The Linden Homes Photo Thread

Patch Linden

@Marianne Little that looks great! I don't know about you but I prefer the half wall/window combination in the first model (the one your avatar is standing in). To me that looks better proportioned perhaps? But again it really depends what you want to do with the space inside too. (BTW thanks for the weathervane link, that suits your build perfectly!) ❤️ 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RaeLeeH said:

@Marianne Little that looks great! I don't know about you but I prefer the half wall/window combination in the first model (the one your avatar is standing in). To me that looks better proportioned perhaps? But again it really depends what you want to do with the space inside too. (BTW thanks for the weathervane link, that suits your build perfectly!) ❤️ 

I totally go for half wall/window now. I am thinking, since this is an octagon, to have the 5 sides facing the bay like this, and 2 solid walls and a wall with a small, round window between the two walls.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Since the start the Bellisseria Buddhist Center existed as an open parcel to aall public with a meditation/dharma speaking garden, residence spot, and community health and wellness teachers.

Map location and info is located there.

Speakers, teachers ect will be listed on the info board.

The next talks are not scheduled till August as we are on gatherings and retreat in RL at the moment, and have gathered at the RL location. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Oh, wow.  I'd like a double cone, please.  Vanilla.   The heat index here is over 100 today and I am dying.  I really detest summer.  😵

Last week I was visiting my mom just outside of Phoenix and the temps were running 110-113 almost the entire week, with the heat index over 115.  I honestly don't know how those people do it down there.

Here in Denver, it has been running 98-99 this week (with the heat index a bit over 100), but a cold front is coming in and our high on Sunday will only be 76.  Woo Hoo!

• Like 3

New tower:

And I had to have a clear picture here so you can see it better. I did as I said, 5 walls with rectangular windows, 2 solid walls and one with a round window.

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/436002-bellisserians-show-off-your-home-and-garden/?do=findComment&comment=1944272

tower_008.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 21

Just now, Izzy Harcassle said:

AMAZING! You should consider selling it!

I need to do it over. It has some faults that don't show up in a picture, but I couldn't wait, and put it up. It is good for personal use, but if someone bought it, I doubt they would like it. Especially if they are OCD.

I am working fast, but sloppy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, summernightsdream said:

Finished decorating the Evening Star now - have to share :)

EveningStar_002.jpg

EveningStar_003.jpg

EveningStar_006.jpg

EveningStar_009.jpg

That's gorgeous! ❤️ I especially love what you did with your kitchen. To tag onto a topic elsewhere, your kitchen is a perfect example of uniqueness: yes, it's located at a typical Evening Star location for it, but astoundingly uniquely arranged nonetheless, in a manner I totally haven't seen before, what with that creative wooden box around the fridge and all, and all the other wood panels. I'm very impressed. :) I could live there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I continue my never-ending quest for lost goodies on the seafloor, exploring a different part of the Bellisseria water world each time I venture out.  Tonight's search took me to the depths of Abiatti.   It's a rough area, just the sort of place for a ship to run aground.  All I found at first were the usual bits of household junk and an occasional surfboard.  And a half-buried rowboat.  Nice enough, but I've seen plenty like this.  Bellisserians toss a lot of stuff into the water.

2003670009_Underwater6-21_009.png.48096de2cd24437aefe6d56968febca0.png                           

1374220875_Underwater6-21_007.png.f1ffb927e37b848d5c66973a4f374a85.png

1409867145_Underwater6-21_004.png.3ce30f52c128fa5be4fb40c0ba1865a8.png             

It was sort of a ho-hum swim and I was about to give up for the night when I spotted a neat stack of cargo.  Someone had clearly been there before me and had started gathering useful salvage.  Perhaps they found a treasure ship nearby?  Those industrious houseboat owners haven't just been watching Gilligan's Island reruns and sipping Chardonnay on the dock.

1267509008_Underwater6-21_020.png.eec831fc8a22a5dd2a5f23bd667cabb3.png       

And then ......  I saw it.  Not a sunken ship, but a full-sized boathouse, probably swept out to sea during one of the ferocious hurricanes that sweep the east coast of the continent.  Sadly, much of it has been covered by the shifting sand, but whoever stacked those crates and barrels has at least been able to dig some valuable things out.  I can't claim salvage rights, since they have already been hard at work.  Still, it was quite a discovery for me.

926213362_Underwater6-21_018.png.8d256b27178b89f00902ed9fa7689eef.png 

So, no sunken treasure ship yet, but I haven't given up hope.  There's still a lot of ocean to explore, and I can hold my breath (a little mermaid joke there).  

Underwater 6-21_023.png

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 22