SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

8 hours ago, Patch Linden said:

I politely disagree.  I do not think giving everyone an "easy button" to set your cruise control and point your vessel of choice in a direction to not navigate your way around is best... and because you used way to many "s-words" in your post.   😉

There will be plenty of navigable space in the REGIONS that will wrap around and follow the contour of the continent on it's way south, at least a region wide in most places of protected land that will never be owned by anyone but Linden.

Looking as endearing as I can, asks hopefully... and what about going North? Wouldn't it be nice if the Sansara connection went west around the continent and linked up with the waterways around the sandboxes that lead on to Bay City?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

Looking as endearing as I can, asks hopefully... and what about going North? Wouldn't it be nice if the Sansara connection went west around the continent and linked up with the waterways around the sandboxes that lead on to Bay City?

It does. It's not exactly plain sailing but there is a navigable passage of protected waters all the way from Bay City to Langdale. From there there's just a narrow strip of (currently open to the public) privateely owned waters to cross over to the water sims at the northeastern tip of the continent. (Btw, if LL wants to secure free passage all the way, I'm sure the owner of that narrow strip wil be happy to donate it to them. There may be some questions about a certain LPDW owned pier that somehow ended up on dry land in Langdale and maybe also about a few meters of missing Linden Road but those shouldn't be major obstacles for an agreement everybody will be happy about.)

The eastern coast of Sansara is a far bigger problem. The waters there are blocked in several places.

On 3/25/2019 at 10:35 AM, Patch Linden said:

I politely disagree.  I do not think giving everyone an "easy button" to set your cruise control and point your vessel of choice in a direction to not navigate your way around is best...

It's no skin off my nose of course but I have to say I agree with Patch here. Those who want to sail across vast stretches of open water already have Blake Sea and the Bay of Moles and there shouldn't really be much need for more of the same. I'm all for connecting the continents of course but I really hope it'll be more than just long corridors of water sims.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

You know I'm wondering. They seem to be in the foothills leading up to the mountains. I'm wondering if they might not be little mountain cabins.

Well, given how Trailer Home parks seem to draw tornadoes, putting one up next to a mountain range might be a good idea.  I know that I live close enough to the foothills in Denver that the tornadoes go right over my area and land further east.

:SwingingFriends:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well, given how Trailer Home parks seem to draw tornadoes, putting one up next to a mountain range might be a good idea.  I know that I live close enough to the foothills in Denver that the tornadoes go right over my area and land further east.

:SwingingFriends:

Tornadoes might head east, but I live in a Denver suburb and remember winds devastating mobile homes in Boulder more then once.  For those unfamiliar with the area, the city of Boulder literally sits in the foothills at the base of the Rockies, just north of Denver.

On 3/25/2019 at 8:00 AM, Fritigern Gothly said:

So many of you have scrutinized each and every detail of this new continent, wondered what it is, what it's for and so forth, but either I have missed the discussion, or you all have missed this island in SSP92.
Would this be just a decorative island, or will it serve a particular purpose, either permanent or temporary?
There are a few other islands, but this one caught my eye because it looks more out of place than any of the other islands.

image.png.16d4b7dbb509ce31d7ac048a54cfbbe5.png

BTW, it kinda looks like a turtle on its back to me.

image.png.bf2b5b96d1c2993dec88ca12f733e9d5.png 

Perfect place for a lighthouse.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Cryogen Crimson said:

Perfect place for a lighthouse.

I have always assumed it WAS a lighthouse with a couple of docks (possibly a rezzing place for boats). You can see a building in the center and a circular pattern that looks like cliff landforms.   

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

OMG .. this is not photoshopped .. 

It kinda disappears if I scroll out .. but when I scroll in .. it's all there!

😲 Doesn't properly exist yet only on in/out world map up close and can't be TP'd to yet but looking forward to finally being able to have an explore round the new continent 

• Like 1

Noticed this in the QA copy of SSP66, it looks awfully detailed, considering it's on a maptile.
I'm not going to speculate what it is or what it could be (it could be just a test which is never going to be used), but I find the object detail remarkably high for a maptile.

image.png.c30fd6386d00791b65d19de92e0c1892.png

10 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

😲 Doesn't properly exist yet only on in/out world map up close and can't be TP'd to yet but looking forward to finally being able to have an explore round the new continent 

Oh, I know, but it's one more step toward opening. So for me it's still exciting!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

It kinda disappears if I scroll out .. but when I scroll in .. it's all there!

Where is this? I am assuming it's NOT where we usually look for the SSP continent. However, I am exploring the worldmap right now, and am looking between continents but can't find what you are seeing.

1 minute ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Where is this? I am assuming it's NOT where we usually look for the SSP continent. However, I am exploring the worldmap right now, and am looking between continents but can't find what you are seeing.

Open map and search, Salt Breeze, then scroll in very close and you should be able to see it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I found it on https://maps.secondlife.com/ and many of the Regions seem to have received actual names, other than "SSPxxx".
These names can only be seen on map.secondlife.com, I don't see them on the map in-world nor can they be found when searched for by name.

I think that we are looking at the final location for Bellisseria, as well as the final names for the regions.

image.png.be6283634e53ab23679c55454afca718.png image.png.5552c6f65f75a449cdd5410f2751bdd6.png

And if I could choose (I know I won't be able to) I would live here. The region's name is Dutch for "suburb":

image.png.9b831d0d5c7ed4b7e282067aa1384f12.png

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
  • Like 3

Just now, Claireschen Hesten said:

It's properly on the map now but not open to public access 

No surprise there. It is still under development. It is expected that the continent will open after April 7th, after the Home and Garden event ends.
Also, this seems to be the partial continent only, the regions not included appear to be those which haven't been completed to the same extent as the ones we are looking at now.

Yes, it's in position, or at least was temporarily.

sspfinalpos.thumb.png.1e833b6a5c92e6fefbb87f0669e14130.png

From the Firestorm viewer's world map.

sspmoved.thumb.png.893dd64f43074bf9d424e266b8ccc600.png

From my Mapbox map. Off the south coast of Sansara, with a one-region gap of dead sims so you can't get close yet.

It's not in all the lower-rez map tiles, probably because the lower-rez map tile generator hasn't caught up yet.

It will connect Jeogeot with Sansara, as expected. But getting boats through will be tough.

marinatightspot.thumb.png.00eeb831747ca86fe9d5ce55a42c4a7a.png

We need some extra sea room on the left here. Larger ships won't fit. Even small boats may have to cut through the marina to make the long trip.

• Like 4