What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

I was told in the early days of the internet that there was no girls on it. It was just one big hairy guy in front of bazillions of monitors!

I was thinking of that too! 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

My nephew who lives in that area [Los Gatos] works there. He took me on a 50¢ tour of the place when they moved into Netflix's original facility eons ago. I Remember some of the rooms still had little signs next to them with their old logo. At the time they were doing City of Heros and were still independent --- not bought up by another company yet.

His best friend worked there too, but was hired by some company up in San Francisco on Linden Avenue.... 🤔

I *love* Los Gatos. I used to live very near there, fell in love with coffee at the Los Gatos Coffee Roasting Company, shopped Bare Minerals before it went national, etc. It dawned on me that proclaiming my love of Los Gatos, while true, is also kinda hilarious when in the guise of this avatar. :)

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

I *love* Los Gatos. I used to live very near there, fell in love with coffee at the Los Gatos Coffee Roasting Company, shopped Bare Minerals before it went national, etc. It dawned on me that proclaiming my love of Los Gatos, while true, is also kinda hilarious when in the guise of this avatar. :)

The Cats is a pretty area. Used to go there when we lived in the Bay Area before returning up north (Sask). I still have a beef with the nephews best friend --- he's the one who also used to come to our former night club and told me about a certain virtual world! 🤣

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Human peeve: I don't know what y'all are using or what my computer is lacking but on so many of the posts all I see are boxes. This isn't just from Caerolle but from Kira and countless others.

image.png.ece05f432e6c7db2f553c6868e2e3383.png

Those are supposed to be this forum's smileys ("NO EMOJI"). The ones Caerolle did were little LOL-ones. Can't for the life of me understand why your browser wouldn't show those. :( 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Human peeve: I don't know what y'all are using or what my computer is lacking but on so many of the posts all I see are boxes. This isn't just from Caerolle but from Kira and countless others.

The one she used come from the Smiley set that LL gave us.  I think it depends on how your browser is set up.  Here is the newer batch of Smileys:

image.png.d5e68c7e44deea9728e5046f121a8373.png

When I'm at work, I see all of those as black & white images -- using Chrome.  This picture is from my home Chrome.  Whereas I see the older smilies -- the ones in the upper 'Recently Used' section -- the same on both work and home computers.   I have yet to figure out what is different about my work one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Gatogateau said:

usa flag.gif

Oh! I forgot about the US Empire of Iwo Jima,Puerto Rico, American Samoa and any island with bird sh*t on it. My bad!   🤣
(And how small was our Empire when Mr Webster came along with his "English language for dummies 101" book tucked under his arm eh? EH?!)  

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I think you meat Kira.

Ohh...I....umm, well if you insist Jewell!  😈

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Women tend to not like it when a man can't tell one from another.

Brain fart meh! 

32 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Your pages aren't loading fully. Try running cleanup and defrag. Check your connection. It's usually one or the other if not both.

• Like 1

Why would someone choose a cabin in the woods and cover the entire parcel with decking?  Why pave paradise?  You're in the woods.  Go sit in the dirt.

Why would someone choose a houseboat and then cover the parcel with fake land?  Just get a spot on land and save yourself the trouble.

Why do people put lag inducing, breeding farm animals on tiny parcels in suburbia like they have a farm?  Geez, put them in the sky somewhere.

That huge boat you rooted on your parcel then placed in the water far outside your parcel boundaries as a decoration is not convincing because the water is a very small pond that's not much bigger than a mudpuddle and your sails block everyone's views.

Okay, done bitching now

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Why would someone choose a houseboat and then cover the parcel with fake land?  Just get a spot on land and save yourself the trouble.

I've seen that and it's tacky. My friend has a parcel on half land, half water. When she put her club there she simply put a deck in front on the water and some boats.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

I blame Los Gatos for having to leave Santa Cruz.  My ex got a job there and hated driving over the hill so he talked me into moving to Cupertino. no more random ocean views whenever we left the house :( and the air quality sucked. And it cost a million dollars to buy a shack there. So although Los Gatos itself was one of the nicer towns on that side of the hill,, my memories of it are bittersweet.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Why would someone choose a cabin in the woods and cover the entire parcel with decking?  Why pave paradise?  You're in the woods.  Go sit in the dirt.

Why do people put lag inducing, breeding farm animals on tiny parcels in suburbia like they have a farm?  Geez, put them in the sky somewhere.

That huge boat you rooted on your parcel then placed in the water far outside your parcel boundaries as a decoration is not convincing because the water is a very small pond that's not much bigger than a mudpuddle and your sails block everyone's views.

Okay, done bitching now

If you post that in the LH section, you'll get the "leave them alone, it's THEIR artistic vision!!!" crew wagging fingers at you! (But you probably knew that... )  😂

In a related incident, just a few minutes ago I saw a houseboat where the owner has covered all of the water with a dance floor, parked a VW bus on it, set up party lights, banners, flags, and a giant stage from where, I assume, a DJ will be doing stuff. If you looked really hard among all the clutter, you might notice there is a houseboat there, too. The sad thing was that it did not look temporary or just there for a single party event. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

58 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

I blame Los Gatos for having to leave Santa Cruz.  My ex got a job there and hated driving over the hill so he talked me into moving to Cupertino. no more random ocean views whenever we left the house :( and the air quality sucked. And it cost a million dollars to buy a shack there. So although Los Gatos itself was one of the nicer towns on that side of the hill,, my memories of it are bittersweet.

Santa Cruz to Cuper effing tino? Nooooooooooooooooooo. /me feels very sad for you

57 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

If you post that in the LH section, you'll get the "leave them alone, it's THEIR artistic vision!!!" crew wagging fingers at you! (But you probably knew that... )  😂

In a related incident, just a few minutes ago I saw a houseboat where the owner has covered all of the water with a dance floor, parked a VW bus on it, set up party lights, banners, flags, and a giant stage from where, I assume, a DJ will be doing stuff. If you looked really hard among all the clutter, you might notice there is a houseboat there, too. The sad thing was that it did not look temporary or just there for a single party event. 

I'd be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pis5ed if someone did that next to me. Devastated, too. And yeah, I've seen the HB surrounded by fake land and wtf?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The one she used come from the Smiley set that LL gave us.  I think it depends on how your browser is set up.  Here is the newer batch of Smileys:

image.png.d5e68c7e44deea9728e5046f121a8373.png

When I'm at work, I see all of those as black & white images -- using Chrome.  This picture is from my home Chrome.  Whereas I see the older smilies -- the ones in the upper 'Recently Used' section -- the same on both work and home computers.   I have yet to figure out what is different about my work one.

THIS is what is going on, at least in part. I see that as below, using Chrome as well.

image.png.da38a43df09866f4f6018d276ccb6d0f.png

I'm kinda, but not entirely, computer stupid. I'm running Windows 7 Pro, not 10. Would that make a difference?

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

THIS is what is going on, at least in part. I see that as below, using Chrome as well.

I'm kinda, but not entirely, computer stupid. I'm running Windows 7 Pro, not 10. Would that make a difference?

I'm using 7 Pro and the smileys look fine to me.  Then again I'm using Firefox.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Poor British Empire....

Ah, good song. Have you lot had any of those yet? I seem to recall he sang about losing his brother in one of your failed attempts at Empire building on that album? Damn shame about that war eh?

59 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

/me wonders how long it'll take for someone to be offended, OFFENDED I say!, over this bit of teasing. :/

...tick tock....tick tock....tick tock! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

Ah, good song. Have you lot had any of those yet? I seem to recall he sang about losing his brother in one of your failed attempts at Empire building on that album? Damn shame about that war eh?

Well, that got dark.

/me whups you upside the head

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gatogateau said:

It's a bit of a Catch-22 situation. Logically, it makes sense the greyed-out emoticons are not available for use; but if they were truly unavailable, your Browser couldn't even display them in the first place. (Put unnecessarily more complicatedly: if you can show what you can't show... you can show them.)

Since you're on Win 7, I would try and see if you can update Chrome; or may get an emoji extension pack or something (although that shouldn' be needed).

Sorry, I got nothing.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, BelindaN said:

The key word for me is "babe". There are others.

There are you go womens who wants to be mens as we say in Dinkie speak.  Just add the word "babe" into tons of sentences and you can really pass it off as a man.   You don't need any others.  

37 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

So, to be clear . . .

You're taunting the Americans because they haven't yet managed to screw over quite so much of the globe, with quite the same incompetent aplomb as was managed by your lot?

Give 'em time!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Dano Seale said:

O  
(And how small was our Empire when Mr Webster came along with his "English language for dummies 101" book tucked under his arm eh? EH?!)  

And this coming from a person who has a language that has the words read and read but one of them is pronounced "red".   Not to mention you have a town called Reading that if spoken is pronounced Redding.  How the heck am I supposed to know how to pronounce Reading if no one told me before hand?   We tried to make sense of your babble.  

Edited by FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.