The Linden Homes Photo Thread

Patch Linden

A tip for you who are about to run out of LI: PrimPossible has lots of lamps scattered around. Click on them and buy 1 LI lamps for free. Lots of ceiling fans for those who want it, but other lamps too.

I took a quick pic in low quality, just so you see it. I am not sure if LOD is superb, but indoor lams you see close and they hold the shape. They are no copy and no mod, and quite big. But especially the ceiling fans shall be a bit big and it's high up to the ceiling.

The perspective is a bit decieving. The closest isn't sooo big. And I am a bit under avarage height, I think.

Nothing stops you from buying more than one of each. They were a bit tricky to rez, I lost 2. I assume I find them in lost and found, when I log in again.

lamps_001.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Todays main job was adding a front porch. Using transparent glass made an interesting change. And we still don't have the roof textures, do we? So this ended upp well, I think.

porch_001.jpg

porch_002.jpg

porch_003.jpg

I just picked a spot on the map and TP'd to it, and landed right in front of your home! It's lovely! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I just picked a spot on the map and TP'd to it, and landed right in front of your home! It's lovely! :)

TY I had edited the porch, I change all the time. I added railing and made it more narrow, so one can walk around it better on the left. Always some new idea, always a detail to fix.

• Like 3

I adore looking at everyone's house pics :) So fascinating to see how each one is different, even using many of the same items. This whole experience with the new homes has really been a lot of fun for me.  Here are some snaps of my place....umm that is if I can figure out how to put pics on here 😛

Front Yard2.png

Dining.png

Kitchen.png

Living1.png

Living3.png

View.png

• Like 19

I will sneak over! Thank you, thank you! I can never get enough book props.

4 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I changed my little library to be a book giver so if you need "clutter" there is a bookstack inside, just click to receive. 1 LI - four books, mod-copy.

Oceanfront at Heathstone. 

1591430949_littlelibrary.thumb.jpg.c9c5aa224ec2086548e53e05d42a7654.jpg

• Like 2

I didn't only build a porch in the front. I reduced the walls in the houseboat. I am blushing, not in a good way, when I compare before and after. What was I thinking?

Now, it is an open line of view from one end to the other. The bedroom don't have a door, it is in its own alcove, the bath has a door with glass. I may change the door to an more modern one. The furniture is cut down too. Same sofa, a smaller table and the chair is back in my inventory.

boat before after 1.jpg

boat before after2.jpg

Boar beforeafter3.jpg

• Like 20

3 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Four meters turned out to be higher than I thought when I actually got out a prim and made it that size to see. I was walking in my neighborhood yesterday and someone has built what seemed to me to be a fortress wall (plywood texture, alas) around their parcel. It looked way too tall and honestly pretty unsightly, so I thought surely it was over the 4 meter limit. It was not! 

I peeked over the wall and dunno what they are trying to hide in there. It wasn't that special. lol

A 4 m plywood wall can't be in theme. I just refuse to think so.

Maybe some got p*ssed when LL pulled the banlines, and are doing this to say: "Get away! Stay on the other side! Punks!" "So LL think banlines are ugly? We will show them ugly".

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

A 4 m plywood wall can't be in theme. I just refuse to think so.

Maybe some got p*ssed when LL pulled the banlines, and are doing this to say: "Get away! Stay on the other side! Punks!" "So LL think banlines are ugly? We will show them ugly".

I logged in and went to see this and OMG it IS ugly - but maybe they is hiding from the police (I think it was a police car parked in the lot next door).

Now I'm being judgy, blast and darn it. 

Are security orbs allowed? Yup they got one of them as well.

Edited by eyeye Afterthought
too much caffeine
  • Haha 2

Linden Homes - expanding

The moles are not resting as they expand the carefully designed neighbourhoods of the new Linden Homes. From this vantage point you can see new islands waiting to have the moles get to work on them.

One day, not that long ago all this was sea.

Visit this island lighthouse (protected land)

Edited by Randy Pole
  • Like 15

24 minutes ago, eyeye Afterthought said:

Are security orbs allowed? Yup they got one of them as well.

LL will be putting out a free orb per the security thread. After that goes out, other orbs won't be allowed any more. But right now, I think it's okay as long as it's not too aggressive. I think the gist is to be kind and open to your neighbors

• Like 4

Removed the pond oak tree and flower patches, and replaced with something more suitable.

Snapshot_029_001.thumb.jpg.105301e253ea2e776d61bfa979c4108d.jpgSnapshot_029_002.thumb.jpg.9ec4554dd430b5ab1aeeb54be7c3084c.jpg

Using the TMG - Embrace Summer (removed the picnic blanket), and the TMG - Summer Seating (removed the low border wall and the seats),

Picnic table is from the TMG Bluebell Wood. and the birds are the +Half-Deer+ Candy Chickadee Birds - Sugar

• Like 15

12 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I think I was lucky, that got only 2 sides with hedges. Because it gave me access to the road. If I would put a fence there, it would not be the LL for sure. Too high LI. Well, the straight part brick wall is ok, but the columns!

garbage_002.jpg.cd7303a5bd69076f8784d0e69ab2d712.jpg

We are so envious of the fencing some houses already had. We ended up using our own post ends and re-texturing them. Our posts were 1LI. I'm a lil suprised LL's objects are higher LI than they need to be. Our fence ended up costing us 11LI in total. Having those extra prims would have been nice. Our place just wouldn't look the same without a fence. It would look quite barren...

Edited by Aletheia Zuta
  • Like 3

The pool, sauna and outside of the house start to look the way I want them.
Inside the house all the rooms have some furnishing, not crammed but looking already lived in.
Here are some snapshots from the pool, sauna and outside area. The pool is perfect spot to observe traffic going on the sea. 🙂

2019-04-21_Winchester-1.thumb.jpg.43098fb53fb46f5fd77083ca3c60f1d9.jpg

2019-04-21_Winchester-2.thumb.jpg.3eb69cd68eac30072a50bfd20e53458c.jpg

2019-04-21_Winchester-3.thumb.jpg.52f71322b1a3940613208e2d7a845845.jpg

2019-04-21_Winchester-4.thumb.jpg.9320aebca25fa81ad12aca6687d97ce0.jpg

2019-04-21_Winchester-5.thumb.jpg.cea164a5d98697701108e37363765374.jpg

• Like 15

Nowhere close to finish line, but I am slowly getting closer to the point where I want to be with this house. Today my sisters dropped in to help me measure the pool and decide on such important questions as "Hedge here or nah?" and "Red roses or white?" 😄

Snapshot_021.png

Snapshot_022.png

Snapshot_023.png

Edited by marinathewitch
  • Like 16

Just a note on my comment about the sign outside the fence  --- 

I was reading Inara's post about touring Bellisseria by plane and she commented on items not inside the parcels -- questioning a bit if they could stay or not. There were some comments on that thought  and I went back and reread the covenant. 

That sign isn't really against the rules, what the covenants says is that your item COULD be returned to you -- not that that it WILL. 

*Objects that extend outside of your parcel can be returned without warning or notice. 

So even if that sign WERE on LL property it most likely wouldn't be returned. 

I do agree that there are some really ugly "fences" here and there that do not appear to be in theme - LOL.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Just a note on my comment about the sign outside the fence  --- 

I was reading Inara's post about touring Bellisseria by plane and she commented on items not inside the parcels -- questioning a bit if they could stay or not. There were some comments on that thought  and I went back and reread the covenant. 

That sign isn't really against the rules, what the covenants says is that your item COULD be returned to you -- not that that it WILL. 

*Objects that extend outside of your parcel can be returned without warning or notice. 

So even if that sign WERE on LL property it most likely wouldn't be returned. 

I do agree that there are some really ugly "fences" here and there that do not appear to be in theme - LOL.  

And as I understand it, ugly fences can be removed even if they are inside the border. I doubt LL will go looking for it, unless it is submitted a ticket about it?

Things  that are ok in my opinion is trees where the trunk is in the property, and some of the foliage poking out. Same with flower patches. Unless the area they poke into is thy neighbor, who will not like to have it blocking his hot tub buttons.

Keeping it in theme and don't overdo the things, is the key word.

• Like 2

I am so into decoring houses and omg this project been one of my favorite ones! I really really love linden lab houses and the community, I have nice neighbors, very interesting meetings with other residents and been a lot fun to live there :D If you see me exploring around feel free to say hi! 

Here is some bits of my house: 
LindenHomeApril19.thumb.png.22bac8b5fcdcfb071fcb70974dfc99a2.png

LindenHome2April19.thumb.png.68e983767aa0ff01ad5dc8f7210d3066.png

and me hiking with heels 😂 If someone wanna go check these hills before there is new houses, sim is SSPE44
k.png.27ae58ec44044598e016a9f9a02d88a8.png

• Like 19

24 minutes ago, Miiane said:

I am so into decoring houses and omg this project been one of my favorite ones! I really really love linden lab houses and the community, I have nice neighbors, very interesting meetings with other residents and been a lot fun to live there :D If you see me exploring around feel free to say hi! 

Here is some bits of my house: 
LindenHomeApril19.thumb.png.22bac8b5fcdcfb071fcb70974dfc99a2.png

LindenHome2April19.thumb.png.68e983767aa0ff01ad5dc8f7210d3066.png

and me hiking with heels 😂 If someone wanna go check these hills before there is new houses, sim is SSPE44

I love the curtains in the bedroom photo, and the sofa. Mind telling where they are from? Or do you have a Flickr with credits? I think it's ok to post links, those who want to click on it and see can then do it.

If I'm wrong, some will come and tell, lol. But there is posting of links to credits in Show Your Style - threads, it is no difference posting credits to interiors.

• Like 3