What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

@IvyLarae Good, honest post. But I'm not sure LL will appreciate posting the personal IM's and such. (Hence I didn't quote it). Your call. You're standing up for something, though, and that's a good thing. ❤️

P.S. In general, about not being liked, when someone feels everyone is against them... why, reminds me of that joke:

A man is driving down the highway, turns on his radio, and hears a bulletin about someone going the wrong way on the very same road he's on. So, he turns down his window, looks outside, and says: "Hmm, I think it's more than just one." 😜

Okay, I probably told it wrong, LOL, but the morale of the story is, when it feels like everyone is on a collision course with you, then maybe consider that it's really YOU who's going the wrong way.

Edited by kiramanell
Will I ever make a post without typos?!
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I looked it up. Apparently it's an abbreviation of "fixing to", as in "intending to" or "going to". "Y’all really finna pick a fight out of no where" roughly translates to, "You people are trying to cause trouble for no reason."

Now I'm off to have a cup of char. 

You're a godsend Amina thanks! Seems it's "a black thing" so kinda figures.

Edit: Btw....it's always been "arse upwards" for us in Manchester, never said "backwards". That was always "arse about face" meaning "turn around", from the military 'drill' shout "Abarrrrttttt.......FACE!" (just to confuse things further lol).

Edited by Dano Seale
Forgot to add..
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

@IvyLarae Good, honest post. But I'm not sure LL will appreciate posting the personal IM's and such. (Hence I didn't quote it). Your call. You're standing up for something, though, and that's a good thing. ❤️

P.S. In general, about not being liked, when someone feels everyone is against them... why, reminds me of that joke:

A man is driving down the highway, turns on his radio, and hears a bulletin about someone going the wrong way on the very same road he's on. So, he turns down his window, looks outside, and says: "Hmm, I think it's more than just one." 😜

Okay, I probably told it wrong, LOL, but the morale of the story is, when it feels like everyone is on a collision course with you, then maybe consider that it's really YOU who's going the wrong way.

I should be good since i only shared what i said and none of what she said

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Did you know that in India and many other parts of the world older people are respected....revered even.   So you have just paid a great compliment to Seicher...

I thought somethings she needed to defend herself over,  but when she says she is being targeted and discriminated agaisnt but then calls out people over Age & Race thats disappointing.  I want nothing to do with that.

• Haha 1

Oh no! Not the misquoting, or quoting things that never were said, or the stealth edits! Oh the horror. But nothing, nothing compares with the sarcasm laughing face response! It is too much. Too much! (Except thank you for the all important reputation point for giving me a 😄 ) smh   I sure wish everyone would stop lying about blocking the entire forum, or half of us, or 8.6 of us. Oh well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

You really need to get up to speed on your memes, Kali. :)

Knowyourmeme.com is a great place btw: https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/karen

That's what I've learned today !

(All the people named Karen who I've ever met have been easy-going and charming. It didn't sound like an insult when I saw it used on the thread, just an over-familiarity.)

Edited by Marigold Devin
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

So people think boomers complain a lot?

the Boomer slang is slightly different.the best way i can think  to describe it would be

Boomer: back in my day people weren't so sensitive

Other person: back in your day bathrooms were segregated

Edited by IvyLarae
  • Like 1

#OKBoomer actually started out as a hilarious and fitting response to "old" folks who were being DISMISSIVE of younger people, especially millennials. However, things morph rapidly on the Internet. It changed from being a deserved response, akin to an eye roll, into a basic diss, with definite ageist bias.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

too stoned to type think coherently.... talk amongst yourselves, I am woefully ignorant about current popular culture.... come to think of it, I wasn't ever any good about any of popular culture  references since the early 60s.  But I do know some obscure details about some odd things.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Oh no! Not the misquoting, or quoting things that never were said, or the stealth edits! Oh the horror. But nothing, nothing compares with the sarcasm laughing face response! It is too much. Too much! (Except thank you for the all important reputation point for giving me a 😄 ) smh   I sure wish everyone would stop lying about blocking the entire forum, or half of us, or 8.6 of us. Oh well.

Or IM me, just to tell me they have me blocked, so couldn't read what I just posted. 😜 That one took the cake!

However, to remain the Hateful Eight, it must inevitably follow that somewhere along the line ppl must become unbocked. Beth was right: the Hateful Nine just doesn't quite have the same impact. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

#OKBoomer actually started out as a hilarious and fitting response to "old" folks who were being DISMISSIVE of younger people, especially millennials. However, things morph rapidly on the Internet. It changed from being a deserved response, akin to an eye roll, into a basic diss, with definite ageist bias.

This ^^.  So now, anytime I see/hear someone say 'OK Boomer', they immediately go on my list of folks that I have very little respect for.  Anyone using the Karen diss is also on that list.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Or IM me, just to tell me they have me blocked, so couldn't read what I just posted. 😜 That one took the cake!

However, to remain the Hateful Eight, it must inevitably follow that somewhere along the line ppl must become unbocked. Beth was right: the Hateful Nine just doesn't quite have the same impact. 😄

😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀 being trolls and calling others trolls is hilarious.

Edited by Sassy Kenin

<<

44 minutes ago, IvyLarae said:

used to LOVE the #okboomer memes,because as a millennial,i had heard it all so it was nice to see it thrown back at them in a way,but now its got more venom to it which sucks

27 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

me too, mostly

I've never actually seen the OK Boomer memes.  I only know they exist because people say it all the time.... (hangs head in shame)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

<<

I've never actually seen the OK Boomer memes.  I only know they exist because people say it all the time.... (hangs head in shame)

Awww lol its okay, I don't really keep with meme's that much anymore, unless its baby yoda or the dining room cat one where the woman across it is yelling at him and the cat looks unfazed xD

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.