What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My peeve is about "topics and attacks and being upset plus not making your own thread" (plus the post by the OP who begins a thread) makes some people of this forum upset; they don't like the topic and then ATTACK the topic and the OP and name call.  The topic itself of a particular thread I am speaking about did (in the OP) seem a bit domineering towards women plus a poster reacting to what was perceived as too "macho" in a post and she got really upset, and I thought then why read the thread and get all upset? I think sometimes we do make ourselves needlessly upset because I don't think the OP meant any harm in sounding too domineering towards women other than very slightly but nothing I'd get worked up about.   Sometimes a topic or OP isn't liked but other good things and discussions can come out of a thread.  

Edited by FairreLilette

3 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

Yes! I went back to see wtf was going on. It seems Mistyrideout made the comment as part of a list of things, you then quoted her list in the next post. I was replying to one line of that list and unfortunately quoted it from YOUR post instead of HERS, so it had your name on the quote!  I apologise for all the confusion sorry!  😳

Thank you. That's what I was trying to get you to see. Apology accepted.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Pet peeve: people repeating the same thing over and over in a thread. We saw it the first time, no need to bang on about it. 

Oh gawd, what did I do now?   :::shivers  uncontrollably and weeps::::

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Ponders whether to do an @Scylla Rhiadra-esque treatment, if he can find one of Seicher's shots.

I have no idea what that is, but unlike Beth, I hope it doesn't involve duct tape, since I'm all fuzzy now.

ETA: But the kitten is current on all of her shots. :)  <---because someone had to say it.

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

I have no idea what that is, but unlike Beth, I hope it doesn't involve duct tape, since I'm all fuzzy now.

ETA: But the kitten is current on all of her shots. :)  <---because someone had to say it.

Whispers-Not-Blank.png.6bb39957e2c4129f9

... ... Happy nightmares, @Scylla Rhiadra!

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, missyrideout said:

Since I was the one who made the post I will clarify. First off, I didn't realize how hot tempers are running on the forums or I wouldn't have bothered

Thanks for the clarification. It kicked my as* into gear to find out what was going wrong, the result being a complete brain f@rt by me! Apologies.
Now I can't work out if you thought my original reply to it was written in anger or as a "moral judgement form on high"?  It was neither if so? Just caught my eye in passing and was a mild observation, that's all.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

Thanks for the clarification. It kicked my as* into gear to find out what was going wrong, the result being a complete brain f@rt by me! Apologies.
Now I can't work out if you thought my original reply to it was written in anger or as a "moral judgement form on high"?  It was neither if so? Just caught my eye in passing and was a mild observation, that's all.  

Wasn't the two-legged version of me supposed to notify you on the QT when you were about to do brain f@rt stuff? (We can't say fart?) If so, I apologize for the neglection of my duties. It'll (probably maybe) never happen again (if I remember, or am there).

ETA: YAY. We can say fart.

fart fart fart fart

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Yay! only 300 stupid reputation points to go and I can change my profile and add a sig line.  :::hopes for a lot of scorn laughs to see me through to goal:::

What adds more reputation ponies to another person’s score - likes, laughs, or thank yous?

Edited by Beth Macbain
Nope, not fixing it.
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gatogateau said:

Wasn't the two-legged version of me supposed to notify you on the QT when you were about to do brain f@rt stuff?

That was our unofficial arrangement, yes. However, my brain farts (didn't know if that word was censored or not, now I do! lol) often transfer to my mouth or fingers at a speed previously unknown to mankind! So no apologies needed.

Had you down as being Scylla's alt up to your confession anyhow, so just would have confused me more had you reacted! ( Your name has a French ring to it, probably because the last part IS French! Canada has a lot of Frenchie's, so = Scylla. I shouldn't play that game I guess?  😆

45 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Pet peeve: people repeating the same thing over and over in a thread. We saw it the first time, no need to bang on about it. 

You mean like....Taylor Swift gif's, yes?   😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

I think that's another thread, for the staying on topic. :)  And you can  join a lil Fairre in proclaiming that IT IS JUST TOO MUCH TAYLOR SWIFT and 400 pages of why she can't scroll and has to block everyone to protect her delicate constitution. I believe she's getting the "vapors". Are you?  :::pushes slightly pee stained fainting couch in your general direction:::

meow

Do you like talking about me and others as though you know us?  

It's a fair question.  

Shall I start speaking about Gatogateau in my posts?

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

What adds more reputation ponies to another person’s score - likes, laughs, or thank yous?

You guys get ponies?

That's not fair!

Why do you guys always get the ponies? 

Why don't I ever get a pony?

Why?

Why?

I want a pony!

I want a pony!

bawl.gif.1aa3f0f20d53b0b929565cf27d199883.gif

LFB

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

You guys get ponies?

That's not fair!

Why do you guys always get the ponies? 

Why don't I ever get a pony?

Why?

Why?

I want a pony!

I want a pony!

bawl.gif.1aa3f0f20d53b0b929565cf27d199883.gif

LFB

image.jpeg.a6d4cd968cac04427355b1913fb7d33b.jpeg

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Gatogateau said:

Yay! only 300 stupid reputation points to go and I can change my profile and add a sig line.  :::hopes for a lot of scorn laughs to see me through to goal:::

I think it's 500 posts, not 500 reputation points, but you seem to be good on quickly ramping up your post count, as well. :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Oh! 500 POSTS? Well... eff. ::: looks, does the math, nods::: 

:::does the interlocking of fingers thing while  stretching arms out in front, and fingers crack:::  phhht

I can crank that out in a couple of hours, only limited by that stupid throttle they put on "you have to wait 47 seconds before replying, you can't post too close together" thing they have. pppth

"Let's get ready to RUMBLE!"

:::raise your hand if you think I'm kidding!  assesses audience & nods:::

:::raise your hand if you think I'm serious!   assesses audience, chortles & nods:::

BWahahahahaha

TS cats are so cute.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

You get one point for each of those and no points for Sad or Confused.

While a Laugh is worth as much as a Like or a Thank You, it can be much more fun -- especially if it is not obvious whether or not the post was funny.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.