What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm not usually one to make relativistic remarks like "Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who." 🥰 So, seriously, trolls are one thing, but my gut tells me the Lindens are also getting progressively annoyed with essentially endless streams of one-liner non-sense posts. It clutters, thus derails, thus runs the risk of this thread getting locked too. And if that happens, there's not enough volt in the world to electroshock me back into coherency! So, can we avoid another lockdown, please?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

They aren’t random, they are replies, reactions, a form of commentary too. But I do actually enjoy and occasionally indulge in posting in random photo threads too, just saying...

9F8C36FC-19AF-41B2-8AFD-FF13AB0B1D42.gif

Edited by Fauve Aeon
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, TDD123 said:

Peeve : ... Never good enough for some .. twice

aquaman-1-2000x1333-1540205008.jpg.6845f0033937f6dfa83da80a73a79298.jpg

You' re welcome. Again.

I’m definitely not peeved. Best morning photo! 

peeve: my compost pile isn’t heating. Whyyyy? I have a great ratio, the weather is right, it’s nice and moist, not too wet or dry...

Why!?!

5 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

300 songs about guys leaving her and not a single one about bj's!......Anyone else notice a pattern here?  🧐

Actually, no. On both counts. And why don't male artists get the same grief for writing bazillions of songs about how b!tches done did them wrong? And her last two albums have had quite a bit of sexual content. It might not be explicit, but it's there. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Actually, no. On both counts. And why don't male artists get the same grief for writing bazillions of songs about how b!tches done did them wrong? And her last two albums have had quite a bit of sexual content. It might not be explicit, but it's there. 

Can you even imagine the response if a female artist consistently churned out lyrics like those of The Weeknd?!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Do you really want me to get into the misogyny in music? Because there will be pages and pages and pages of it. 

Oh please do. XD. I am totally joking btw.

I think my biggest pet peeve on this topic of men and women and stuff. Can't say the other word, I will get bleeped out. Lol. Is how and I may have said this before. But I say a lot, so I forget. Lol. Is how people in the LGBTQ community over sexualize themselves. And are oversexualized. I feel like the black sheep, as I am not that way and am not hypersexual.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Do you really want me to get into the misogyny in music? Because there will be pages and pages and pages of it. 

Your choice as always Beth. However, that's not something that gives me a chuckle, unlike the standing joke about Taylor that was doing the rounds a while back. Tbh, don't think I've ever heard a Taylor Swift song, and most music died in the mid-90's as far as I'm concerned.....from BOTH sexes!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Ashlyn Voir said:

I shouldn’t have to prove anything because that very proof can be seen a few pages back on this very thread dating back to May 7 if you want an exact time frame.

This thread is pretty active. Just in the last 24 hours theirs been 10 new pages alone so it's impossible to keep up with it all, hence I asked you to quote it.

If it's not so tiring for you could you atleast tell me what page it occurred on?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

and most music died in the mid-90's as far as I'm concerned.....from BOTH sexes!

I've never actually done a search and I'm not sure just how I'd do it, but I suspect I could find music to love from every decade since the first sheet music was printed in 1473. That's nearly 55 decades of things to enjoy.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, VaelFaye said:

Personal pet peeve: Having packages (Particularly expensive chairs) dropped on my lawn and no one knocks or rings the doorbell. Gosh! 🤯

That’s happening here more too, I’m really watching the tracking more closely. OTOH one delivery guy scared the pie out of me because he hollered Really loudly from the street after he left the package. 🥺

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I've never actually done a search and I'm not sure just how I'd do it, but I suspect I could find music to love from every decade since the first sheet music was printed in 1473. That's nearly 55 decades of things to enjoy.

Same! And it made me interested to do a little search...

“Hurrian Hymn No. 6” is considered the world’s earliest melody, but the oldest musical composition to have survived in its entirety is a first century A.D. Greek tune known as the “Seikilos Epitaph.” The song was found engraved on an ancient marble column used to mark a woman’s gravesite in Turkey. “I am a tombstone, an image,” reads an inscription. “Seikilos placed me here as an everlasting sign of deathless remembrance.” The column also includes musical notation as well as a short set of lyrics that read: “While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.