What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Warm pineapple

That right there has hit upon it for me.  I flat out do not like pineapple warm.  I detest desserts with pineapple in them when served warm.  I eat my pineapple by itself or in a dish served cold.

11 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

a denim jacket over a fine evening gown

This can work, but it is very, very difficult to do it right.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That right there has hit upon it for me.  I flat out do not like pineapple warm.  I detest desserts with pineapple in them when served warm.  I eat my pineapple by itself or in a dish served cold.

It's nicer cold, you can taste more of it, but if it's, say, a pineapple upside-down cake warm from the oven or something like that, it's doable. Piping hot among melted mozzarella, tomato sauce, bread? That is just weird and a waste of lovely, juicy, exotic sweetness and tartness. And the juice! It's divine by itself but all over pizza? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Have you TRIED fork-stabbing someone in the Forum?  If you use your imagination, it is oddly satisfying.

Well, THAT way, sure! Who hasn't? :::smiles sweetly::: THAT way I often miss hitting just the leg... not saying I miss, just don't necessarily hit the leg.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

We have a local pizza place that makes all sorts of 'dessert pizzas', similar to what you describe.  I can understand those. 

I just don't get sweet pineapple mixed with my savory pizza toppings.  Sometimes sweet works with savory, but for me, pineapple on pizza just doesn't.  

To each, their own though.

I don't even like ham with pineapple rings on it, so why would I like that on a pizza?

image.png.ee90b20b645c4d156164ed82039a7546.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Well, THAT way, sure! Who hasn't? :::smiles sweetly::: THAT way I often miss hitting just the leg... not saying I miss, just don't necessarily hit the leg.

Iknowrite? You aim for the leg, and end up stabbing an eyeball. Go figure!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Iknowrite? You aim for the leg, and end up stabbing an eyeball. GO figure!

You miss hit in different places than I do. I'm not THAT far off!

And, fwiw, I am covered in tine dents all over myself, virtual ones. I know it. I bet they show up under black light.

• Like 1

I want it to be known, for the proverbial record, that Little Miss Derail™ here is posting ON TOPIC and not even LOOKING at pineapple posts, so I don't even know those are happening because if I did I'd not be able resist saying that pineapple is disgusting, although, oddly, I like the juice. The juice also has a weird use for preventing a specific bacterial growth in sourdough starter, too. I knows stuffs. But I can't type any of that because I'm oblivious. Just like folks who have other folks blocked and so can't see the blockee's posts. Because I'm on topic with SL peeves. I read about the topic just this morning.

flounce4.gif

Edited by Seicher Rae
N
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I can understand this. I feel the same way about pickles and lettuce on burgers. Unless they're ice cold and put on the burger just before eating it, it's freaking gross. Wilted warm lettuce is like Satan's toilet paper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Wilted warm lettuce is like Satan's toilet paper.

Wait ... Satan uses toilet paper?  Somehow I always imagined that he was grosser and nastier than that. This put a whole new face on hell. 

• Haha 5

54 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

I don't even like ham with pineapple rings on it, so why would I like that on a pizza?

image.png.ee90b20b645c4d156164ed82039a7546.png

Now you're makin me cry. That's one of my Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners specialties. Sugar cured ham... and I see they left out the whole cloves as well as over baked it. 

Of course the pineapple, cherries and cloves are removed prior to consumption and served as a side dish or refrigerated for a late night nutritious snack.

No, you don't eat the cloves unless you happen to like them. They're just for flavor and decoration.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

I feel the same way about pickles and lettuce on burgers. Unless they're ice cold and put on the burger just before eating it, it's freaking gross. Wilted warm lettuce is like Satan's toilet paper.

OMG yes.  

I don't know about that TP part, but it is definitely totally disgusting.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

uh huh. If you had never seen  a can of the canned chicken how did you know it existed? :P

My grocery store carries them and I've seen them on the shelf. It was appalling enough to stop me dead in my tracks and made a (terrible) lasting impression on me. 

There are people who buy those. On purpose. And presumably eat them!

I may be an awful human being, but I'm not that bad! 🤭

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Y'all probably like cole slaw. YUCK! :D

Depends on the cole slaw. Are we talking about the creamy kind, or the vinegary kind?

Okay, so I actually like both, yeah. I like cabbage pretty much any way you want to serve it up.

12 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Now you're makin me cry. That's one of my Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners specialties. Sugar cured ham... and I see they left out the whole cloves as well as over baked it. 

Sorry

Dogue Shop - Wolf Behaviour Photos

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Depends on the cole slaw. Are we talking about the creamy kind, or the vinegary kind?

The vinegary kind, preferably with caraway seeds.  I made some a couple of weeks ago when I had part of a cabbage left from making something else. Yummy.  Cole slaw with mayonnaise and carrots and goo in it, on the other hand, is .... not yummy.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.