The Linden Homes Photo Thread

Patch Linden

Light of Aurelia is a lovely spot. Ships tend to hit rocks around places like this too, so I figured it was a good place to go looking for sunken treasure.  I'm still not having much luck, though. I swam all around the lighthouse this evening and found nothing but a rowboat, a few crates, and some barrels.  Well, and a ship's wheel, which suggests that there has to be the rest of a ship around here somewhere.  If there is, though, it's been covered by the shifting sand -- impossible to  recover without heavy equipment.  The search continues ......

186454018_Mermaid8-8_1.png.e14d8725387de53d9b56c6a2548f969e.png945017753_Mermaid8-8_2.png.54349489709e084d2f385613d164467f.png1380313399_Mermaid8-8_3.png.3f140a48d1e75ebe935f8051741ddccc.png

• Like 14

I took some pictures of the newly opened regions today and, of course I love the butterflies and all the little natural pools- the Moles are getting to flex more for sure. But somehow I don't think I'll be leaving the Squishy Pickle.  Kind of settled in now and it feels like home

peaceful

• Like 14

15 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

@MirandaBowers Simple and sweet, very nice! Who makes the shutters and the architectural facade detail that you used?

Blush, they come with some of the add-ons

Like this one, has the shutters and the facade. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Blushed-Living-Wrap-Around-Porch-Continental-LH/17342267

Edited by iBrat
Link
  • Like 4

Here's my classic Linden Home.  I'm pretty pleased with what I managed on the 175 prim budget.

ixwJiBa.jpg

RUY5YmN.jpg

And me, out on the back deck in the rain... yeah, it rains at my house and I used a fair bit of my prim budget to make that true.

sz2nVqP.jpg

Man, I wish I had the double prim budget of a new linden home.  But then again, having weather might be impossible in someplace like Bellisaria.  I like the weather so much I may end up having to buy some land somewhere.

• Like 21

1 hour ago, karynmaria said:

I find it harder to decorate these larger homes.

Interesting point.  I'd figured on twice the budget meaning more flexibility on where I skimped and where I lavished attention.  It was honestly getting the weather system installed that made me rethink how badly I wanted a new linden home.  That would absolutely be not in keeping with the overall theme (a thunderstorm over just one house LOL).  But where I'm at now, there is only ever me and one other person 200m away on the radar.  So there's no neighbors to annoy.

It does make me wonder about finding an isolated mainland plot somewhere though.  I've never bought or even researched mainland land sales so I'll have to figure out how to even find the thing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Damian Mills said:

Interesting point.  I'd figured on twice the budget meaning more flexibility on where I skimped and where I lavished attention.  It was honestly getting the weather system installed that made me rethink how badly I wanted a new linden home.  That would absolutely be not in keeping with the overall theme (a thunderstorm over just one house LOL).  But where I'm at now, there is only ever me and one other person 200m away on the radar.  So there's no neighbors to annoy.

It does make me wonder about finding an isolated mainland plot somewhere though.  I've never bought or even researched mainland land sales so I'll have to figure out how to even find the thing.

You did a great job decorating your home.  And I really like the rain.  What weather system are you using? 

I think for me the issue is now that the plots are bigger and now include a yard there is more area to decorate.  And I am not an expert really in decorating or linking stuff to save prims etc.  I am getting better at it though.  I guess I have champagne taste on a beer prim budget LOL.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Is that the official name Pickle island ? 

It first came from someone saying that the original SSP area looked like a dragon sitting in a boot eating a Pickle.  The name has stuck ever since. 

I don't think LL officially named the island or the houseboat area in the NE that is referred to as the Squishy Pickle - which was called that because originally they were going to take the Pickle island, remove the middle and squish it to create a houseboat release.  However, Abnor then decided they could do even more houseboats by simply re-terraforming the middle section.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1