What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My Pet Peeve IS some foods.

Father was an abalone fisherman at one stage of his ever changing career and used to bring home eskies full of smelly wriggly yukky squidgey stuff.
(kids bouncing around) "whats for dinner dad! what did you catch?!" O m g! 😲 WHAT the FUDGE is THAT? Canned chicken or summit?
Result = I cannot eat seafood of any description. 🤮

Chicken - canned or otherwise.
Have you seen what they feed chickens? Sooooo disgusting.

BACK! I say GET BACK! 

Vamp2j621c.jpg

• Like 3

Legit peeve - People who are new to the forums, post an essay that should really be on a personal blog, then get themselves in a passive-aggressive snit because people dare to comment with something other than applause and adoration over their poorly-written, mostly nonsensical earth-shattering epistle on a topic that has been beaten to death by thousands of others before them.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Legit peeve - People who are new to the forums, post an essay that should really be on a personal blog, then get themselves in a passive-aggressive snit because people dare to comment with something other than applause and adoration over their poorly-written, mostly nonsensical earth-shattering epistle on a topic that has been beaten to death by thousands of others before them.

Sorry to laugh (not sarcastically) but the way you wrote this just cracked me up. And now I go looking for a nonsensical epistle to mock. ty

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

You guys keep talking about food instead of peeves... someone is gonna get pissy and get the thread closed. Most of us don't want that.

I really don't care tbh lol This thread has survived a LOT worse than food talk and frankly I'm all for it LOL

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Sorry to laugh (not sarcastically) but the way you wrote this just cracked me up. And now I go looking for a nonsensical epistle to mock. ty

Making Friends forum, thread Seeking:HIM, sling with an equally nonsensical thread that was some sort of follow up.

Enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think as long as we are peeved about the foods, we're safe.  The key thing here is peevishness, right?

I'm peeved that you all had so much fun while I was working my butt off at the evil job that pays my bills.

• Haha 3

Epistle 🤭 *lolliez
Pre internet meaning: A poem or other literary work in the form of a letter or series of letters. A book of the New Testament in the form of a letter from an Apostle.

Modern, internetty example:
Eg: "That post was so boring
🙄 I wouldn't even Epistle upon it".

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I actually reported both threads because it just sounded like it belonged on a blog and I couldn't figure out what it had to do with "Make Friends".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Maryanne Solo said:

Epistle 🤭 *lolliez
Pre internet meaning: A poem or other literary work in the form of a letter or series of letters. A book of the New Testament in the form of a letter from an Apostle.

Modern, internetty example:
Eg: "That post was so boring
🙄 I wouldn't even Epistle upon it".

Both are accurate. I looked at it much like the author was writing to us, the humble reader of such brilliance.

Also, someone indeed needs to epistle on it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Making Friends forum, thread Seeking:HIM, sling with an equally nonsensical thread that was some sort of follow up.

Enjoy.

/me daintily snort laughs. Thanks, Beth.

Oh. My. And I probably didn't need to respond there, pretty sure of it, but sometimes, ya know... I amuse myself too much. Sylvia was there. She was more succinct. :)

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Oh. My. And I probably didn't need to respond there, pretty sure of it, but sometimes, ya know... I amuse myself too much. Sylvia was there. She was more succinct. :)

“Stay well, stay safe!”

I need to change my signature to that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

and I was seduced and succumbed to the temptation to 'Splain to the OP that she was doing it wrong.  As if @Seicher Rae and @Beth Macbain and @Sylvia Tamalyn hadn't 'splained it enough already.

Oh and I'm peeved now, ya'll are bad influences on me. (just kidding and trying to be on topic).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Meanwhile, back in Bizarro Land, the 2-page comment I wrote to the Intellectual, is somehow unseen! I'm getting a complex. It is really hard to tell if it is a sincere person acting like a troll or just a troll that's acting like it has ingested too many strange shrooms, or... Well, it is late here, I need sleeeeeeeeeeeep, and you guys seem to have the entertainment well in hand. But... sincere? Troll? Whack job? Sincere trolling whack job?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

Sincere trolling whack job?

I think it’s a troll that doesn’t know they’re trolling because they’re an intellectual and intellectuals don’t troll.

And yes, it’s beddy-bye night-night time according to these two cataloafs that got their monthly KitNip box today and are so ‘nip-stoned they can’t move.
433CF5DD-F41E-4A52-BBFC-753E9C04B5A1.thumb.jpeg.39c16f0d9a3e3d9507674ab082e5aaf1.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Meanwhile, back in Bizarro Land, the 2-page comment I wrote to the Intellectual, is somehow unseen! I'm getting a complex. It is really hard to tell if it is a sincere person acting like a troll or just a troll that's acting like it has ingested too many strange shrooms, or... Well, it is late here, I need sleeeeeeeeeeeep, and you guys seem to have the entertainment well in hand. But... sincere? Troll? Whack job? Sincere trolling whack job?

you're not alone, I didn't get a reply either. 

ohmygod.gif

Edited by kali Wylder
just omg
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.