to see how well it works.   I would be concerned about how it might be changing the way my shape looks in my clothes, and I would also be worried about not being able to alpha out a part that might poke through with particular movements from my AO, for example.   

My whole thing with the deformers. Why buy the body, when you already have the body/bodies that fit that specific outfit? To me, buying a body, just cause it's pretty and for a deformer. That seems like a total waste of money.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

My whole thing with the deformers. Why buy the body, when you already have the body/bodies that fit that specific outfit? To me, buying a body, just cause it's pretty and for a deformer. That seems like a total waste of money.

It is clear they are targetting the faithful fandom. Who, in their right mind, will spend $450 for seriously cheaply-built kerrap with zero variety in print design or color only because it has a name like Burberry on it? TMP wants to be the Burberry of mesh bodies, to which I say: Good luck with that.

• Like 1

I'm not telling people how to spend their money. I really don't care if you want to buy the new TMP body, I am just looking at the body in its current state. Little support, and wants to mimic the shape of other bodies. Where in there does it say, this is worth 5k? Yeah, it may have nice textures, and it may be able to fit your clothes, that were specifically made for other bodies. But where in there does it say, I'm worth 5k? Had they put out the devkits early, and there were tonnes of support, clothes, appliers etc. Yeah, I could see why people would want to buy. And I would have given it another shot. But like last time, upon release and a few weeks in. There is very little support, and we have no idea if it will be Omega compatible or not. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ok now i got curious about this i skim through this so I dont know much details. One things I do agree is the price and support is not so good. In the past i tried to look for help lets says could not find anything. Dont get me wrong the bodies are nice really nice. But like many said many thought TMP was dead even me included i am surprised they even released a new body at all i mean i waiting on Lara body the new update is being worked on at least what i been told by one peeps who working on the body. Is something i look forward. 

• Like 1

yea it is a nice body but i wish they would make some changes and hurry up and come out with appliers for tattoos and etc and change the alpha layer for the feet as well but other than that its a nice body well the male one anyway and this is my first time using this body hope to be using it more 

I actually went to this store last night to see what was new, and shockingly, it's still a mess.  You would think they had learned their lesson from all the complaints last time, but nope, they doubled down on their stubbornness.  Who thought it was a good idea to make acquiring a body such a confusing and frustrating process?  The blinding white aura obscures everything around you making it difficult to see the instructions and Hud, and they made acquiring a body a literal SL Experience, where it automates your huds and moves your avatar to the next room.   It's a mystery why they don't do it the normal way like everyone else, with a normal store,  demos, and final product all easily accessible without going through so many hoops.  SMH. 

The sad thing is, the TMP bodies are actually really aesthetically nice looking.  It probably would've been the top body if it wasn't for the steep price and godawful hud (which is even worse now).

On 5/1/2019 at 7:56 AM, Ruslana Koskinen said:

It is really boring for no  innovative idea on mesh body over years. How about the shin, forearm, the proportion length legs and arms? How about the change the thickness of shoulder only.  You can see the Blackdesert Online MMO, they also gave player to change that over 2 years.

This is not possible due to SL's default skeleton.  They would need to redo the entire skeletal structure with different shapekeys and deformers, similar to how they added the new bento bones.

Custom skeletons can be made in Blender or Maya, but they still need to be binded to the default SL skeleton which makes it very difficult and practically impossible for using the in-world sliders for anything.  This is why all the popular mesh bodies try to match their bodies to the defaul the skeleton, so people can actually use the sliders in-world.

Edited by Nextio
Looks like i might be wrong. People are linking to mesh deformers for shoulders, butt, etc. Interesting.

12 hours ago, Nextio said:

The sad thing is, the TMP bodies are actually really aesthetically nice looking.  It probably would've been the top body if it wasn't for the steep price and godawful hud (which is even worse now).

I second that. The HUD is a nightmare. I like the body. The store owners is so f-ing stubborn and will not listen to complaints at all. So, great looking product, useless support and concept. Useless for me, to each their own. 

Maitreya is the undisputed #1, because they listen. If TMP did the same, they could give Maitreya a run for the first place. Heck, if they listened when Maitreya came out, dropped the HUD and allowed Omega, they could be #1 and Maitreya hanging behind.

Edited by Marianne Little
edited 1 word
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I second that. The HUD is a nightmare. I like the body. The store owners is so f-ing stubborn and will not listen to complaints at all. So, great looking product, useless support and concept. Useless for me, to each their own. 

Maitreya is the undisputed #1, because they listen. If TMP did the same, they could give Maitreya a run for the first place. Heck, if they listened when Maitreya came out, dropped the HUD and allowed Omega, they could be #1 and Maitreya hanging behind.

They need to do away with all the stupid stuff from last time and lower the price. Than I would consider buying the product. As for now, 5k is a bit too steep for my asking. As all other bodies are cheaper.

On 5/14/2019 at 6:03 AM, SLIM Barrowstone said:

ohok well i just want to know how to apply my other tattoos to the TMP Legacy mesh body b/c this is the first time i have had one 

No one has replied to you?

I don't know what type tattoos you have.

1: Are they old type layers that goes on the default body?

2: Are they an object that attach to your screen, you click it to get the tattoo applied on a mesh body?

Answer to 1: You can't.

Answer to 2: You can, but ONLY IF the tattoo creator has put them in an applier made to work with TMP. 

TMP is a closed system. If you are the tattoo creator and you put your own tattoo in an Omega applier? Sorry, TMP does not allow Omega. You are stuck with "made for TMP" stuff only. 

You can apply for a creator kit. Good luck with that, they don't give out kits for personal use.

Edited by Marianne Little

The deformer is not a bad concept.  Look at it this way...  You can actually save time and money by having one body, instead of constantly switching to another body and setting up multiple outfits for each one.  You also wouldn't have to constantly worry about switching skins, tattoos, and so on.

If i remember correctly, this is sort of what Liquid Mesh was supposed to do, but Fitted Mesh ultimately prevailed.  Fitted Mesh worked great on standard avatars, but with the advent of mesh bodies, everything became dependent on specific mesh bodies.  This deformer seems to have the solved the problem.

I can't verify if it works properly, but if the deformer let's us use all the major clothing brands for the top bodies, then it's actually a nice workaround if you just want to use one body as a default for modeling, poses, photography, etc.

....or perhaps i'm misinterpreting the entire concept of the deformer. haha.

Not quite so, the degree of the shinning, feature like pore effective, the drawing of skin, are basically different among different bodies. May the skin will be changed following the head skin later.  However, it does not only the shape matters.  May be just me, I don't like the original skin of the female TMP body skin. It is too soft for me. Nor I do not like the male TMP body skin. I am much prefer to Signature. I love their shinning and pore effect. In long term, we just spend more on more nice stuffs.

As to the deformer of other mesh body brand, I am a bit aware any dispute resulting from that.  I am not sure myself, may be I will buy TMP for that in someday, but I have too many things want to buy atm.

Edited by Ruslana Koskinen

35 minutes ago, Nextio said:

The deformer is not a bad concept.  Look at it this way...  You can actually save time and money by having one body, instead of constantly switching to another body and setting up multiple outfits for each one.  You also wouldn't have to constantly worry about switching skins, tattoos, and so on.

If i remember correctly, this is sort of what Liquid Mesh was supposed to do, but Fitted Mesh ultimately prevailed.  Fitted Mesh worked great on standard avatars, but with the advent of mesh bodies, everything became dependent on specific mesh bodies.  This deformer seems to have the solved the problem.

I can't verify if it works properly, but if the deformer let's us use all the major clothing brands for the top bodies, then it's actually a nice workaround if you just want to use one body as a default for modeling, poses, photography, etc.

....or perhaps i'm misinterpreting the entire concept of the deformer. haha.

This deformer is not any different from countless other deformers (or in some cases called "enhancers" ) that can be found on the MP and no, nothing new was added/changed in SL recently to make some kind of "new magic deformer possible". If this concept was any great on practice, then it would become popular ages ago and people would have had way easier time to use all clothes on the body of their choice. From what I've seen with other deformers it's a hit or miss when it comes to clothes and even different shapes. Some things might work, some just won't, especially when it comes to using animations.

So knowing TMP's shady reputation and all that PR campaign that was going on during the "new" body's release, I'd say it's just marketing and nothing else. Quite unsuccessful one too I might say, I barely see anyone using their bodies or any fashion related content (blogs, flickr etc) with their bodies listed in credits.

1 hour ago, Nextio said:

he deformer is not a bad concept.  Look at it this way...  You can actually save time and money by having one body, instead of constantly switching to another body and setting up multiple outfits for each one.  You also wouldn't have to constantly worry about switching skins, tattoos, and so on.

But if someone already bought the body, would it not be pointless and expensive to just add another one to the fray?  I have both the Isis and Lara body, and I honestly don't mind having clothes for both.

That and if you already have the body, that fits the clothes. Would you not be wasting money, to buy another body, that is literally a hit or miss to wear said clothes? From what I heard, it only works with curvy shapes. So essentially, everyone who wanted to have a smaller body. You might as well kiss that goodbye with the deformers.

Edited by halebore Aeon

On 5/26/2019 at 5:30 PM, halebore Aeon said:

But if someone already bought the body, would it not be pointless and expensive to just add another one to the fray?  I have both the Isis and Lara body, and I honestly don't mind having clothes for both.

That and if you already have the body, that fits the clothes. Would you not be wasting money, to buy another body, that is literally a hit or miss to wear said clothes? From what I heard, it only works with curvy shapes. So essentially, everyone who wanted to have a smaller body. You might as well kiss that goodbye with the deformers.

well also 90% when I do buy a clothing item there is an option for most common bodies when you open the file they will for lara, belleza, slink and etc but i do not mind buying for both if comes but really like person i am quoting from it be a waste of money if somone already have the bodies . 

18 minutes ago, elixdude said:

I almost intrigued with the Legacy body to be honest. It looks good on male... But L$5000 and no omega support... 😥

I do agree the HUD is quite annoying. It depends on the media like... why? 🤨

Because every applier is stored on their server instead of locally. Tee main concern with that is, when they decide to close down, people will lose their appliers. Good thing bakes on mesh is coming sometime.

Can someone please enlighten me how that thing is supposed to work? Once a deformer alternates your bone strutcure the fitmesh body will adapt to that. You know what also follows your bone structure? Rigged mesh clothing. So a bone deformer should end up shifting both your cloth and body in the same direction, right?. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.