TMP Legacy mesh body

Windywinters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 minutes ago, Mollymews said:

people make stuff that is Modify and also comes with a texture/color/size HUD. I like those products

because they created them , they have the source material and can do whatever they please with it, they created it and own it , which in their best interest  is to give it to the costumer to personalize their product 
not the case for TMP now is it ? see this is also called an observation , you might wanna learn how to logic 101 

Edited by vvvRavenvvv
typos

1 minute ago, vvvRavenvvv said:

not the case for TMP now is it ? see this is also called an observation , you might wanna learn how to logic 101 

you might wanna observe that logic is not the same as binary. That a discussion about what we like, is not the inverse of what we don't like

Just now, Mollymews said:

you might wanna observe that logic is not the same as binary

that was the entire point , i'd insult how dense you are or even question if you are purposely derailing this conversation , but i am civil 

12 minutes ago, vvvRavenvvv said:

that was the entire point , i'd insult how dense you are or even question if you are purposely derailing this conversation , but i am civil 

the Maitreya Lara body is no-modify. It has other things that I like about it. I buy it as those other things out-weigh my preference for modify. This is logical.  I have a SL dog. It is no-copy/transfer. I would like it to be copy. It isn't. I like the dog for other reasons that out-weigh my preference for copy. This is logical

Edited by Mollymews
as

3 hours ago, vvvRavenvvv said:

i didnt make a claim i made an observation  

in the first line i said '' believe'' that  means i have no  solid proof , just a genuine feeling , and not a hollow one at that because in this case  there are indications as to where this believe came from  which can be seen in the 2nd and 3rd lines
that is what a detection is , an observation  , if you want proof you can put some time and effort to clear out that this is NOT the case 
the burden of proof is on them not me , they claim that its  product they made , when i compare it to this plus the update times and even the rigging issues it has  i  can fairly assume so and voice my assumption 
had i said YES that IS what they did then i would be the one making the claim and i will be the one having to prove what i just said but i didn't , i merely stated my detection and if anyone has any thing to disprove this information or correct it then by all means 

You can get Daz3D for free and I've had it for some time. I loaded the basic Daz3D model and compared it to the TMP Legacy body. They look radically different down to the geometry - in particular, the Daz3D model is done in quads and the Legacy body is in triangles that don't correspond with the Daz3D quads and some of the triangles are laid out in some weird "watermarking" geometry. The Daz3D has a modeled ribcage and flat nipples; the Legacy body has no ribcage and pointed nipples. It would probably be more work to make a Daz3D body into the Legacy body than it would be to make it from scratch. Of course, I could be wrong so I'd be interested in seeing what you're basing your observation on -- besides, "Well, they both have two arms and two legs", that is.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, vvvRavenvvv said:

there is a bigger issue with acting like this 
yes whoever creates some thing can put whatever price they want on some thing and whoever buys it is free to do so 

but you have to understand that this is the free market 
some business practices are malicious in nature and this one is a very good example 
to make matters worse , if we allow or even go to support people practicing such malicious tactics we allow other brands who would usually shy from using them to quickly adopt them , the consumer ( you ) dont seem to mind them , before you knwo it , every content creator will just make EA their idol 
not acceptable 
malicious practices should never ever be greeted with  the '' you do you '' attitude , because it infects the market  and soon you lose your choice 

huh? I am still trying to figure out why I was quoted in this ...

1 hour ago, Ruslana Koskinen said:

They only do once every few years. Next update for body may be 2025. 

But by then, Avatars will be far more advanced and TMP will be behind. Yet will have someone say that they have competitive pricing, and are the best body on the grid. Which is subjective btw. Look BoM will be out probably soon, and TMP will still be using their old proprietary HUD system to add skins to the body. I would say BoM beats any sort of HUD applier system, by a long shot. 

2 hours ago, Chase01 said:

huh? I am still trying to figure out why I was quoted in this ...

When a forum (or SL in-world) glitch happens, never try to "figure it out" because it will drive you crazy and insane. 

Did TMP once and finally just deleted it because I didn't think they were ever going to update..

I don't care if they come out with the best thing since sliced bread..I'm not gonna sit on another one of their products to have it fall way behind again..Been there done that..

Are they even using actual mesh clothes yet and off the system clothes appliers and that crazy credit system?

The whole process felt like  being at work and having to pay to be there....

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Did TMP once and finally just deleted it because I didn't think they were ever going to update..

I don't care if they come out with the best thing since sliced bread..I'm not gonna sit on another one of their products to have it fall way behind again..Been there done that..

Are they even using actual mesh clothes yet and off the system clothes appliers and that crazy credit system?

The whole process felt like  being at work and having to pay to be there....

they don t hope (i think) that any creator will make clothes&tattoos for their body,thats why they have deformer . But if i ever make good mesh body, i will not be happy if someone will make deformer which copy my body shape..

11 hours ago, vvvRavenvvv said:

DAZ 3D is  a soft where like 3Ds max and Maya where those models are the default models that come with the soft where and they just happened to be a 100% identical to the one used by the TMP brand

10 hours ago, vvvRavenvvv said:

the burden of proof is on them not me , they claim that its  product they made , when i compare it to this plus the update times and even the rigging issues it has  i  can fairly assume so and voice my assumption

👍

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

in particular, the Daz3D model is done in quads and the Legacy body is in triangles that don't correspond with the Daz3D quads and some of the triangles are laid out in some weird "watermarking" geometry. 

Well, the TMP body is most likely originally in quads as well, but when 3d models get put into games, they tend to be turned into tris.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

When a forum (or SL in-world) glitch happens, never try to "figure it out" because it will drive you crazy and insane. 

It's not a glitch. You quoted me and then went on a rant and it really had nothing to do with what I said. That's why I am confused.

On 5/9/2019 at 2:22 PM, Theresa Tennyson said:

You can get Daz3D for free and I've had it for some time. I loaded the basic Daz3D model and compared it to the TMP Legacy body. They look radically different down to the geometry - in particular, the Daz3D model is done in quads and the Legacy body is in triangles

i am sorry but that just goes to explain that you dont know how that stuff works 
anything in a modeling software is gonna be quads and polygons , when exported to the format you need and uploaded t your game is gonna be triangles regardless of what it was before the export 

just like this person explained

16 hours ago, Digit Gears said:

Well, the TMP body is most likely originally in quads as well, but when 3d models get put into games, they tend to be turned into tris.

FBX or DAE , that is the format you usually  would use in a game engine , which second life happened to be and both turn polygons from quad to tries that is why the export is required , so they are pretty much identical 
Triangles.jpg.1452d485c695f41e44642793269e79e7.jpg

geometry and such does not count
anyone can just change the optimization counter on the size  from 10 to 9 and give the entire thing a new geometry and claim they made it  if we wanna follow your logic , what do you think asset flipping is ? or have you ever even heard of the term ?

Edited by vvvRavenvvv

Oh dear, your finger must have slipped when you quoted me, because somehow you didn't include the last part, where I said "the Daz3D model is done in quads and the Legacy body is in triangles that don't correspond with the Daz3D quads" - like they would if the quads were directly converted into triangles like your examples show.

8 hours ago, vvvRavenvvv said:

geometry and such does not count
anyone can just change the optimization counter on the size  from 10 to 9 and give the entire thing a new geometry and claim they made it  if we wanna follow your logic , what do you think asset flipping is ? or have you ever even heard of the term ?

So, in other words they didn't "export them as they are with no effort", like this guy said:

On 5/9/2019 at 2:35 AM, vvvRavenvvv said:

DAZ 3D is  a soft where like 3Ds max and Maya where those models are the default models that come with the soft where and they just happened to be a 100% identical to the one used by the TMP brand , i almost believe that they just exported them as they are with no effort , and the updates to the softwhere match the timing of them updating their so called '' product ''  , coincidence ?

And it would mean that they would have the geometry they modified, unlike this person thought:

On 5/9/2019 at 3:38 AM, vvvRavenvvv said:

because they created them , they have the source material and can do whatever they please with it, they created it and own it , which in their best interest  is to give it to the costumer to personalize their product 

And just for fun, I'll throw this one in.

On 5/9/2019 at 3:45 AM, vvvRavenvvv said:

Edited by Theresa Tennyson
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, SwainCamps said:

Well, TMP might not include bom compatibility, but meanwhile could be a good solution to clothing compatibility and all

At this point there are no strong indications whether other body parts from other makers will ditch existing applier compatibility or not.
One head maker already has a toggle switch that allows appliers or BoM compatibility.  This is just one possible way that compatibility might be preserved for existing products.
It is entirely plausible other body part makers will either do this or something simillar, at least at first.

At the very least the body parts that exist today will still work with appliers after BoM release and if a person doesn't have pre-BoM body parts already then they likely will not have any appliers anyway and/or will avoid them in favour of BoM layers after release.

I cannot imagine any problem that exists for which TMP and the way it works is a good solution.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

At this point there are no strong indications whether other body parts from other makers will ditch existing applier compatibility or not.
One head maker already has a toggle switch that allows appliers or BoM compatibility.  This is just one possible way that compatibility might be preserved for existing products.
It is entirely plausible other body part makers will either do this or something simillar, at least at first.

At the very least the body parts that exist today will still work with appliers after BoM release and if a person doesn't have pre-BoM body parts already then they likely will not have any appliers anyway and/or will avoid them in favour of BoM layers after release.

I cannot imagine any problem that exists for which TMP and the way it works is a good solution.

Well, I hope creators will do appliers that work with BOM, because im not interested in getting a catwa only to get everything I want, also we were talking about the bodies, as I said, TMP legacy may be a good solution to clothing compatibilities meanwhile we wait for BOM release and old alpha/layer system, still if creators dont create BOM appliers,  there is still a lot of old appliers that are really good quality, so you can also get old good quality skins, makeup or tattos/clothes and etc

4 minutes ago, SwainCamps said:

Well, I hope creators will do appliers that work with BOM, because im not interested in getting a catwa only to get everything I want, also we were talking about the bodies, as I said, TMP legacy may be a good solution to clothing compatibilities meanwhile we wait for BOM release and old alpha/layer system, still if creators dont create BOM appliers,  there is still a lot of old appliers that are really good quality, so you can also get old good quality skins, makeup or tattos/clothes and etc

I think you missed an important part of my post or I have completely misunderstood yours.  Today, if you already have Matrieya, Belleza, Slink or virtually any body that takes appliers today, when bakes on mesh arrives, those pre-BoM versions will still work with appliers.  There is nothing special about TMP that makes it a better choice for appliers while we wait for BoM support.

Out of the box, BoM and appliers will not be able to be mixed as far as I know, if a body or supports both it will be choose one or the other.  This is how the Lelutka head works, there is a BoM switch and that only works with BoM layers but if turned off then ordinary appliers work.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.