SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

Getting us BACK on a MORE POSITIVE NOTE MAYBE ----

Pearl (FS Kitty) and I have been working on a new kitchen dining area the last couple of days. Pearl doesn't make mesh of course but is a good physics tester :D.   While not designed  for the Linden Homes I couldn't resist going over and seeing if it fit in my favorite so far (two story with balcony upstairs home).  I do NOT have good technique on wearable kitchen walls, but it does fit perfectly --- LOL. So THAT'S a plus.  

And, unfortunately my gray texture issue has been back for a few days. I MUST be something with a Win10 Update since I keep "fixing" it and it keeps reverting back --- so I guess I will just get used to the nostalgia of grayness and loading textures. There could be worse things.

Anyway --- WIP.

1840531666_wipkitchen1600.thumb.jpg.62d04cb5ea1149718247d2a40df4c0ff.jpg

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Getting us BACK on a MORE POSITIVE NOTE MAYBE ----

Pearl (FS Kitty) and I have been working on a new kitchen dining area the last couple of days. Pearl doesn't make mesh of course but is a good physics tester :D.   While not designed  for the Linden Homes I couldn't resist going over and seeing if it fit in my favorite so far (two story with balcony upstairs home).  I do NOT have good technique on wearable kitchen walls, but it does fit perfectly --- LOL. So THAT'S a plus.  

And, unfortunately my gray texture issue has been back for a few days. I MUST be something with a Win10 Update since I keep "fixing" it and it keeps reverting back --- so I guess I will just get used to the nostalgia of grayness and loading textures. There could be worse things.

Anyway --- WIP.

1840531666_wipkitchen1600.thumb.jpg.62d04cb5ea1149718247d2a40df4c0ff.jpg

Those remind me a bit of Hoosier cabinets, of which I’m a fan.

14 hours ago, Sandy Schnook said:

At the opening of the demos for the new LL homes, Patch mentioned that there will be as many as 4k regions. 

I have been trying to find anything about these 4000 regions but I came up empty. Do you happen to have a link for me to check out, or did Patch say it in-world?

I do like how the new homes will be connected to the mainland, Can have a home in one of the marina slips and set out in your boat or plane to explore the grid like I used to years ago. Few otehr things that would be fun too but don't want to hope for too much lol

• Like 3

The "trailers" are gone this morning but looks like lots more houses (and houseboats) have been added in the south.  I can't see all the sims on my map though, some are just BLUE :D.   

and to @Fritigern Gothly   if I REMEMBER correctly (it would be in this thread around the  time the preview homes opened) Patch said that 4k number inworld. my impression was that was a possible goal ---- not written in stone. But just my impression.  It seems obvious that it will depend a lot on how well these new offerings are embraced by the citizen :D. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

I have been trying to find anything about these 4000 regions but I came up empty. Do you happen to have a link for me to check out, or did Patch say it in-world?

I actually have the chat notecarded inworld.  I'm just not certain TOS would allow me to post it on forums.  It was not private IMs, it was in world to anyone standing within range, at the demos.  If someone could assure me that posting it is safe, I will be happy to do that later today once I get back from some errands I need to run.  Patch had mentioned to someone else that the regions would probably reach 4000, and I later asked how it would be viable to fill so many of them.  Were they going to start advertising SL more in order to get more members?  His reply to me is basically that since the homes are bigger and they want to include more space around them then the original LL homes, then 4000 would be viable.  Paraphrasing, because until I get into SL later, I do not have the exact chat.

1 minute ago, Sandy Schnook said:

I actually have the chat notecarded inworld.  I'm just not certain TOS would allow me to post it on forums.  It was not private IMs, it was in world to anyone standing within range, at the demos.  If someone could assure me that posting it is safe, I will be happy to do that later today once I get back from some errands I need to run.  Patch had mentioned to someone else that the regions would probably reach 4000, and I later asked how it would be viable to fill so many of them.  Were they going to start advertising SL more in order to get more members?  His reply to me is basically that since the homes are bigger and they want to include more space around them then the original LL homes, then 4000 would be viable.  Paraphrasing, because until I get into SL later, I do not have the exact chat.

Since at least two (maybe more) folks there reported this I am thinking that it is legit. Personally I would never post any kind of chat logs just because - -- well to ME it is wrong TOS or not.

I am also guessing that if this is a BAD rumor that Patch will come in and tell us so.  

56 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

if I REMEMBER correctly (it would be in this thread around the  time the preview homes opened) Patch said that 4k number inworld. my impression was that was a possible goal ---- not written in stone. But just my impression.  It seems obvious that it will depend a lot on how well these new offerings are embraced by the citizen :D. 

Ah, since it's in-world then never mind. If it were posted somewhere off-world (like a blog, or him personally mentioning it in the forums) it could have been useful for me to quote elsewhere. 

6 minutes ago, Sandy Schnook said:

I actually have the chat notecarded inworld.  I'm just not certain TOS would allow me to post it on forums.  It was not private IMs, it was in world to anyone standing within range, at the demos.  

I am quite certain that anything said in public chat is fine to post in the forums. However, don't worry about it. See below why.

3 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Since at least two (maybe more) folks there reported this I am thinking that it is legit. [...]

I am also guessing that if this is a BAD rumor that Patch will come in and tell us so.  

Look, I believe you both hands down, but that does not go for everyone of course, which is why I wanted a quotable 3rd party source.
The 4k thing does get me excited but there is this other topic where people go "oh, LL will never add more than 100 openspace regions" and "So you hope LL will make the ocean around the new continent sailable? Who is going to pay for that?" and more of that negative stuff.
Call me gullible, but when someone like Sandy, or you Chic, who have been around for a long time and have shown to be well-informed most of the time, make the claim that Patch mentioned 4k of new (public) regions, I believe that unconditionally. But for some people that is just not enough, they want more, they want sources, official quotes/announcements and such, which is why I had hoped on some link that I could refer to.
Oh well.

As for that number, I am rather sure that after adding some 2-3 regions wide layers around all continents and connecting them with seas and oceans that make the Blake sea pale in size, we'd easily be looking at 4000 additional regions or more.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

The "trailers" are gone this morning but looks like lots more houses (and houseboats) have been added in the south.  I can't see all the sims on my map though, some are just BLUE :D.   

Does it take a while for the inworld map to update for everyone.  I just logged in - first time since logging out about 10:00 pm SLT yesterday - and they are still showing for me in that original SSP location, though they are not showing on the SSP version that has already been placed south of Sansara (don't remember if they were ever in that location or not).

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Does it take a while for the inworld map to update for everyone.  I just logged in - first time since logging out about 10:00 pm SLT yesterday - and they are still showing for me in that original SSP location, though they are not showing on the SSP version that has already been placed south of Sansara (don't remember if they were ever in that location or not).

They are still visible in the original SSP ... open map and search SSPE and you'll see they aren't there in the area that has been moved.

btw .. my guess on SSPE ... super secret project exposed  ... lol

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Sorry. Likely my confusion. Can't REALLY say though as I have been mostly looking at the moved sim LOL.  But LIKELY just me. Of course SOME houses (two sims worth) did disappear from SSP and haven't returned.  We may never know all the secrets :D. 

It might be that at first stage (when we already get in) not all SSP regions have been moved between Jeogeot and Sansara.
Maybe it will be this what we can now see in the map between those two continents. Rest will come later on when they're ready - possibly with other themes?

2019-03-28_SSP_Continent.thumb.jpg.f4f26959a724dced11906a7c8405a08c.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

It might be that at first stage (when we already get in) not all SSP regions have been moved between Jeogeot and Sansara.

I personally hope that isn't true  -- and don't think it will be as it looks so very tacky and even with some unfinished continents in the past, none to my knowledge were THIS bad.

BUT I do very much thank you for posting the picture. I just thought that MY map wasn't working well (not all that unusual).

45 minutes ago, Coby Foden said:

Maybe it will be this what we can now see in the map between those two continents. Rest will come later on when they're ready - possibly with other themes?

2019-03-28_SSP_Continent.thumb.jpg.f4f26959a724dced11906a7c8405a08c.jpg

Since Ebbe did mention that the Linden Homes would be done in phases at that Town Hall meeting all those months ago, I wouldn't be surprised if this is what the first phase is with the remaining SSP regions not moved yet coming at a latter time. Still it's just speculation. Time will tell though. :) 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

Since Ebbe did mention that the Linden Homes would be done in phases at that Town Hall meeting all those months ago, I wouldn't be surprised if this is what the first phase is with the remaining SSP regions not moved yet coming at a latter time. Still it's just speculation. Time will tell though. :) 

They just decided to stay consistant with the Gaeta/Zindra look...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

phased would perhaps be desired from Linden approach, but for the users it would be a bad thing. A very limited availability of new Linden homes will bring massive loads of disapointed and frustrated premium members... and perhaps shoot in their own feet again.. a disapointed member isn't changed to a happy one soon.

10 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

phased would perhaps be desired from Linden approach, but for the users it would be a bad thing. A very limited availability of new Linden homes will bring massive loads of disapointed and frustrated premium members... and perhaps shoot in their own feet again.. a disapointed member isn't changed to a happy one soon.

Maybe limited initial supply will drive additional demand, justifying additional land..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ethan Paslong said:

I doubt that initiating the phases will be a long drawn out process. But I for one would prefer them to release them in phases rather than waiting until every last part of the project is completed before releasing any of the regions that are now ready. I think having to wait would be much worse than moving to a yet to be completed continent, especially since it's very easy to see what that completed continent looks like by searching for SSP on the map. This isn't at all like Gaeta, Zindra, or even Bay City for that matter. They all have regions that just stop and do not have finished edges. We can easily see that SSP is completed and beautiful. 

@Coby Foden's screenshot and idea seems more viable to me this morning (sadly so as it is SO very ugly).   IF the unfinished land was going to get chopped off then it would be so very much better to tailor the coastline into a more natural look.  hmmmmm. 

Right now it is just depressing (to me anyway). 

41 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

@Coby Foden's screenshot and idea seems more viable to me this morning (sadly so as it is SO very ugly).   IF the unfinished land was going to get chopped off then it would be so very much better to tailor the coastline into a more natural look.  hmmmmm. 

Right now it is just depressing (to me anyway). 

Take a closer look. None of the inhabited regions have unfinished edges. It's only the empty regions that run up against an unfinished edge. And you know what the missing parts look like by looking at the SSP continent. I suppose if I thought that it was going to take months for them to completely move the SSP continent into place I might be disappointed but I seriously doubt that is the case. 

I'm so glad they are not creating artificial edges and keeping true to the original SSP continent shape. I would be alarmed if they were to artificially complete those edges. If anything that would indicate that it's going to be a long drawn out process, the very fact that they aren't is encouraging to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

Take a closer look. None of the inhabited regions have unfinished edges. It's only the empty regions that run up against an unfinished edge. And you know what the missing parts look like by looking at the SSP continent. I suppose if I thought that it was going to take months for them to completely move the SSP continent into place I might be disappointed but I seriously doubt that is the case. 

I'm so glad they are not creating artificial edges and keeping true to the original SSP continent shape. I would be alarmed if they were to artificially complete those edges. If anything that would indicate that it's going to be a long drawn out process, the very fact that they aren't is encouraging to me.

I definitely noted that it was the empty (and unnamed) regions "missing".   Still not encouraged.  Happy that you feel better about the "long, drawn out process".   Not working well for me though :D.    They could move the whole continent very quickly; we have seen that. Even it it remained empty and designated Openspace on the servers ....   

Making a smaller continent would also be an option --- adding to that later.