What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 12/13/2018 at 2:07 AM, IvyLarae said:

This came up in a discussion in a group so I thought this could make for an interesting topic. What are some of y'alls pet peeves when it comes to SL? It can be anything from empty sims, to people wearing bling, anything!

Here are some of my top ones

-Empty Profiles ( how hard is it to just put SOMETHING in there???)

-Unreadable fancy fonts ( What is the point of that?! Half the time if I can't read it, then I'm gonna call you by your log in lol)

- When your body parts don't match ( Like c'mon!!! Body appliers don't cost that much just...MAKE IT ALL MATCH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!)

- Flexi prims ( I don't mind mild flex on a mesh hair because it ads depth, but seeing it ribbon through your body is just O.o)

- Avi's without AO's ( The duck waddle is just....lord....Why doesn't Sl give some sort of AO starting off???)

- This one could also count for the AO one, but...unanimated Bento hands that are splayed out ( You look like someone left you hanging and you just aren't willing to give up till SOMEONE gives you a high-5 LOL)

- People wearing updo hairstyles without a hairbase ( I know, this is an odd one but its something that I'm really OCD about. A hairbase makes an updo look so much better because it adds a seamless look, without one it just makes it look like a hat to me)

Theres some of mine, what are some of yours??? Do we share any of the same ones? lol

I had to look at what pet peeve means hehehe

-Please don't discriminate flexis.  I still love my flexi curls that got from Analog Dog ❤️

-Unreadable fancy fonts: I'm with you.  I payed attention: usually low IQ women that have at least one of the things that annoys me (detailed below)

-I don't mind empty profiles.. even tho I like to read them... but what annoys me is the stupid excuses people put in "1st life" just to elude talking about it.  I have my fkng real life pic. 

-Avis without aos: Sometimes I'm without one because I don't want to spend in a expensive one.  I have a lot free ones but don't really prefer them...  Maybe Ao's would lag in a sim or maybe I'm focusing on my face, and don't need my avie to go around..

-Didn't saw anyone without a hairbase with an updo

What really annoys me:

• People that don't use use alphas.  I see a lot of naked people, usually women, doing that as it was a norm to be naked (I was at a club, and the host said that if the tips get to 2k, they will get naked................ they were already naked, (and if you are wearing mesh, with no alpha, anyone could derender your mesh clothes and see your naked ass for free).  Now we have BOM, use a textured thong at least.
  • Catwa ducky lips.
  • Fish mouth.
  • Invisible pony riders.
  • Deformed huge bodies: like Willendorf Venus, but always minuscule head and waist (usually huge gap between legs)
  • bubble gums: immature, and annoying sound.
  • respiration: annoying sound all over the sim too.
  • Animations with tongue out: stupidly immature and disgusting.
  • Seductive attitude almost like she's having an orgasm in the pic. 

I bet most people don't care about my points.. But, I think, I don't want to see prostitutes wherever i go and all over the marketplace.

I just derender people like that. 

(wow, 202 pages...! I hate that! Nah I'm kidding.. I bet a lot of us really are annoyed by each other somehow)

Edited by Elisaisabel Munro
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 12/13/2018 at 4:35 AM, Callum Meriman said:

To be fair, people who wear Belleza do see their hands posed properly. It's just that every one else sees them splayed out.

Maybe because Belleza has 1trillion polygons and never should have existed.  Not that Maitreya has few, but it's better.  I blame LL for not doing decent avatars in the first place.  Buy buy buy buy shop shop shop shop

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Elisaisabel Munro said:

Maybe because Belleza has 1trillion polygons and never should have existed.  Not that Maitreya has few, but it's better.  I blame LL for not doing decent avatars in the first place.  Buy buy buy buy shop shop shop shop

Just so you know, you replied to a post that is over a year old and the person who posted it left the forum months ago. Your reply will never be seen by Callum.

• Like 2

Just now, Selene Gregoire said:

I was just letting you know the person you responded to won't ever see it and won't ever respond. Excuse me for trying to be nice.

It's a public forum, people might find useful the info I just posted.  It might be directed to someone, but anyone can read it... find it interesting, search about it, find more info, and could take a decision base on that 😉

• Like 2

On 4/30/2020 at 9:55 AM, AyelaNewLife said:

System bodies are not better than the main brands of mesh bodies

Better looking, not better in performance.  That's not a progress, really.

Flexi hair and skirts are not better than the mesh equivalents

I agree with skirts, but not with hair.  Flexi can come trough the avie, but mesh hair can't move (and some of them have a gap between the boobs or alpha problems. 

Modern SL avatars look better than their older counterparts

Yes, but in busy sims I can't see them..  Again, not a progress. Thanx LL!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

So you wants we should permaflounce? Where's the fun in that? Then you can't flounce again, and that's like a Law of the Internets.

And also, for some, the "flouncing" was rather, um... out of their control, shall we say?

No, no, not at all.  But when one flounces out, one should be OUT.  Lurking only, no postie!  Until, of course, you flounce back in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/16/2020 at 7:45 PM, Emma Krokus said:

That is actually flaggable on MP - disallowed listing practices if memory serves right...

ETA: you already said that - reading comprehension zero.

FAIL!

I didn't know you could search out demos now.. and it's true that you can flag them!  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/listing_guidelines

...but it's a pharaonic work!! There are thousands of those mother f*kers..  Shouldn't a moderator do it? I'm not payed to waste that much time...

But in case i do it from time to time, in Detailed Reason, with a non item listing, don't know what to choose (advertisement, or information only listing)

2 hours ago, Gatogateau said:

Pet peeve: Yup, still holding steady with "People" today. yeesh

It just occured to me, what with you being a cat and all, that we humans have been grossly misappropriating the term 'pet peeve', as yours is the only true PET peeve. 😍 Thanks for pointing that out. :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Elisaisabel Munro said:

I didn't know you could search out demos now.. and it's true that you can flag them!  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/listing_guidelines

...but it's a pharaonic work!! There are thousands of those mother f*kers..  Shouldn't a moderator do it? I'm not payed to waste that much time...

But in case i do it from time to time, in Detailed Reason, with a non item listing, don't know what to choose (advertisement, or information only listing)

Select 'Spam or Disallowed Listing Practices' as the  Reason for Flag and then 'Demo not linked to Full Version' as the Detailed Reason

• Like 3

On 5/20/2020 at 11:45 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well, I'm going to disagree.   Mesh body w/ system head.

Da Vinci Gardens 2

20170711-Rezday Gift (pantsuit)

No post-processing on those pictures other than cropping.

I applaud avies that still have system head!  I'm one of those, and for what I read, we are mostly if not entirely, the older crowd, the before mesh avies (even before standard mesh). 

This is my avie.  The first one I made.  (picture not touched at all)

I just can't change her features.  And I won't pay a LOT to have sliders almost working, or not working at all (bento or not).

en club havoc_001.png

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Well meaning people who just will not leave me alone and let me relax and unwind until I get so tense I yell at them to leave me alone.

That's how an annoying person turned out to be a friend... 12 years from now... And his RL friend is my boyfriend 😁 (more than 10 years) so.. take a plunge! 

14 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Well meaning people who just will not leave me alone and let me relax and unwind until I get so tense I yell at them to leave me alone.

If anyone did this to me more than once or twice, I’d really question not only the dynamic between us but also their ‘well-meaning-ness’. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

There is no doubt in my mind that they mean well. I'm the introvert. They're all the family I have left. And since you aren't me... :P:D

🌺Sends over a fresh bucket of patience🌺

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.