What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

people who say "hey" to high volume goups for NO REASON

Maybe they're Swedes or such-like? "Hej" (same pronunciation) means "hello" In Swedish! 

3 hours ago, kiramanell said:

making it sheer impossible to link a cute Taylor Swift gif (and *just* the gif), without needing a degree in computer science to extract them.

There IS a God! 🙏

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

And Her name is Taylor Swift.

I don't wish to offend your religiousness, but .. No. 

source.gif

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, missyrideout said:
  • *shakes chat box* 
  • "I guess I killed the chat"
  • "interesting convo to log in to" 
  • all variations of the preceding bullet points ^ 
  • people who say "hey" to high volume goups for NO REASON
  • roleplay in group chats that aren't RP
  • people who can't grasp that multiple conversations are happening in a group chat
  • high volume conversations between two friends in group chats.
  • could this be an IM? ← I'm guilty of this one :'-(
  • Yes?
  • Totally!
  • omg shut up 

I swear this is every group chat ever. This is why the first thing I do when I join a group is to decline the group chat. The second is to hide the group, because I'm that kind of avatar. I think it is very useful that many groups show when members were last, or currently, online; I do not, however, want others to stalk check up on me out of deep concern for my well being.

7fe30d93a481ecd2771fdc83e2d63805.gif

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I don't wish to offend your religiousness, but .. No. 

source.gif

So, according to Orwar, if I wore a Taylor Swift avatar in Second Life, he would find that offensive on religious grounds? Isn't that one of Gopi's threads?

Purr Hug

Edited by Gatogateau
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:
4 hours ago, Dano Seale said:

Maybe they're Swedes or such-like? "Hej" (same pronunciation) means "hello" In Swedish! 

There IS a God! 🙏

Umm..... what? 😕

You missed a quote out, so I don't know which part you're confused about? 

Pet peeve: People who think that everyone should view things as they do. No. 

Everyone is not on the same part of the path as you, some not even the same path. Some are more wise and some need to still learn. 

I'll admit that I expect most people to rise above, because that's what I try to do. Oh, but a decade ago etc, I was entering too many battles that weren't even mine. 

Being wrong, falling in the gutter, making mistakes...they mold us for wisdom. Most people learn. Those who don't, well, treat them like you just walked in on two ugly people having sex...cringe and walk away slowly. Try to figure out how to bleach your brain of them and return to bliss.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, kiramanell said:

Major recent pet peeve:

Megalomaniac, megalithic companies that have apparently signed a monopoly deal with google to usurp any and all .gif files, and stick em behind an ad-wall for their own webhosting services, making it sheer impossible to link a cute Taylor Swift gif (and *just* the gif), without needing a degree in computer science to extract them. Grrrr.

955ECD07-7600-49E0-A09B-4C351A957E93.gif

• Like 2

Just now, Ashlyn Voir said:

Pet peeve: photos being removed for no reason, but other people still have their photos up even though they have nearly nothing on. 

The "nearly nothing" on isn't the problem.  It's a matter of which bits are covered and how they are covered and if the photo appears to have an 'adult content' feel to it.

Then, of course, even if a photo is showing bits that it shouldn't or has a very, very adult feel, if nobody every reports it, then LL likely won't see it.  

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Pet Peeve

But first a disclaimer: If anyone hasn't already figured it out, this is the alt account of Seicher Rae. I haven't been trying to hide it. Unfortunately this account has too few "points" to be able to modify the profile at all, like adding a sig line.

Peeve: What's with all the alts in the Forum in the last month? (serious, not being ironic) Umpteen thousand new accounts posting, old accounts that have never posted or have posted years ago, are suddenly flooding the place. I refuse to go on a public alt hunt (except well, I did, once, but still...) but you can't help but wonder. Some of the new accounts are simply new accounts. Some oldbies lurk and rarely post. But c'mon... It's a freakin' flood! It is kinda creepy.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Dano Seale said:
19 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

people who say "hey" to high volume goups for NO REASON

19 hours ago, kiramanell said:

making it sheer impossible to link a cute Taylor Swift gif (and *just* the gif), without needing a degree in computer science to extract them.

There IS a God! 🙏

@Silent Mistwalker - See it all now?
1st part was saying how Swedes pronounce "hello" as "hej", which has the same pronunciation as "hey". In other words, maybe your "high volume groups" contain some Swedes? It was just something that came to mind. Both have the same meaning and I was just curious why you'd have a peeve with people saying "hello" to groups?

2nd part - Was just thanking God for someone trying to make getting Taylor Swift gif's hard! (seems he didn't make it hard enough, so I'm 'Agnostic' again!)
Wasn't sure what your "Umm...what?" response was about, Is all. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

2nd part - Was just thanking God for someone trying to make getting Taylor Swift gif's hard!

You're really pis5ing me off now Dano. And you know what happens to your furniture when cats get pis5y...

giphy (6).gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

*staying on topic* - Sweet Jesus, Joseph and Mary! Why me God?  😔

I think that's another thread, for the staying on topic. :)  And you can  join a lil Fairre in proclaiming that IT IS JUST TOO MUCH TAYLOR SWIFT and 400 pages of why she can't scroll and has to block everyone to protect her delicate constitution. I believe she's getting the "vapors". Are you?  :::pushes slightly pee stained fainting couch in your general direction:::

meow

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

My pet peeve today is myself (and I'm sure I'm several other's pet peeve as well). As foul as these forums have been lately, and yes, I'm aware that I've contributed to it as well, I cannot stay away no matter how badly I want to. The forums have become such an intrinsic part of my day that actually logging into Second Life has become something I don't want to do. The forums have overtaken the actual platform the forums are here to support for me. 

I'm peeved at myself for being here right now instead of inworld enjoying Second Life. I've considered asking the mods to perma-ban me, but I also know I'd end up just logging in on an alt like everyone else does. I wish I'd never made my very first post here and never become a part of this side of SL, but I've also made some incredible friends because of it as well, and I wouldn't trade that for anything. 

I'm peeved at myself for how weak I am when it comes to these forums. It's especially hard to break the habit now when I'm forced to be at home so much of the time. 

I'm not me when I'm on these forums. Yes, this is a slice of me, but I'm a pie with a million slices and this is just one of them. 

Forums, I wish I could quit you.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

My pet peeve today is myself (and I'm sure I'm several other's pet peeve as well). As foul as these forums have been lately, and yes, I'm aware that I've contributed to it as well, I cannot stay away no matter how badly I want to. The forums have become such an intrinsic part of my day that actually logging into Second Life has become something I don't want to do. The forums have overtaken the actual platform the forums are here to support for me. 

I'm peeved at myself for being here right now instead of inworld enjoying Second Life. I've considered asking the mods to perma-ban me, but I also know I'd end up just logging in on an alt like everyone else does. I wish I'd never made my very first post here and never become a part of this side of SL, but I've also made some incredible friends because of it as well, and I wouldn't trade that for anything. 

I'm peeved at myself for how weak I am when it comes to these forums. It's especially hard to break the habit now when I'm forced to be at home so much of the time. 

I'm not me when I'm on these forums. Yes, this is a slice of me, but I'm a pie with a million slices and this is just one of them. 

Forums, I wish I could quit you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.