You know you're an SL addict when:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 6/20/2017 at 0:34 PM, Rhonda Huntress said:

When you rather spend time in world with your girlfriend than time in bed with your husband ...

He knew what he was doing.  It was his idea.  He knew I don't give my heart away and just take it back.  He told me to love her.

So I did.  And I do.

More than I should and less than I want to.

This is one of the sweetest things I have ever read in either these new forums, or the yesterforums.

• Like 4

Maybe someone already said something like this, somewhere. Pretty often, if I see a piece of furniture I like somewhere, I start thinking how I would go about modeling it, at what point I would UV map it, how I would texture it, do I want to use materials? "Hmm I like those rivets, maybe in silver."

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

I'm at a wedding, at this moment, in Seattle. We'll, the reception part anyway. I swear, there's a guy here dancing to Love Shack who looks just like @Nostoll. The guy's beard is amazing. I almost can't see his shirt. 

_8c965d82-f33a-11e6-8b6e-25a65c287ec4.jp

• Like 2

You're standing around in RL most probably in a queue and you start mimicking your SL AO or you just make up an AO

When you notice a big sign in your town promoting an upcoming development of Linden Homes and you get a little bit excited before you remember you're in RL in your car driving home

• Like 3

When you see a 20 ft tall panda with glowsticks in its paws and steam coming out of its ears, doing hardcore techno dancing in the street and shouting "HOOOOOOOOOOO" very loudly . . . . . and you think that's perfectly normal.

Edited by Conifer Dada
  • Like 5

I do tend to use the word ,Rez a lot in RL..

I'm not sure if it's because of addiction though.. I use a lot of words as a short version of something else..

Like if I am waiting on someone or something is taking forever and a day..I'll be like,C'mon already,lets Rez this puppy and get going!

You guys are just lagging things down! Lets get our rez on already,for Petes sake!

The word puppy in that first one, is sometimes replaced with more impatient words that would be filtered out in the forums..

• Like 2

My husband and I left town last Thu morning for an extended weekend in the mountains - came back today so we'd didn't have to deal with tomorrow's holiday traffic coming back into town. Anyway, as I turned the home computer back on and pulled up my email and the browser, I realized that I had checked in on the forums most nights while we were gone, but hadn't checked my email once - the result of which is now 206 emails in my inbox, but only a handful of unread forum notifications.  B|

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

My husband and I left town last Thu morning for an extended weekend in the mountains - came back today so we'd didn't have to deal with tomorrow's holiday traffic coming back into town. Anyway, as I turned the home computer back on and pulled up my email and the browser, I realized that I had checked in on the forums most nights while we were gone, but hadn't checked my email once - the result of which is now 206 emails in my inbox, but only a handful of unread forum notifications.  B|

Crap,I haven't checked my SL email since I got back to SL,like months agoO.o

I sure hope I had forum notifications off..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Crap,I haven't checked my SL email since I got back to SL,like months agoO.o

I sure hope I had forum notifications off..

And inworld IMs and notifications being sent to email

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

And inworld IMs being sent to email

I just looked and have all of those shut off..The ones I didn't have shut off were from the marketplace and all the purchases I've made since I got back..

As much shopping as I have done since then,I think I may be addicted again..There is a lot of messages from the market..

Just glad my husband doesn't look in that one..:ph34r:

hehehehe

• Like 1

On 7/2/2017 at 11:02 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

lets Rez this puppy

Now if you were standing there with a box of dog food, looking at the picture of the dog on the front, and you threw it on the floor as you said that.

• Like 2

On 7/1/2017 at 2:44 AM, Ceka Cianci said:

When your husband is asking you to come to bed and it's only 4:00 in the afternoon and your reply is.."But I just had seeeehhhHow about I make you a sandwich?"

Lol! Hopefully when the sandwich is gone, the beer is gone and the dessert is gone, he doesn't remember and ask "So, what were you going to say?"

• Like 3

All righty then. I just looked all through these forums and I could not find a good place to leave this, so why not just leave it here? Nobody's looking; it's late. Pardon my distraction.

It is, at least, somewhat SL related. It has to do with Peter Pan and if there was ever a "your imagination" story, that was surely one of them. I remember watching the cartoon on television—the Walt Disney show—with my slightly older sister when I was a child. Just before the end there's a scene where Peter's trying to revive Tinkerbell. He turns to the 'audience' and asks everyone to clap their hands. My father happened to be in the room while we watched and neither my sister nor I clapped because we were sure he'd think we were idiots. He got ticked! "Why aren't you clapping your hands?" he said. Mind you this was a guy that was absolutely as hard as nails. Every friend I ever had was scared to death of him. But he got this. We clapped. Tink made it.

Thinking of that I did some poking around online and found this:

“ What revives Tinkerbell from death is the audience's affirmation, by clapping their hands at Peter's request, that they "do believe in fairies." Tinkerbell's revival, which Hook's demise swiftly follows, is the emotional climax of the play. In the audience, the children clap joyfully, but the adults clap while bursting into tears.

[...]

But when the adults weep at the call revival of Tinkerbell, at Peter's call to "believe in fairies," each cries for himself. Each weeps weeps for knowing that he is being called to do better something difficult and joyously painful that he has not done well: to keep alive or if necessary revive within himself some aspect of childhood -- his "fairie" -- while outgrowing the rest of it.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.