You know you're an SL addict when:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When you are in the U.S. and start calculating the imperial system, because of the metric taking over in your use..O.o

ETA: It's been awhile since I was addicted, so this may not still apply to today..hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

when you look at a building or thing in RL and wonder how many prims it may have, and where to get the textures...

Oh and when you're still IC when going out (which happened to me in Spring '09 when I played Gor on an Alt): I logged off from my role as Scribe on Gor, made me ready, and went to the cafe around the corner for breakfast.

And I ordered "One BlackWine, please"! The waitress looked at me, smirked and simply replied "First or second slave?" - which made me realize where and when I was, and I wished i was back home alone, or underneath a rock or something.:$ We chatted later, and I learned that she rp'ed Gor as a kajira long long time ago, on a chat platform somewhere on the webs

• Like 9

1. When you go online in the morning and check SL email first, then rl :P 
  2. when you see a nice sunset photo somewhere and think how would you create a windlight like this in sl
  3. when you have "nothing to wear" day in real life and, instead of thinking what to try from your real life closet, you combine sl outfits and stuff
  4. when you see a word "linden" in real life and start to laugh randomly
  5. when you turn around if someone in real life calls out your sl name

Enough for now lol

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Tamara Artis said:
  1. when you see a word "linden" in real life and start to laugh randomly

can totally relate to that where i come from there are quite a few Linden associations ranging from big developments of Linden Homes to blocks of flats and health care centres baring the "Linden" name shortly before last names got replaced by usernames i did notice some of the last names were of RL places in the area where i'm from with a Linden connection 

• Like 3

When I see stumble onto a product in RL either from a blog, store or an article and I can associate it with something I've seen in world. I used to keep a folder with pictures of product references for fun. Unfortunately most were lost on my old HD when it crashed. Here's two as an example. The first is the is a picture that inspired a skybox made Convair. That was an older release. The second is a desk made by Hideki for TCF sometime in 2014.

18f8769a79b09b9b55ffd0fcff626ba2.jpg

34c35f7da618c447795fa7d6032f9886.jpg

Edited by Chase01
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

can totally relate to that where i come from there are quite a few Linden associations ranging from big developments of Linden Homes to blocks of flats and health care centres baring the "Linden" name shortly before last names got replaced by usernames i did notice some of the last names were of RL places in the area where i'm from with a Linden connection 

I have it the same way with a Swedish/ Finish  Swedish singer with the named Anna Järvinen 
Btw Hesten translate to "the horse" in Danish 

• Like 2

You see a rl building that's partially settled into the ground and think they did a poor job of lining up the prims

You look out into the distance in rl and think that seamless background texture is amazing.

You look at a rl  building and wonder how many prims it took to build it.

You walk thru an empty warehouse where u work in rl and wonder why the music stream is down, and where the dj booth and group inviter is.

Yes, i like to build in SL *smiles*

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.