What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Pet peeve: People who don't bother to read the OP in a 100+ page thread and still comment, often at great length, about things only tangentially on topic.

I just read page one today. Who knew? I got "peeve" right. :)

ETA: To bolster irony font.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Zzevir said:

The best Canadian food is with out doubt is Hawaiian pizza. 

Discuss. 

Pet peeve: The taste, texture, and the continual torture of innocent pineapple on pizza.  Now, put said pineapple on some nice vanilla ice cream, and we're talking. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Pineapple on pizza, wtf. A sweet exotic fruit on bread, cheese and tomato. Why not stick grapes or strawberries or WD40 on there, it makes about as much sense. The only time pineapple on pizza is acceptable is if you're pregnant, and that's because it is impossible for a pregnant or postnatal woman to be unreasonable about anything at all. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Pineapple on pizza, wtf. A sweet exotic fruit on bread, cheese and tomato. Why not stick grapes or strawberries or WD40 on there, it makes about as much sense. The only time pineapple on pizza is acceptable is if you're pregnant, and that's because it is impossible for a pregnant or postnatal woman to be unreasonable about anything at all. 

Somewhere out there...someone is putting strawberries on a pizza right now, I can feel it (strawberry season just started where I live).

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Syo Emerald said:

Somewhere out there...someone is putting strawberries on a pizza right now, I can feel it (strawberry season just started where I live).

Like my dear old mum used to say - " It all goes down, rests, then comes out of the same hole.....get it eaten!"  🙄

I'm tempted to make a bingo sheet for SL events.

Crop top. Waist-high jeans. Micro-kini. Micro-skirt. Generic cocktail dress. Corset. Yet another pack of basic eye colors. Butt-shorts (I don't know what you call them, but it's those shorts that are so short that your rump is entirely bare)

I don't know if I've been spoiled or if the inspiration really is at an all-time low for SL fashion.

Edited by Cinos Field
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Syo Emerald said:

Strawberry, basil, and balsamic.

pizza.jpg.0c7da30d452cc2d24ca6f1b6fb0e5d94.jpg

Pineapple on pizza is delicious and you're all wrong. 

Strawberry is pushing it, though.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cinos Field said:

Crop top. Waist-high jeans. Micro-kini. Micro-skirt. Generic cocktail dress. Corset. Yet another pack of basic eye colors. Butt-shorts (I don't know what you call them, but it's those shorts that are so short that your rump is entirely bare)

I don't know if I've been spoiled or if the inspiration really is at an all-time low for SL fashion.

Those shorts are called Daisy Dukes, or at least that's one name for them. And I agree, and hardly even look at clothing at events these days. I go to check out the furniture and decor. The rest of it is just the same old stuff being churned out, event after event.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Those shorts are called Daisy Dukes, or at least that's one name for them. And I agree, and hardly even look at clothing at events these days. I go to check out the furniture and decor. The rest of it is just the same old stuff being churned out, event after event.

Except that true Daisy Dukes only showed the lower part of you butt cheeks.  The things SL creators are calling Daisy Dukes are showing damn near the whole thing.

Then again, SL is great for extremes when it comes to any clothing style.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Except that true Daisy Dukes only showed the lower part of you butt cheeks.  The things SL creators are calling Daisy Dukes are showing damn near the whole thing.

I will bow to you as expert on Daisy Dukes. ;) 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Pineapple on pizza is delicious and you're all wrong. 

I'm actually neutral on the whole pineapple debate.

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

SL is also blessed with a lack of physics. You can dress way more revealing,when you know your clothes stay where they are.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cinos Field said:

That’s pretty much the drawback of shopping from events. You can’t get into them and when you do, you’re like...meh.

I disagree that SL fashion is at an all time low though. If only shopping events has become your only way of shopping, you’re in for a bad time. There’s a couple of groups on Flickr that have items by creators you never see at an event. Even if you’re going with mainstream creators, going to their in world store can open up a whole bunch of items you never knew existed, just because there are so many events, it’s hard to keep up with who’s doing what.

Events have become like mall shopping, a lot of forever 21 like fashions, but there are smaller stores that have nice boutique items.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, So Whimsy said:

I have however been ogling a new kind of pizza in store, one of which is apple cinammon. Basically cake toppings on a pizza bread base.

We have a local pizza place that makes all sorts of 'dessert pizzas', similar to what you describe.  I can understand those. 

I just don't get sweet pineapple mixed with my savory pizza toppings.  Sometimes sweet works with savory, but for me, pineapple on pizza just doesn't.  

To each, their own though.

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

We have a local pizza place that makes all sorts of 'dessert pizzas', similar to what you describe.  I can understand those. 

I just don't get sweet pineapple mixed with my savory pizza toppings.  Sometimes sweet works with savory, but for me, pineapple on pizza just doesn't.  

It tastes weird. Warm pineapple as part of a sweet cake or dessert, ok. Hot pineapple among a savoury pizza, tomato, vegetables, bread, cheese? It just tastes odd. It's incongruous. It doesn't go. It doesn't fit. It's like a denim jacket over a fine evening gown, a fish with a bicycle, a Gorean in a club for intelligent and sexy people. It's jarring. They don't belong together.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

A picture of canned chicken. I have never personally been in possession of a canned chicken. 

That's fair.  We're talking about pictures of pizza here.

Anyway, the picture of that chicken makes it look more likely that the chicken would possess YOU.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I agree with you. I tried it once and my brain was so confused. Like, is it supposed to be sweet or savory? Didn't finish the slice, it just wasn't for me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1406 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.