What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Beth was right: there really IS a Taylor Swift gif-moment for every occasion! ... And I intend to find them all. 😁

Pretty much true, as far as I can tell. And if there isn't a TS gif, there is a cat gif, which in this account I think I'm going to over use just to annoy people and get blocked by ALL the people! Even better, Tay Tay AND cats in one gif! For the win

TS rides cat unicorn.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I saw a flounced status but not any significant period between posts or changed to deflounced status.

Altogether an unsatisfying flounce .

• No very large ‘I’m leaving’ speech,
  • no filled out bûtt hurt form,
  • no ‘airing of the grievances’ (with or without bullet point formatting...and
  • no taking the inventory of others. 

4/10 Tay-tays equals a nope. 

BDB1551E-1679-4F9F-92FB-55E6551DCEA6.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Well, let's see...people complaining about the OP even when the OP's intention was okay (one thread going right now - not this one).  It's like getting worked up over nothing really because this current thread going (not this one) does seem harmless although maybe a bit too domineering of women.  It just makes me wonder why somebody doesn't just start a topic themselves they would like to talk about?   Topics.  I had a good one but forgot now and it was about SL.  We got to know each a little bit talking about our shared passion of SL wherein each of us made something uniquely ours.  But, my pet peeve is some of the complaining about thread topics when the OP seemed to have okay and harmless intentions but their head could just be in a different place and it seeming "macho" is upsetting some people maybe really over nothing when we don't have to be involved in any thread.  So are we upsetting ourselves needlessly since we don't have to be involved in a thread?   I'm not "peeved" about it...I'm more like upset because perhaps the upset that some are experiencing at times does not need to happen.  

You're not reading me, cuz apparently the Taylor Swift thing got me on your blocklist. Cool. But I cannot shake (off) this sense of irony reading your post here. I mean,  you can read nothing I said; and here I am, reading everything you said here, but not understanding a single word of it. 😍

Is it about thread titles? Macho behavior? You're upset because ppl are upset? Is it about topics in general? Like "I had a good one but forgot now and it was about SL." What?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Pretty much true, as far as I can tell. And if there isn't a TS gif, there is a cat gif, which in this account I think I'm going to over use just to annoy people and get blocked by ALL the people! Even better, Tay Tay AND cats in one gif! For the win

TS rides cat unicorn.gif

Awwww, that is a very cute image! 🥰 I have seen it before; and you'd think there are diminishing returns on enjoying Taylor Swift gifs, but nope. 😊

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 1

There are a few in no particular order...

1. People who are someone different between different sims
  2. People who are simply not good to their word or play "catch me if you can".
  3. People who go into a sim acting like they own it, then cry about their right to be there when they are banned from it and don't pay the bills.
  4. People who grief others in a blatant or subtle manner
  5. People who toy with other's hearts.
  6. People who bully others, or try to.
  7. People who don't seem to mind that you're married when they just want their cheap thrill.
  8. People who use alts to stalk others
  9. People who use their position to buy others in one way or another
  10. People who would rather dissolve a friendship when they are wrong, rather than make it right again.

I'll stop at 10, there's a lot of other answers.  😃

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dano Seale said:

@Silent Mistwalker - See it all now?
1st part was saying how Swedes pronounce "hello" as "hej", which has the same pronunciation as "hey". In other words, maybe your "high volume groups" contain some Swedes? It was just something that came to mind. Both have the same meaning and I was just curious why you'd have a peeve with people saying "hello" to groups?

2nd part - Was just thanking God for someone trying to make getting Taylor Swift gif's hard! (seems he didn't make it hard enough, so I'm 'Agnostic' again!)
Wasn't sure what your "Umm...what?" response was about, Is all. 

What part of "I did NOT make that post" did you not understand?

THIS was my post.

22 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

OH good. For a moment there I thought you were going to list doodling on the chat room walls. *goes back to doodling on the chat room walls*

Where do you even see the word hello in there? or the phrase "high volume groups"? YOU DON'T.

Now do you get me?

23 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

You're not reading me, cuz apparently the Taylor Swift thing got me on your blocklist. Cool. But I cannot shake (off) this sense of irony reading your post here. I mean,  you can read nothing I said; and here I am, reading everything you said here, but not understanding a single word of it. 😍

Is it about thread titles? Macho behavior? You're upset because ppl are upset? Is it about topics in general? Like "I had a good one but forgot now and it was about SL." What?

To quote a sage from last night/another thread, "Ouch."

XD

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

For the record, I saw the sad face, but said 'Ouch!' was actually meant PRO you. :)

For the record... :)

That was an example of my multi-use 😞 face. To some, who shall remain nameless, it is identical to a scorn laugh but without giving the person any reputation points in case they are into that sort of thing (and they all seem to be).  That version is "I'm so fake sad you hate me."

Then there is the response to things like "ouch" which is more like a little sheepish grin and faux  sadness for having caused a teeny amount of trolling beautifully timed sarcasm.

Things like that. We have to make do with what we have. Especially when we're soooooo multi-faceted.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dano Seale said:

1st part was saying how Swedes pronounce "hello" as "hej", which has the same pronunciation as "hey". In other words, maybe your "high volume groups" contain some Swedes? It was just something that came to mind. Both have the same meaning and I was just curious why you'd have a peeve with people saying "hello" to groups?

Since I was the one who made the post I will clarify. First off, I didn't realize how hot tempers are running on the forums or I wouldn't have bothered.

Second, and more importantly, to me a peeve is simply something I find mildly annoying, not a moral judgment from on high. Saying "Hey" or other contentless greetings in busy (usually support or brand) groups, to me, is like saying "AFK" when nobody will notice or care that you are coming and going. I can't be the only one who has witnessed these stirring conversations in groups with tens of thousands of members

hey

hey

wyd

not much

cool

merely a PEEVE. a trifle.

carry on

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:
1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

To quote a sage from last night/another thread, "Ouch."

XD

OMGeeee Kiramanell, I miss reading your posts.  I cannot deal with those flashing GIFS though.  I was talking about needlessly being upset.  Should I be upset with my eyes?  I kind of need my eyes.  

Yeah, it really was hurting my eyes.  You have a right to express yourself as you would like though.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

Yes, I probably should let it go but, no. 

If the macho stuff is in reference to me I have news for her. I'm not male.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Now do you get me?

Yes! I went back to see wtf was going on. It seems Mistyrideout made the comment as part of a list of things, you then quoted her list in the next post. I was replying to one line of that list and unfortunately quoted it from YOUR post instead of HERS, so it had your name on the quote!  I apologise for all the confusion sorry!  😳

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1447 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.