What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

The idea that it's okay to mush the vast range of culture or even just food available in the UK, or in Scandinavia, into one lump and yet get defensive about the variety on offer in the states... it's kinda laughable. This cuts both ways or not at all.

But we're all just joking around, so it's all gucci.

This. 

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Okay, so I'm gonna realtalk for a moment here.

Yes, the US is large (and not just the people!) and culturally diverse. So are a great many other places. The idea that it's okay to mush the vast range of culture or even just food available in the UK, or in Scandinavia, into one lump and yet get defensive about the variety on offer in the states... it's kinda laughable. This cuts both ways or not at all.

But we're all just joking around, so it's all gucci.

I hope we are all joking. ♥ I am. ♥  It is way too much work to iron knickers for everyone. And kinda gross...

cupcake-love.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

The USA is huge. There is no one "cuisine of the US"... heck we have as much, or more regionalisms as any place. There's the far from boring and bland Tex-Mex. There's the "I never met an ingredient that couldn't be fried" deep south, there's... stuff. :::hovers clicky finger over box to block Orwar:::

I don’t think he tasted American barbecue either....

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

... hits you with a piece of delicious fried chicken ... 

labradoodle-or-fried-chicken_sq-eb452372d63b9b3ea8350c2c970457e58cebd20f-s800-c85.jpg.aef9dc366bdf4ed91102ddbc8b5eb589.jpg

The puppy photos interspersed with the chicken is adorable! Hilarious! Well done! And a tad spooky! (And for the love of gawd, tell me the southerners aren't frying puppies now!)

• Haha 1

Just now, Janet Voxel said:

My father had a summer when he couldn't put enough of Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory & Brown Sugar Sauce on everything. It's not bad, but .. By day 14 you kind of start missing a good old mustard-pickled herring, you know.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

I left the Forum to do stuff in RL just then. However. I had to return because I have a real life, honest to god food peeve happening AS WE SPEAK.

Realizing you bought a 10-pack of hot dogs.

And an effing 8-pack of buns.

Efffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

AND and and, why are hotdog buns in New England all split vertically through the top instead of sideways through the middle AS GOD INTENDED?

And YES! This is my classy brunch! Don't judge.

You're just now noticing that packs of hot dogs and packages of hot dog buns don't match?  It's been that way since forever, and why it is so is one of the great Unanswered Questions.  You have to buy eight packs of 5 dogs and five packages of eight buns to come out even, and then you have to invite the whole Little League team over for a cookout.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

The puppy photos interspersed with the chicken is adorable! Hilarious! Well done! And a tad spooky! (And for the love of gawd, tell me the southerners aren't frying puppies now!)

You've heard of Hush Puppies, haven't you?

Bwahahahaha!

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Janet Voxel said:

Well THEMS fightin' words! If you think the war of chili was bad, and mama's biscuits... try defining American bbq! Kansas City? North Carolina? Texas?

FWIW, I haz travelled these great United States (lower 48) and probably have had ALL the bbqs, and frankly have never met one I didn't like.

Sooooooo... it looks like the Great Forum Food Peeve Kerfuffle of 2020™ continues!

/me grabs catcher's mitt to nab any particularly good eats that fly by (and that won't be any fish balls in their own juices, tyvm)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

It's been that way since forever, and why it is so is one of the great Unanswered Questions.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Orwar said:

WTF is on all those hot dogs? :::shudders::: No, no, don't tell me, I don't want to know! Wow that looks like a whole heap of peeves right there. I notice that the far right might have a weird New England bun. I'm a purist: beef hotdog that fits the good bun and a minimum of toppings, like just ketchup/catsup and mustard. Unless I was getting really high in Cincinnati and then it was as a chili (Cincinnati faux chili) cheese coney. The mountain of grated cheese is a requisite, not sure why.

image.png.52281bd04b563613295e2a87da6e901f.png

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You've heard of Hush Puppies, haven't you?

Bwahahahaha!

My father told me that's what those were, when we were on some family holiday and eating at a southern Howard Johnson's. Fried puppies. I don't think I've ever eaten one...

15 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

You're just now noticing that packs of hot dogs and packages of hot dog buns don't match? 

Nah, That's an oldie, for sure BUT some bun & hotdog purchases do align. Some manufacturers did listen. I, unfortunately forgot and ordered based on type and brand and didn't consider numbers as well. Life is sooooooo complicated.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

WTF is on all those hot dogs?

Well, it doesn't look like either gurkmajonäs (cucumber mayo) or räksallad (shrimp sallad) ... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1413 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.