SSP?

Garnet Psaltery

19 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Apparently, moose like to lick de-icer salt off cars in winter time.

Yeah, it's a real thing in New England too. In New Hampshire and Maine, moose (and sometimes deer) will go looking for easy sources of salt during the winter. They'll go after road surfaces and cars.

I spent a couple of summers a loong time ago near Rangely, Maine, which is on the shore of Lake Mooselookmeguntic (often shortened by the locals to "Mooselook" or "Mooselick"). It's a beautiful part of the world, although overrun by seasonal residents during much of the year because it's a great area for canoeing, hiking and skiing. When I was young, it was still mostly a quiet logging region.

ab14bf5f219c8bbe8b69df4ba4c65e1b-1.jpg?v=1677606299

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Yeah, it's a real thing in New England too. In New Hampshire and Maine, moose (and sometimes deer) will go looking for easy sources of salt during the winter. They'll go after road surfaces and cars.

I spent a couple of summers a loong time ago near Rangely, Maine, which is on the shore of Lake Mooselookmeguntic (often shortened by the locals to "Mooselook" or "Mooselick"). It's a beautiful part of the world, although overrun by seasonal residents during much of the year because it's a great area for canoeing, hiking and skiing. When I was young, it was still mostly a quiet logging region.

ab14bf5f219c8bbe8b69df4ba4c65e1b-1.jpg?v=1677606299

That makes sense, I'm more used to the term "salt lick", and it being applied to "deer" (plural "deers").

• Like 4

Ranch Theme statistics as of 12th July 2023:

Total number of Ranch Theme Regions: 84 (includes 77 habitable Ranch Theme regions, 5 Water/Coastal regions and 2 empty Homestead regions (Overall & Blind Pete))

Total number of Ranch Theme houses: 924 (77 habitable Ranch Theme regions, each containing 12 Ranch Theme parcels and houses)

Ranch Theme habitable area per region: 24,576m2  (12 x 2048m2  parcels from maximum 65,536m2 per region)

Ranch Theme non-habitable (roads, paths, hills, trees, lakes, decorative features etc.) area per region: 40,960m(from maximum 65,536m2 per region)

Ranch Theme habitable house parcels (12x) use 37.5% of a region's surface area, leaving 62.5% for non-habitable "decorative" (roads, paths, hills, trees, lakes, etc.) use. 

Total area of all habitable Ranch Theme parcels: 1,892,352m2 (as of 12th July 2023 - 77 x 24,576m2 ) or 1.8 km2

Total area of all 84 Ranch Theme Regions (including Water & Homestead regions) : 5,505,024m2 (84 x 65,536m2) or 5.5 km2.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Thanks 9

Awww, why the sad face? With on-demand rezzing stations and self-delete when a rider disembarks, the pods won't be a nuisance. And sporting cool Bellisseria liveries that can change as the pod passes through various themes, they can become a moving asset and attraction to residents and newcomers.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SanFroggy said:

Awww, why the sad face? With on-demand rezzing stations and self-delete when a rider disembarks, the pods won't be a nuisance. And sporting cool Bellisseria liveries that can change as the pod passes through various themes, they can become a moving asset and attraction to residents and newcomers.

The pods are fine on mainland because they go to points of interest that people may not be aware of. They're ugly though, and are not in theme for any of the Belli neighborhoods. The boats might be ok on the edge of the House Boats, Stilt Homes, and coastal areas, but most of Belli is residential, so a tourist vehicle isn't appropriate.

In Bellisseria, one should rez a free or cheap bicycle, horse, train or small boat to explore. There are plenty of free rez zones. There's a ferry to the Fairgrounds, and I think there should be one between Belli and the BelliHub-BelliDemo Island too.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 4

As someone who suffers with arthritic hands, I can attest to enjoying handsfree transportation. Though I'm not sure I'd want to see the pods in Belli. My favorite handsfree transportation involves having a friend at the wheel driving while I enjoy being a backseat driver. :D 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

The pods are fine on mainland because they go to points of interest that people may not be aware of. They're ugly though, and are not in theme for any of the Belli neighborhoods.

The P.A.T's at the new welcome hub do go through some of the Log District to get to the Bellihub i don't see why something a little more in theme for Bellisseria couldn't work

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

The P.A.T's at the new welcome hub do go through some of the Log District to get to the Bellihub i don't see why something a little more in theme for Bellisseria couldn't work

There is a free sailboat ️ at the Welcome Hub and an inner tube rezzer at the corner of the Belli Demo region. I think there should be a sailboat or motorboat rezzer, so newbies can easily experience boating in SL. This addition would be especially useful once the Log Home northern coastline is completed. A northern route through Bellisseria will finally be a reality.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I think pods in Belli are a great idea.  If Mainlanders have to tolerate them then why shouldn't Bellisserians also have to.

Spite is not a reason to implement anything.  

Count me in the "no pods in Bellisseria" group.  As others have said, there are plenty of places to rez your own mode of transport, there are several options from the moles, and many residents have rezzers that are accessible to the public.  As an aside, doesn't anyone walk or fly anymore? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

There is a free sailboat ️ at the Welcome Hub

I could not find a sailboat at the Welcome Hub, but Abnor Mole gives out an ancient motorboat that looks sort of like a sailboat bath toy at the BelliHub (http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/BelliHub/158/160/23).  Fortunately, there is an actual sailboat, the N~17, in a nearby giver.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

I could not find a sailboat at the Welcome Hub, but Abnor Mole gives out an ancient motorboat that looks sort of like a sailboat bath toy at the BelliHub (http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/BelliHub/158/160/23).  Fortunately, there is an actual sailboat, the N~17, in a nearby giver.

That's the same one that's at the Welcome Hub, kind of hidden inside the Jetsons-style mostly empty pavilion at the center 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

Spite is not a reason to implement anything.  

Count me in the "no pods in Bellisseria" group.  As others have said, there are plenty of places to rez your own mode of transport, there are several options from the moles, and many residents have rezzers that are accessible to the public.  As an aside, doesn't anyone walk or fly anymore? 

Well, I was mainly being tongue-in-cheek in the way I phrased what I put.  So, to turn this the other way around and demonstrate this isn't about doing anything out of spite.  If they are acceptable on Mainland what's the problem in Belli?  Whatever the objection for not having them in Belli should be the exact same reason they shouldn't be on Mainland either.  If there is no objection for one, then there shouldn't be any objection to the other.

• Like 2

The water taxi is a pod, so they're already here. The mainland ones tend to be generic because it's not really a themed area, but they can have any theme you want.

The tricky part is that there are many more public routes around the homes. It's pretty obvious where to send a tour on the mainland as public routes are very limited. It's rather more complicated when you have a dense road network. That would take quite a bit of time for a mole to put together.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

The P.A.T's at the new welcome hub

I think the mainland pods are a lot more "in-theme" on Belli than these P.A.T.'s. What's not "in-theme" about little egg-shaped pods with suitable liveries that morph into boats or balloons? With some texture adjustments and swapping they can be in-theme anywhere.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1