Lines that annoy you most

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

95% kick off with Hi! or hi! or hi...............never a good sign. A couple of guys who started well turned out to want "exclusive use", which will never work with me................

Some come in "hot" and after a couple of meetings of good chat just evaporate for no obvious reason........................

"Will you be my girlfriend" ranks high on my dislikes.....................

Best one? "I don't take no for an answer".........guess what happened.........?

On 7/5/2018 at 9:34 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

I used to do that,until one day my husband slapped a box of latex gloves on the counter from down at our auto shop.

He said"HERE,use these instead of your clothes,Jeeezuz!"

I didn't use them that first time because of how he did that..But any time after I do..

I had to deal with some suspended ceiling tiles that are backed with fiberglass insulation.  They are AWFUL; touch one and in a couple of minutes, your hand starts to itch where some tiny bits of fiberglass have taken root.  So I put on latex gloves.  That was fine for about twenty minutes, until my hands started to sweat so badly that I stripped the damn things off and just put up with the *****lies.

On 7/5/2018 at 10:58 AM, Madelaine McMasters said:

That's the sort of whinging I'd hear from my ex-husband as he pushed a paint tray or random-orbit sander away from his coffee maker. He isn't quite a neat freak, and I'm not quite slovenly, but there's a gap we were never able to bridge. I'm always fixing or making something, so the house is in a perpetual state of re/construction. The dining room and dinette tables are used as workbenches or staging areas (I eat at the island), until I have company over. Then the house briefly takes on the appearance of being owned by a normal person.

We have TWO counters, one at each end of the kitchen, plus a "miscellaneous stuff" countertop/drawer, a dinette table, dining room table, two coffee tables and a server table in the dining room.  EVERYTHING accumulates stuff...old mail, unread magazines, place settings where someone never made it to dinner, project parts, hardware, warranty information, dog toys, the cell phone you can't remember where you left it last.  When we get down to only one open countertop, I declare a Cleaning Day.  Then it all looks nice again for a couple of hours.

This isn't even speaking of my home office or the Den of the Resident Geek or the Overflowing Garage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

This isn't even speaking of my home office or the Den of the Resident Geek or the Overflowing Garage.

If First Life husband doesn't stop bringing home 10 year old cast off computer parts from the Habitat for Humanity thrift store, he is going to have to get his own apartment. We are out of room!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

If First Life husband doesn't stop bringing home 10 year old cast off computer parts from the Habitat for Humanity thrift store, he is going to have to get his own apartment. We are out of room!

Or "backups" purchased at Good Will. Who the heck needs 5 (yes FIVE) freakin coffee makers?! O.o

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

We have TWO counters, one at each end of the kitchen, plus a "miscellaneous stuff" countertop/drawer, a dinette table, dining room table, two coffee tables and a server table in the dining room.  EVERYTHING accumulates stuff...old mail, unread magazines, place settings where someone never made it to dinner, project parts, hardware, warranty information, dog toys, the cell phone you can't remember where you left it last.  When we get down to only one open countertop, I declare a Cleaning Day.  Then it all looks nice again for a couple of hours.

Lucky! All my extra stuff goes into the hidden room..

I remember the old percolators my folks had. In the morning that thing would wake me up with the noise it was making --- sounded like something you would hear in a adult movie.

As for lines --- I get the random teleports. It's bad if you're hosting an event or DJing. I just started at a Blues club as a back-up and sometimes I get the TP warp plop-up.

4 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

I remember the old percolators my folks had. In the morning that thing would wake me up with the noise it was making --- sounded like something you would hear in a adult movie.

As for lines --- I get the random teleports. It's bad if you're hosting an event or DJing. I just started at a Blues club as a back-up and sometimes I get the TP warp plop-up.

The ones my parents had, when I was a child, always sounded like lions roaring to me.

22 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I had to deal with some suspended ceiling tiles that are backed with fiberglass insulation.  They are AWFUL; touch one and in a couple of minutes, your hand starts to itch where some tiny bits of fiberglass have taken root.  So I put on latex gloves.  That was fine for about twenty minutes, until my hands started to sweat so badly that I stripped the damn things off and just put up with the *****lies.

I have these better gloves now that I got from my work that they use in the machining area.. They fit better  and you can even use your touch screen with them ,plus they breathe way better than latex  gloves..

They fit like a layer of skin and you can reuse them..you can use the computer with them and just about anything..I forget that I have them on when I use them.

I've went to wash my hands and had my gloves on..

plus if you get them wet while you are wearing them,they'll dry out without having to take them off..they breathe so well..They are the best gloves I've ever had for most work around the house and even in the barn..

I can get them at work for about 35.00 for 12 pair..I'm not sure how much they are outside the plant in that many pair..but from what I've seen they go for around 3.00 to 4.00 a pair depending on where you go

These are the exact ones I have..I searched them on the net..

MaxiFlex® 34-875 Micro-Foam Nitrile Coated Gloves

PIP-34-875-A_273x0.jpg

• Like 3

On 10/18/2018 at 3:57 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

Oh, come ON, auto-censor!  I can't say "*****lies"?  (The asterisks are a word which can mean a sharp little stabbing sensation.  Also a vulgar term for the male member.)

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Oh, come ON, auto-censor!  I can't say "*****lies"?  (The asterisks are a word which can mean a sharp little stabbing sensation.  Also a vulgar term for the male member.)

So, you cant say, "That haunted Halloween ride gave me the willies."? 

Foolishness. can I say Brown footed Boobie, Tit Mouse, Wood Pecker, ***** my finger, or the like? 

ETA Well one didnt make it... 

Edited by Drake1 Nightfire
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:
54 minutes ago, angeoco said:

Something like "prıcklies"? :ph34r:

Apparently you can say it... 

Notice that Angeoco's isn't using the letter i in the first part of the word.

4 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

So, you cant say, "That haunted Halloween ride gave me the willies."? 

Foolishness. can I say Brown footed Boobie, Tit Mouse, Wood Pecker, ***** my finger, or the like? 

ETA Well one didnt make it... 

I'm actually quite surprised that those others made it through.  And I'm still trying to figure out what got bleeped.

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Notice that Angeoco's isn't using the letter i in the first part of the word.

I'm actually quite surprised that those others made it through.  And I'm still trying to figure out what got bleeped.

I was thinking pull my finger but maybe not.

Nope, definitely not.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Haha 1

"Giggles" annoy me. I stopped giggling when i was like 12

Id much rather see "laughs, grins, etc" 

other things that annoy me and tend to be conversation closers are "smiles" and "nods"

other things (reason for my edit as I keep thinking of things, lol)

DJs/Hostess that refers to you by your acct name and not your display name. I usually reply to them by saying "I'm doing fine DJLazy Resident"

Folks the try to pick you up with copy/paste pick up lines. Its funny, when i was available, id get ppl, that would IM me with the EXACT same wording as they did the time before and its usually not just "hello" it is a long sentence that you just know they didnt happen to say again.  . I respond with copy and pasting their previous attempt back to them ... followed by "wow" and that usually takes care of that 

Edited by Heathernorton
  • Haha 1

Them: hi how r u?

Me: Oh today has been a really bad day. First I had to take a shower and wash my hair with this really horrible shampoo, then I had to do my nails but I couldn't decide if I should do them in this gorgeous shade of burnt sienna or the vivid red so I chose the burnt sienna but it really clashed with my dress so I had to redo my nails all over again and then I changed my mind about the red dress I was going to wear and picked the black one instead which meant I had to change my shoes and then I was late for work and the boss chewed me out and my car had a flat tire on the way home from work and I burned dinner because I was so upset my boss chewed me out so I had to order out and now I'm just exhausted.

How r u?

*crickets*

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Haha 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1682 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.