What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ahhh, to the troll of the moment: No one in "that" thread said anything about hating Photoshopped images or the people who make them. At all. And it is perfectly fine to like raw screenshots. It is perfectly fine to like processed shots. They are two different things. Both can be done well. Both can be done poorly. Hey, I think that was even said on "that" thread. Nice try on the troll though.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Ahhh, to the troll of the moment: No one in "that" thread said anything about hating Photoshopped images or the people who make them. At all. And it is perfectly fine to like raw screenshots. It is perfectly fine to like processed shots. They are two different things. Both can be done well. Both can be done poorly. Hey, I think that was even said on "that" thread. Nice try on the troll though.

I wasn’t referring to you, but go off Karen. Don’t you have a manager to yell at? Smh, y’all really looking to finna start with people for no reason but call them trolls. Y’all trippin lmao

Edited by Ashlyn Voir
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

I wasn’t referring to you, but go off Karen. Don’t you have a manager to yell at? Smh, y’all really looking to finna start with people for no reason but call them trolls. Y’all trippin lmao

Sweetness, go back and read my comment. Or heck I'll snip it here. Note that I didn't say you were referring to me. At all. Just like there was no PS hate at all in that thread. I also didn't ID the troll of the moment... so... but be my guest in accepting the title.

20 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

y’all really looking to finna start with people for no reason but call them trolls. Y’all trippin lmao

I'm finding out it's not worth the struggle with the muggles myself.😉 they are beyond tripping...pipe in the hand kind😄

Edited by Sassy Kenin
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sassy Kenin said:

I'm finding out it's not worth the struggle with the muggles myself.😉 they are beyond tripping...pipe in the hand kind😄

Tell me about it. I guess certain people can be as passive aggressive as they want to be, but don’t like when it’s done to them. I don’t even have the energy to deal with that mess, the world is already screwed up lmao. I’ll just use the block button again psh

Edited by Ashlyn Voir
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

I wish people would stop having this weird hate towards people who Photoshop their SL photos. I mean, it’s not real photography. As someone who takes RL photography as well, it’s always better to have a raw photo or one with minimal editing. But, like, I dunno man that makes sense to me. But, SecondLife is just a game. It’s nice that you take raw photos but there’s no need to hate on people who don’t.  

Holy farkin' crap on a farkin' cracker. Are you back on this again??  Let it bloody well go already. Anyone who reads this forum knows you consider yourself to be the genius to end all geniuses in the photography category. Constantly whining about it does you no favours, and you end up looking like a spoiled child in need of a nap. Let it the fark go. JFC.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, CharlotteStargazer said:

Holy farkin' crap on a farkin' cracker. Are you back on this again??  Let it bloody well go already. Anyone who reads this forum knows you consider yourself to be the genius to end all geniuses in the photography category. Constantly whining about it does you no favours, and you end up looking like a spoiled child in need of a nap. Let it the fark go. JFC.

Huh? What are you talking about? I’m not the only person who takes edited photos or photos in general. It was a general statement about a simple pet peeve, I wasn’t just referring to myself or anyone. Y’all really finna pick a fight out of no where and make it seem like it’s me. What the...? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

Huh? What are you talking about? I’m not the only person who takes edited photos or photos in general. It was a general statement about a simple pet peeve, I wasn’t just referring to myself or anyone. Y’all really finna pick a fight out of no where and make it seem like it’s me. What the...? 

It's this below to get a 5 page battle to try to get others in trouble they feel insecure about.

Sock-Puppet-Home-Theater-DIY.jpg

Edited by Sassy Kenin
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sassy Kenin said:

It's this to get a 5 page battle to try to get others in trouble that crew does not like..

Sock-Puppet-Home-Theater-DIY.jpg

There could be better effort put into other things 😄😂 and aww those sock puppets are cute :3

• Like 1

Does anyone know if i block someone on the forums if they will still be able to find this thread? I've about had all I can take of a certain individual coming in here and stirring up sh*t just because they can.

Edited by IvyLarae
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 5/5/2020 at 2:19 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'd probably AR that gacha.   LL can tell from transaction logs and chat logs that you paid money and received nothing - though you would also need to IM or Notecard the gacha owner to confirm that 'no prize' is valid for that particular gacha.  If the gacha is designed that way, it would definitely fall into a gambling category in my opinion, which is definitely against the TOS.

I got my friend to AR that gacha's owner. She gave the info needed and it falling into the gambling thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

Y’all really finna pick a fight out of no where

Ok, I thought I was pretty fluent in 'Americanese' but this "finna" word is proving me wrong!  I admit that I'm over the age of 18 and may not be allowed to understand it but can someone help a fella out here?

8 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

aww those sock puppets are cute :3

Those are Sassy's parents ffs!...."sock puppets"! 🙄

7 hours ago, IvyLarae said:

Does anyone know if i block someone on the forums if they will still be able to find this thread? I've about had all I can take of a certain individual coming in here and stirring up sh*t just because they can.

Nope! It just stops you seeing the idio.....person's posts.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, IvyLarae said:

When you block someone here in the forums, it simply lets you ignore their posts, private messages, etc.... ---- though you will still see whatever they post if someone quotes them.

It does not impact anything that the other person can do here or what threads they can find, read, or post in.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dano Seale said:

Ok, I thought I was pretty fluent in 'Americanese' but this "finna" word is proving me wrong!  I admit that I'm over the age of 18 and may not be allowed to understand it but can someone help a fella out here?

I looked it up. Apparently it's an abbreviation of "fixing to", as in "intending to" or "going to". "Y’all really finna pick a fight out of no where" roughly translates to, "You people are trying to cause trouble for no reason."

Now I'm off to have a cup of char. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Why should your blocking list change someone else's abilities to navigate the forums? Or what exactly do you mean?

On social media platforms like Facebook for example, if you block someone,they literally cant find anything you do unless you get on another account 

I was wondering if I, the creator of the thread blocked this person if they would still be able to find it, which a few have now told me wouldn't work.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, IvyLarae said:

On social media platforms like Facebook for example, if you block someone,they literally cant find anything you do unless you get on another account 

Such behaviour wouldn't make a point in any forum software, so you mostly also come across the term "ignore" instead of "block".

On your social network, you block someone so they won't see you anymore. In a forum, you ignore someone to control the content you see.

You will probably also see threads started by an ignored poster, but you should only see the standard placeholder instead of the actual first post.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

You will probably also see threads started by an ignored poster, but you should only see the standard placeholder instead of the actual first post.

You will see the post or a good bit of it if you mouse-over the topic title in the list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dano Seale said:

Sorry Dano, I'm a murican as @Seicher Rae likes to say, but I had no clue what this finna word means. Urban Dic says finna means "fixing to" or "gonna" oh, never mind, @Amina Sopwith already 'splained it. 

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2FliIMn-u6laM%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1
Edited by kali Wylder
typo's and picture of me blushing
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Have to say, I'm not aware of a British equivalent for "ass backwards". Best I can think of is "topsy turvy" which is dated and doesn't quite hit the same note. It's a brilliant phrase and I'm happy to adopt it. You have to pronounce it "ass" rather than "arse" otherwise it doesn't work. 

2 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Have to say, I'm not aware of a British equivalent for "ass backwards". Best I can think of is "topsy turvy" which is dated and doesn't quite hit the same note. It's a brilliant phrase and I'm happy to adopt it. You have to pronounce it "ass" rather than "arse" otherwise it doesn't work. 

Arse over tea kettle? Yeah, no. Not quite ass backwards...  We always say it bass ackwards.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.