The Linden Homes Photo Thread

Patch Linden

On 8/26/2019 at 12:01 AM, Rolig Loon said:

So far, I haven't heard a ground swell of people telling me to please stop posting travelogues, but I really ought to slow down.

I love your travelogues and pictures. Please do more :). It's such a delight to come across them in the threads. Do you have a blog or somewhere you post them all together?

• Like 5

In love with Bellisseria sunsets

127753401_AlmostTuscany.thumb.png.5ca7abee8f35e6ed1d043c6cfbfdb5e5.png
When I took this photo this music piece came to mind and a short poem I wrote about it some years ago, after first listening to its beautiful melody

The soft piano keys resonate the setting as I fall beneath its spell.  The music plays softly, growing with the new life of summer blooms. A dark haired stranger finds me standing among the flowers and from a single look, my hand is found within his as we begin to waltz.  For that moment, I was living in a Rembrandt painting....and falling in love. - P. A.

(Music: Sigur Rós)

• Like 12

A while ago, Chic Aeon and I each posted photos of the sunken houseboat in Millers Pond, but I hadn't been back since.  I've been curious about what else might be along the river that you can follow from the sea in Stiff Drink and then up through Foxbridge to Millers Pond and beyond.  It's easy to do a flyover, of course, but what's underwater?  Tonight I decided to find out.

1406851822_Mermaid8-39-2019_1.png.d50cb1a14b675ed0441aedb8db3815ea.png

Here's the mouth of the river at the west end of Stiff Drink.  I stretched and began swimming upstream.  The moles were busy in Foxbridge!  It only takes a few flips of a mermaid tail to swim from one to the next (that's how we mermaids measure distance).

1897274171_Mermaid8-39-2019_3.png.4bf5a66e4168983db05612e4499e7f0d.png

I must say, the river is less exciting along the bottom than I expected.  Sort of grassy, smooth, and without any plant life. Not even a fish. Ho hum.

989152970_Mermaid8-39-2019_4.png.c86dc9c4b57cc25c79528d1c6468acf5.png

The channel widens out in Millers Pond, though, and gets quite deep in the pond itself.  That's where the sunken houseboat is, half buried in sand.  Don't ask me how it got there, or how it sunk.  Maybe it was during one of those nasty hurricanes that Patch warned us about.

476436978_Mermaid8-39-2019_5.png.01797d9b112d48361f594d1751a12f83.png

I didn't bother taking time to explore the houseboat again this time, but kept swimming, now northward, through Oldridge and Wolfeboro.  It's an easy swim.  I recommend it as a starter trip for new explorers even if the view underwater isn't much to write about.  The view on the surface is really quite nice.  This would be a fun place to live if you were a land-type person.

810816314_Mermaid8-39-2019_6.png.830dd3177be8b97d6eff3a69d6ce22b9.png

There are even more bridges in this part of the channel, and some very pretty homes and gardens along its banks.  The only thing I found in the river, though, was a speedboat that someone seems to have joyridden into a bridge abutment and abandoned.  Kids.

564516851_Mermaid8-39-2019_7.png.c00ab89cb5b3e56baa6c2a5f4362b6ef.png

And so I swam on from Oldridge to Wolfeboro and into Evard, where I could see houseboats at Guppy off to the east again.  There's a choice here.  Follow the channel back to the sea, or take the fork northward into Cape Lively and head for Penitent Beach?  

1123841296_Mermaid8-39-2019_8.png.66c2f8ec64ebab4fec736c9eba20243a.png

It was starting to get dark and I was tired, so I decided to head for Guppy and end tonight's swim.  Maybe I'll try the other fork another day.  According to the map, it connects to the larger river between Ancoraggio and Passwall, where the land is more rugged.  Who knows?  Maybe there are hidden surprises along that channel? 

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 16

9 hours ago, Nando Yip said:

Here is the base for my underwater garden, on the boat house i am in need of beautiful and lively plants and fish who can help by indicating i can buy, the ones i have are very old from over ten years ago.

AleyMart has some decent plants for free on her MP. Since they're free, you can use them to start out and then replace if you find better ones. There are a few that worked well for me, some that were good enough for short term use and a couple more that I decided against. She also has particle and prim fish rezzers. I ended up not using any of them. But then my fish ended up in the ceiling too :SwingingFriends:

My fish are all from alial Allen's aquarium store, Something Fishy. She has cool corals and anemones too. If you go there, pay attention to which part of the store you're in as she sells both full perm and retail. Some of the fish are scripted so you can set it up to move however you want. One of the menu-driven fish is either free or cheap so you can try it out. I find that a few brightly coloured ones (and alial's are great for that) carry an equivalent visual weight to a lot of not so colourful ones, which is a way to do more with less LI.

If you happen to see this early enough today, swing by the slurl in my sig. My month of access to a houseboat ends today so I'll be clearing it out soon :(  

Edited by Bitsy Buccaneer
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

10 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Bitsy Buccaneer

thank you i'm going to the store you indicated, unfortunately i don't know if i will be able to go to SL in time to see to go to your house boat. But thank you very much for the invitation and when you own another house invite me that I will.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Nando Yip said:

thank you i'm going to the store you indicated, unfortunately i don't know if i will be able to go to SL in time to see to go to your house boat. But thank you very much for the invitation and when you own another house invite me that I will.

i've just finished clearing out the houseboat, so my underwater garden is no more and my aquatic friends are once again land locked. let me know if you can't find Something Fishy (or get lost inside it :) ) and i'll send you an LM. good luck with yours. i'll try to drop by soon.

• Like 3

On 8/29/2019 at 9:53 PM, Nando Yip said:

Here is the base for my underwater garden, on the boat house i am in need of beautiful and lively plants and fish who can help by indicating i can buy, the ones i have are very old from over ten years ago.

I highly recommend paying a visit to Inochi; the underwater items there are beautiful and low LI as well. Here's the MP link to give you an idea (and the link to their in world store): https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/94940.  https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Mudsucker/160/234/21 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

i changed to the evening star ,,, so much you can do with that one ,,, i made  water  deck with autumn  sceanert , and i also enclosed the boat deck made a sun room with sliding doors room  and extension to the top with another room ,,,, the middle pic shows how far i extended the sunfront room ,,,, the side deck i put soil and plants trees  look great

Edited by roseelvira
spell check is on vacation
  • Like 4

with the evening star  this is the far side but when i had the other house boat i took pic of the ceiling beams and the view from the fron windows and created a wall panell so it looks like a windowed wall and not closed in and the beam s wow ,,, so i wish that id linden labs would be so kind as to update the texture packages to include the windows and ceiling beams  i love the house boats and just when i think o i can t decorate this one all of a sudden  a little of this and a little of that ,,, ,,, just excited about this and so grateful  hugs hugs hugs

• Like 4

I am finally settled in with the fixing of my Passwall backyard view next to Stross region.   I wanted to go back to my first home in Gallaudet. It was abandoned and I met the lady who owned it before. Now I think the lady who got it from me lives there.   The fence on both sides and one entrance at the doors. This home didn't allow me a garage. That was first thing. I wasn't liking the flatness to the street.  This person likes it enough, decorated. 

I refreshed for weeks, couple of months and luckily ended up in Passwall region, with canal view backyard.   I was searching for elevated steps to the doors and space for a garage. How fortunate am I to get everything wanted! 

Snapshot 2_001.png

Snapshot 2_002.png

Edited by Shield Markus
  • Like 13