What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

29 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Pet Peeve

But first a disclaimer: If anyone hasn't already figured it out, this is the alt account of Seicher Rae. I haven't been trying to hide it. Unfortunately this account has too few "points" to be able to modify the profile at all, like adding a sig line.

Peeve: What's with all the alts in the Forum in the last month? (serious, not being ironic) Umpteen thousand new accounts posting, old accounts that have never posted or have posted years ago, are suddenly flooding the place. I refuse to go on a public alt hunt (except well, I did, once, but still...) but you can't help but wonder. Some of the new accounts are simply new accounts. Some oldbies lurk and rarely post. But c'mon... It's a freakin' flood! It is kinda creepy.

Noted.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

I think that's another thread

Meh...I'm old. Sue me! 
While gif's can annoy me by constantly taking my eyes away from any text, I couldn't care less if every post has a Taylor Swift one or not. Just means I'm likely to scroll past without reading...which a lot of people would probably prefer!  😆😐

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

My pet peeve today is myself (and I'm sure I'm several other's pet peeve as well). As foul as these forums have been lately, and yes, I'm aware that I've contributed to it as well, I cannot stay away no matter how badly I want to. The forums have become such an intrinsic part of my day that actually logging into Second Life has become something I don't want to do. The forums have overtaken the actual platform the forums are here to support for me. 

I'm peeved at myself for being here right now instead of inworld enjoying Second Life. I've considered asking the mods to perma-ban me, but I also know I'd end up just logging in on an alt like everyone else does. I wish I'd never made my very first post here and never become a part of this side of SL, but I've also made some incredible friends because of it as well, and I wouldn't trade that for anything. 

I'm peeved at myself for how weak I am when it comes to these forums. It's especially hard to break the habit now when I'm forced to be at home so much of the time. 

I'm not me when I'm on these forums. Yes, this is a slice of me, but I'm a pie with a million slices and this is just one of them. 

Forums, I wish I could quit you.

So here's my peeve of the day:  People who flounce out of the Forums but don't.

And yes...that means I am peeved at myself, too.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

So here's my peeve of the day:  People who flounce out of the Forums but don't.

And yes...that means I am peeved at myself, too.

So you wants we should permaflounce? Where's the fun in that? Then you can't flounce again, and that's like a Law of the Internets.

And also, for some, the "flouncing" was rather, um... out of their control, shall we say?

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Pet Peeve: People.

I don't know if that's a 'pet peeve' though, that's more like 'the root of my sardonic, nihilistic view of the world we live in'. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I don't know if that's a 'pet peeve' though, that's more like 'the root of my sardonic, nihilistic view of the world we live in'. 

Add "existentially" in front of nihilistic and you've nailed it. ...  Not that it matters.

:)

1 minute ago, Gatogateau said:

Add "existentially" in front of nihilistic and you've nailed it. ...  Not that it matters.

Hah.

Well, I don't think of nihilism as the all-encompassing philosophy by which to live my life, it's rather a flavour that's often applicable to various things in life. Political nihilism, social nihilism, and such - but I don't like the sad and depressing kind of nihilists who thinks that self-destruction would be the best course of action; I intend on using what little time I have to enjoy myself as much as I can.

• Like 1

Well, let's see...people complaining about the OP even when the OP's intention was okay (one thread going right now - not this one).  It's like getting worked up over nothing really because this current thread going (not this one) does seem harmless although maybe a bit too domineering of women.  It just makes me wonder why somebody doesn't just start a topic themselves they would like to talk about?   Topics.  I had a good one but forgot now and it was about SL.  We got to know each a little bit talking about our shared passion of SL wherein each of us made something uniquely ours.  But, my pet peeve is some of the complaining about thread topics when the OP seemed to have okay and harmless intentions but their head could just be in a different place and it seeming "macho" is upsetting some people maybe really over nothing when we don't have to be involved in any thread.  So are we upsetting ourselves needlessly since we don't have to be involved in a thread?   I'm not "peeved" about it...I'm more like upset because perhaps the upset that some are experiencing at times does not need to happen.  

Edited by FairreLilette

1 hour ago, Gatogateau said:

Pet Peeve

But first a disclaimer: If anyone hasn't already figured it out, this is the alt account of Seicher Rae. I haven't been trying to hide it. Unfortunately this account has too few "points" to be able to modify the profile at all, like adding a sig line.

Peeve: What's with all the alts in the Forum in the last month? (serious, not being ironic) Umpteen thousand new accounts posting, old accounts that have never posted or have posted years ago, are suddenly flooding the place. I refuse to go on a public alt hunt (except well, I did, once, but still...) but you can't help but wonder. Some of the new accounts are simply new accounts. Some oldbies lurk and rarely post. But c'mon... It's a freakin' flood! It is kinda creepy.

When I make a new account, it’s not going to be disclosed but I’m not going to carry over any old account biz on it either. I think that’s the creepy part. But I also think the alt hunting is creepy unless someone is using an alt to bug, harass or otherwise get around your ‘nope the first time’ limit. I’ve seen that actually work a grand total of once only and the alt was made because the person really did learn a hard life lesson and made a big (and lasting) change. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gatogateau said:

Strangely, I'm gonna quote someone I wouldn't normally, but this is especially true lately and purrfectly said while a cat...

Pet Peeve: People.

Gawd, even with insomnia you're adorable. Lookit that face! 🥰

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

But if people don’t flounce and then lurk (which is what actually happens), we can’t laugh at them for it, chide endlessly them when they inevitably return (which they often do) and that just rains on my parade. 

BAE8B599-8ABD-4F0C-B5B1-D63A1A3378F3.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1414 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.