What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

17 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I tried to find recipes using this thing, and found this. It made me cackle. 

Sweet Sue Canned Whole Chicken

Link is safe from photos of canned chicken unless you purposely scroll through the slide show. 

THIS is like something from a David Lynch film.

Or Ridley Scott.

IMG_3055.jpg?fit=3504,2336

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

too far.gif

4 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Yebbit, it ain't that. Just look at that thing! Poor chicken gave its life for that! That chicken jelly, the slouching skin, the... blargh.  (Hot dogs and bologna aren't canned meat unless you're buying it wrong.)

Imagine the slurping noise when it's slide out and the splash noise when lands on the plate. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

And, "I'm going to go on a tour of all of the best, traditional foods ever, and I'm gonna start with the best of the lot, with England" said no foodie ever.

Also followed by, "I'm going to go try the most colorful, exotic food ever, and I'm gonna start in Scandinavia!" said no foodie ever.

Jeez! I spend a bit of time explaining my idea of "International rivalry" and the next minute she's insulting BOTH my Countries!  Normally this would mean all out war....but I've already noticed a few 'pantie twists' going on, so will try to refrain!  🙂

(Can't believe these b******* are still on food ffs! Gonna send them all my shopping bill tomorrow to be repaid in L$'s! )

Can't be arsed going back all those pages for quotes so:
Seicher - cut the spare hotdogs into slices, throw them into an omelette and top with cheese. Alternatively, cut them a bit thicker and use them in a casserole or stew. That's what I do anyhow, but them I'm a guy who lives alone and lazy AF in the kitchen! 

Selena - We pronounce it - "Wuss-ter-shuh"...makes things a lot easier! Also, half the "really strange stuff" we eat these days is American ffs! 

Can't remember who else to reply to now as there's too many pages, so going back to read the next 5 that probably got posted while writing this!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:
1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

I will see your fish balls and raise you one canned chicken.

df727618a4384d576e52ec7097e1e76b.jpg.160bc27344724a39f66abd75d2d6ef18.jpg

Sweet Sue should have never been allowed near a kitchen. Home style goodness?

And yes, my Kroger carries this atrocity.

I have sat quietly and politely through a discussion that has extolled the non-existent virtues of Marmite, and seen a mindless and tasteless attack upon the goodness that is mushrooms.

But this . . . this goes too far. I can be silent no longer.

What the actual hell?????

This is allowed????

Edit: Quote should be from Scylla Riadra. Dunno why it says Seicher!

Edited by Dano Seale
a correction
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

In defense of British food, bangers and mash is possibly the best thing the UK have given the world since Monty Python.

Oh, and Crunchies bars. And fish and chips. Oooh... and Smarties! The real ones, not the nasty American ones! Yorkshire Pudding! Shepherd's Pie! Scotch eggs! Crumpets! And I love mushy peas, too!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

In defense of British food, bangers and mash is possibly the best thing the UK have given the world since Monty Python.

Oh, and Crunchies bars. And fish and chips. Oooh... and Smarties! The real ones, not the nasty American ones! Yorkshire Pudding! Shepherd's Pie! Scotch eggs! Crumpets! And I love mushy peas, too!

Bangers and Mash is lovely, as in it's one English expression with a double meaning.  For the prudish readers (not naming ^^), refers to a clogged toilet too  (Banger is the richard the third, mash is the tp).  Pointless bit of info that'll never help you win a pub quiz.

• Haha 2

Introducing Sweden's greatest delicacy. Banned by airlines and used by third world militia's that can't afford proper land mines: (oops, sorry Lindal, already had this ready to go when you posted!  😆

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.