What are some of your pet peeves?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I really, really, really could not care less, have less effs to give, or have less rat's asses to give who blocks me. Not who. Not how. Not when. Not why. I assume that if someone close to me blocked me I would care, and that would be a different thing entirely. I've said this before. I've also said that I don't block people. That's my personal choice. I choose to not block because scrolling works, I'd rather know what idiots are saying, and I think the drama of announcing is silly and trolly and just makes everyone in the community uncomfortable, so it is also selfish. ymmv

ETA: In truth, I'm too self-absorbed to notice when people block me. I think I'm adorable, so I don't go looking for haters. And I'm oblivious from post to post who is liking what, when. It's a gift. :) 

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:
49 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yeah, I'm not really much of a biscuit person unless they are covered in sausage gravy.

At the very least there should be butter and jam oozing from the middle.

Two words.

Hide contents

blackberry preserves and real unsalted butter

My preference is strawberry jam or preserves, but blackberry will do in a pinch.  

And definitely unsalted butter - not salted, and not any of that margarine crap

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I thought you would see the humor in it. Sorry about that.

It's more or less funny to me in a kind of "can't help but watch" kind of way .... Like those "humorous" injury style, AFV videos.

At best.

At worst, it's the sort of humor I have to be rather careful about indulging in.

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

My preference is strawberry jam or preserves, but blackberry will do in a pinch.  

And definitely unsalted butter - not salted, and not any of that margarine crap

Jams are all pretty good--love apricot jam. I can't do anything with seeds in it though. Jellies are good. Lemon curd...yum. Hate marmalade! Peeves: Marmalade and seeds.

16 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Whole lot of patience... whoa! Have you ever read any of my posts? Patience. :::scoffs::: What kind of magic are you proposing?

Mm, certain things in life are just worth waiting for, you know. It may be black magic, but Satanism is all about indulging in decadence. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Solar Legion said:

It's more or less funny to me in a kind of "can't help but watch" kind of way .... Like those "humorous" injury style, AFV videos.

At best.

At worst, it's the sort of humor I have to be rather careful about indulging in.

Yup. That's how I meant it. In the "can't help but watch the trainwreck" kind of way because you never know how people are going to react. It's the ones that don't react that I don't put on ignore.

And before anyone gets the wrong idea, no I have never done this to anyone. Putting someone on ignore is a sign someone needs to stop pushing my buttons before things get really unpleasant.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

Here’s a peeve - orange marmalade.

Bitter orange marmalade on scones though . . .

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

No. Bitter is a bad thing. I don’t want my food to be bitter!

I’m bitter enough as it is!

I like bitter at times. Tart. Yeah... can be good.

Orange marmalade? The first time I had it I was a kid. Like you said, orange "jelly" should be delicious. I took a bite of it on yummy buttered toast and... made a face, spit it out, and cried. I still do that, or would if I ate it. Nasty stuff. I even like orange zest. But no. Marmalade they put the bitter peel in and not only does it taste awful, it has a gross texture. Verdict: Orange marmalade is an abomination and is at the height of a peeve list, at least a food peeve list. It is like the ultimate "psyche!" joke. 

ETA: There's a reason you don't eat an orange like an apple, folks! Concept... nasty nasty

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

I’m bitter enough as it is!

N'aw, I think you're quite sweet. Like candied orange peel! 

Bitter flavours are amazing though, coffee, chocolate, citrus, tea, liquorice, blackcurrants, brusselsprouts - so many good things in life are bitter! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Orwar said:

N'aw, I think you're quite sweet. Like candied orange peel! 

Bitter flavours are amazing though, coffee, chocolate, citrus, tea, liquorice, blackcurrants, brusselsprouts - so many good things in life are bitter! 

blush

I do love coffee and chocolate and Brussels sprouts are my very favorite of all the veggies.

Mushrooms can go right to hell, though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Here’s a peeve - orange marmalade. It should be delicious but they put bits of the orange peel in it and it ruins it.

But, but, but ... thst's what makes it marmelade!

14 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Absolutely!  Too much of the marmelade that we get in the USA is overly sweetened and is little more than orange jelly with little bits of peel floating around in it. A good marmalade has finely sliced peel and has been cooked down enough to be a warm brownish orange.  Tangy and delicious. It's great stuff on a scone or on toast.

17 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Like candied orange peel! 

Now you're talking. My mom used to make the best candied citrus peel ... oranges, grapefruits, lemons ... and surprise us with it when we were having a slow, blah day.  My son has learned how to make it well now, so he's raising his daughters properly. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Anyhow, back on topic....my latest peeve: Americans (and their allies) who take up 3 pages of a thread babbling about bloody food when it's 4am and all I have in is a small packet of dried noodles! Bollox, goin' to bed!  😡

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

5 hours ago, Vega Firelyte said:

Now now, no hating on the mushrooms.  They make the pizza taste great and my beef gravy loves them.

How spots the oxymoron.

Forum peeve when somebody post a job advertisement and the replay is something like this "ohh ye I'm interested doing this. YOU should look me up in world." Like no sweetie YOU want to work YOU should do  it. Imagine in rl doing this with a future employer. 

2 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

We need a new crusade.

Cool. Let's abolish Marmite and Brown Sauce right now !!  

ETA : And pickled eggs .. gross.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.