What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

39 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

It's customers like that who make me wonder sometimes why the hell I bother. I do it for nothing. I do it because I love helping people, and because I love the product. But people like that... yeah. They can bring me pretty low. I feel like s**t right now :(

I can relate. It's one of the reasons I don't go back to doing FS support. glomp.gif.08aaf06cba631bfb2d6f1049e3f81d92.gif

rodney.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emma Krokus said:

Thank you so much!

Mine has something tagged on after the store number... looking rather different to the above: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/80270?id=80270

I've no idea what it is! 

Just get rid of the extra stuff - the ? and everything after it.  

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Wait.... are you wanting actual Truth in Advertising? 

It seldom exists in the real world, why should they bother in SL?

There’s a difference between zhushing it up a little to make it look good and morphing the picture so much you can’t tell where the real photo and the actual skin starts though.

Edited by janetosilio
Quote weirdness
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

There’s a difference between zhushing it up a little to make it look good and morphing the picture so much you can’t tell where the real photo and the actual skin starts though.

I was being sarcastic.  Your want for skin ads to be more truthful is totally valid. One of my biggest issues is that way too many ads in SL no longer depict what something really looks like inworld.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

Like RL advertisements for mascara where they actually wearing false eyelashes?😉 and did they have to stop doing it? No they just have to disclose it now. That one particularly bugs me because I have always had anemic eyelashes as it is so I just gave up and started wearing some cute and comfortable silicone band lashes most of the time. Most skins have demos anyway and I would never buy a skin without the demo regardless of how the vendor looked. The only time I’ve really gotten steamed over something is when I get the demo, decide to buy the product, follow the style card because I want that particular vendor picture look and then it’s not reasonably accurate. One of the things the advertisements have made me start doing is upping my photography and settings game to make my own photos look better, and that set me on a path to actually start caring about learning more about photography, inworld and RL, so that was actually a positive outcome.

It’s absolutely a valid peeve, I’m just commenting.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

Most skins have demos anyway and I would never buy a skin without the demo regardless of how the vendor looked.

Yeah, but at an event that has hundreds of new skins, it is frustrating to grab tons of demos that ultimately look nothing like the ad and thus waste your time in trying each freakin one on.

• Like 2

[14:19] Second Life: The message sent to CATWA HEAD Friends is still being processed.
If the message does not appear in the next few minutes, it may have been dropped by the server.
[14:20] Second Life: The message sent to CATWA HEAD Friends is still being processed.
If the message does not appear in the next few minutes, it may have been dropped by the server.
[14:22] Second Life: The message sent to CATWA HEAD Friends is still being processed.
[14:23] Second Life: The message sent to CATWA HEAD Friends is still being processed.

I have asked time and time again for moderator messages to be prioritised, because it's infuriating when everyone else's messages - including those with incorrect information that I'm desperately trying to correct - go through, but mine don't. ARGH!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

[14:19] Second Life: The message sent to CATWA HEAD Friends is still being processed.
[14:20] Second Life: The message sent to CATWA HEAD Friends is still being processed.
[14:22] Second Life: The message sent to CATWA HEAD Friends is still being processed.
[14:23] Second Life: The message sent to CATWA HEAD Friends is still being processed.

I have asked time and time again for moderator messages to be prioritised, because it's infuriating when everyone else's messages - including those with incorrect information that I'm desperately trying to correct - go through, but mine don't. ARGH!

Here, take this and look at it every time something like this happens.

source.gif

Who doesn't love Andre the Giant!

• Haha 1

1) Stores that have a landing point set half a region away from the actual store, and you are forced to slug your way through their artfully "overgrown" garden or bleak dystopian landscape to actually get to their wares.  It's especially egregious when they have also disabled flying.  

2) Merchants who move their stores, but never update the LMs on Search, or MP, or in their profiles.  Is it really that hard?

3) Unkind behavior of any sort.  There simply is no need for any of that.

• Like 4

The only thing on your list that is a peeve of mine is the fancy fonts.  In addition to being an eye sore, they make searching for the person harder when I need to ban them.

Stupidity, willful ignorance, and arrogance are my main pet peeves, especially in combination.  Superficial things tend to not bother me.

And lima beans.  Definitely lima beans.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.