SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

I have noticed that the activity on both the SSP continent, as well as on Belliseria has subsided.
This makes me think that LL is really close to opening (part of) Belliseria to the public.

Although it makes me wonder what else they are currently working on. I know that there are other projects planned and that even if Belliseria gets opened, there's still a lot to do.
But what exactly could it be that they are working on behind the scenes right now?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

But what exactly could it be that they are working on behind the scenes right now?

I'm guessing that there is a lot of work being done on the web front end for Linden Homes to get the new properties all up and ready to be claimed during the coming land rush. It seems the regions with homes all have real names while the empty regions are still called SSPE-something.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 7:55 AM, Blush Bravin said:

I don't feel happy about the long, drawn out process. I don't think it's going to be a long, drawn out process. But I will happily admit that I am a half glass full kind of person so tend to look on the positive rather than the negative until I have overwhelming evidence that it's not going to be that way.

I had to smile when I came back to this page and saw your comment back to be about "long drawn out process". While I am very happy you are a glass half full kinda gal (and I am too really) I think it is important to note that this thread, now with over 1000 comments was STARTED in

AUGUST OF 2018.

That ain't speedy in my book LOL -- and we aren't there yet. But I do agree it SEEMS like it is getting closer :D.

50 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I had to smile when I came back to this page and saw your comment back to be about "long drawn out process". While I am very happy you are a glass half full kinda gal (and I am too really) I think it is important to note that this thread, now with over 1000 comments was STARTED in

AUGUST OF 2018.

That ain't speedy in my book LOL -- and we aren't there yet. But I do agree it SEEMS like it is getting closer :D.

My comment about it not being a long drawn out process wasn't in reference to the whole project but in how long it will take them to complete the continent after the initial phase release. Honestly, considering the size and scope of this project .. and the fact that SSP was discovered by a resident long before the lab intended our knowing about it back in August, I still don't think it's been a long drawn out process. I think we're just a bit impatient. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

I have noticed that the activity on both the SSP continent, as well as on Belliseria has subsided.
This makes me think that LL is really close to opening (part of) Belliseria to the public.

Yesterday (April 3, 2019) I saw nine green dots on the map in one Belliseria's region. All in the same spot on one street. And there was one more green dot further away in one other region.

And streets have appeared on SSP84 region. Map view April 4, 2019:
2019-04-04_SSP84.jpg.fb44c3eb688b9d392772c403b4a11911.jpg

Edited by Coby Foden
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

Based on the style and shape of the roadways, etc. - it is likely a different theme - maybe like the Fae theme in the current LL homes? (As in something different from what the preview home styles are).

• Like 1

On 3/29/2019 at 10:55 AM, Blush Bravin said:

I don't feel happy about the long, drawn out process. I don't think it's going to be a long, drawn out process. But I will happily admit that I am a half glass full kind of person so tend to look on the positive rather than the negative until I have overwhelming evidence that it's not going to be that way.

This is a big project, so it'll take some time for sure, especially give that it will be tied to new premium account levels. Beyond the time factor, my biggest hope is that it will be completed as some older continents have been left with unfinished edges for over a decade due to changed priorities or whatnot.

On 3/8/2019 at 3:43 PM, Lukas Thetan said:

I'm not sure when this is going to open to the public, but I'm guessing it is at the halfway point ...

I stand by my guestimate of another 5 or 6 months before it is completely finished. But given the Honey Boo-Fae area taking shape on SSP84, there may be more surprises in store both with content and timing!

• Like 1

I actually think that since in this March 15th blog post Patch has said that opening the new continent was just weeks away, we will be looking at a partial opening of the new continent, with the remaining SSPEXXX regions to be updated when they get ready on the SSP continent, thus allowing those that are eager to move into a suburban home or houseboat to do exactly that. And I think that - like others have suggested - this may happen immediately or shortly after the Home and Garden event closes.

BTW, if I were LL, (and if I were indeed planning to open the continent to tenants after the H&G event) I would put a few days between the end of the event and "releasing" the new homes so as to allow the RFL team their moment in the spotlight after announcing how much they have raised this year, which at the moment I write this, stands at L$ 2,180,118 (or USD 8,353.35 according to the LindeX)

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Coby Foden said:

Yesterday (April 3, 2019) I saw nine green dots on the map in one Belliseria's region. All in the same spot on one street. And there was one more green dot further away in one other region.

2019-04-04_SSP84.jpg.fb44c3eb688b9d392772c403b4a11911.jpg

Interesting.  That is the same region where they had what we were previously guessing to be trailer homes.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Interesting.  That is the same region where they had what we were previously guessing to be trailer homes.

Hard to tell what might be house or if there ARE any houses, but the street is "wandering" and darker dirt color and the trees are different so perhaps another new test are with different models. Maybe the trailers didn't go over too well. I kinda liked the idea :D.  Looks pretty on the map although you are definitely INLAND.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Hard to tell what might be house or if there ARE any houses, but the street is "wandering" and darker dirt color and the trees are different so perhaps another new test are with different models. Maybe the trailers didn't go over too well. I kinda liked the idea :D.  Looks pretty on the map although you are definitely INLAND.  

Could well be a mole game associated with the region. Nothing like people randomly dying right in front of in your 1950s retro-dystopia lawn...

Edited by Fionalein
  • Haha 1

Might be the landscaping for the trailers park -- Dirt tracks, communal showers, half dead shrubs and wheel-less cars up on cinder blocks.

Patch (wearing dressing gown, ugg-boots and hair-curlers) just towed the trailers out for a short time as the moles did their magic.

0d3650e44096fc8b01a377d17260ee0d.thumb.jpg.731e6a403c6ba8d90ead266f32e3db6b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Latest update from Patch Linden and Grumpity Linden at VWBPE 2019 yesterday on the Linden Homes project. Skip to 12 minutes to hear more. 

• The continent will grow in time, it will get bigger (phrase 1 < current and phrase 2 coming later) 
  • More home styles planned
  • Water pathways, continent connections and space for flying planned 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Latest update from Patch Linden and Grumpity Linden at VWBPE 2019 yesterday on the Linden Homes project. Skip to 12 minutes to hear more. 

• The continent will grow in time, it will get bigger (phrase 1 < current and phrase 2 coming later) 

Seriously? Cross-posting like this is actually against forum rules. I'm NOT scolding you or anything LOL. BEST PRACTICES are: Post it once in the most relative forum and thread, then click the date/time to get the URL to that specific post, then in other forums and threads LINK to that original post. :)

Like this: 

Edited by Alyona Su

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

click the date/time to get the URL to that specific post

Never tried that way. I only recently figured out how to share specific posts myself @Daniel Voyager. There is a little icon in the upper right hand corner of every post right next to the report post button. Click on that to share the post. It will open with the url and other places where you can share the link. 

1 hour ago, Alyona Su said:

Seriously? Cross-posting like this is actually against forum rules. I'm NOT scolding you or anything LOL. BEST PRACTICES are: Post it once in the most relative forum and thread, then click the date/time to get the URL to that specific post, then in other forums and threads LINK to that original post. :)

Like this: 

Don’t cross the threads, meta-posts will confuse someone and they will be lost in the forum forever.

• Haha 2

I actually posted in the wrong thread yesterday because I got confused. There are so many threads now that relate to SSP that it gets confusing super fast. Rather than repost in the correct thread I just linked the post made to the wrong thread. LOL .. the info was pertinent to both threads anyway, but I didn't want to be posting the same exact thing in more than one thread.

There's also been a suggestion to start a home and garden type thread of our new Linden homes once we can move in and start showing off what we've done with them. So I'm wondering if it might not be a good idea to actually have a sub-forum of some sort specifically for Linden Homes. Right now the posts are spread across General Discussion in the people forum and also in the Land forum in the general discussion and mainland sub-forums. It's just a thought. I know that with this being new and encompassing the whole connect the continents discussion that this may only be a temporary situation so a dedicated sub-forum might not be warranted.

I'm not sure who to @ this to so I'm guessing @Keira Linden.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Very intriguing and all sounds very positive. Yay!

• Like 2

• Lindens
2 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I actually posted in the wrong thread yesterday because I got confused. There are so many threads now that relate to SSP that it gets confusing super fast. Rather than repost in the correct thread I just linked the post made to the wrong thread. LOL .. the info was pertinent to both threads anyway, but I didn't want to be posting the same exact thing in more than one thread.

There's also been a suggestion to start a home and garden type thread of our new Linden homes once we can move in and start showing off what we've done with them. So I'm wondering if it might not be a good idea to actually have a sub-forum of some sort specifically for Linden Homes. Right now the posts are spread across General Discussion in the people forum and also in the Land forum in the general discussion and mainland sub-forums. It's just a thought. I know that with this being new and encompassing the whole connect the continents discussion that this may only be a temporary situation so a dedicated sub-forum might not be warranted.

I'm not sure who to @ this to so I'm guessing @Keira Linden.

Hey Blush!

Interesting idea.  I'll see if maybe we can get something like that going.  Thanks!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

3 hours ago, Keira Linden said:

Hey Blush!

Interesting idea.  I'll see if maybe we can get something like that going.  Thanks!

We need a SSP or New Linden Homes part on the Second Life Forums. There are many SSP threads and it's not even launched yet to the public. 

It's going to get pretty busy on here soon I think. 

• Like 2