How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

3 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Forum Angels............................

I just tried a test group chat and get this.........

"You are the only participant in this IM session. Your message is not being retransmitted or stored."

Does this mean nobody else in the group is in world, or do I need to tick a box somewhere??????

I was briefly online, and I saw your"xxxx"-message in the group chat :),

Edited by Angelina String
  • Like 2

I wish there was a way to prevent plain, dark backgrounds in SL from streaking like this, but eh. I love how this shot came out, regardless.

31899601288_eebd5e628c_h.jpg

Credits

Hotdog for The Mens Dept, Air for We ❤️ Roleplay, S0NG for Kustom9, and Vango for Men Only Monthly.

Suit: Hotdog - Baxter Suit (stripe - one size only, so try a demo!)
Glasses: Air - Etienne Glasses (silver)
Hair: Vango - Kevin (browns)
Eye appliers: S0NG - Demi Eyes (Catwa)
Necklace: Katatonik - Gatekeeper Necklace (dark)
Skin applier: Insol - Tyson (T1 - Catwa)
Brow appliers: Identity Body Shop - Thick Eyebrows (Catwa, Omega, system)
Makeup: Alaskametro - Black Magic (Catwa, Omega, Lelutka, system)
Ears: L'Etre - Olympe Mesh Ears
Head: Catwa - Skell* (Bento)

*review copy

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 30

At the Gym, proactively working out in preparation for the inevitable Thanksgiving Supper Bloat.

Working%20Out%20at%20the%20Gymnasium.jpg

Working%20Out%20at%20the%20Gym.jpg

Yus! I changed shoes when I realized I wasn't wearing Tenni's in the first (front) shot Bahaha! Details, details. :P

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 16

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yep, they sure did.  Pretty cool, huh?  Our Skell is an SL Celebrity.

That is SO. COOL.

Also, it's kind of wonderfully meta to be wearing a head named after oneself. It'd be sort of like Ronald Reagan wearing a Ronald Reagan mask?

(Except Skell isn't at all like Ronald Reagan. But you know what I mean.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, Angelina String said:

Snapshot_035_cr.thumb.jpg.a4a4f1ab1d642f36a5e456cc8f4c6d56.jpg

One of the things I really love about your avi -- and your pics reinforce this a lot -- is how open, and approachable, and full of humour you look. It's not unlike the look that I think my old system avi used to convey, and I've been trying to reproduce it. It's difficult: I find (rightly or wrongly) that many of the more popular skins/appliers these days, both male and female, look a little severe and forbidding.

I like that you look as though I could just plonk down on a couch beside you, and you'd immediately respond with friendly chit chat. ?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Saravendi said:

Angelina/Taya- beautiful photos of you! I especially love the last shot in the series. 

40 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

One of the things I really love about your avi -- and your pics reinforce this a lot -- is how open, and approachable, and full of humour you look. It's not unlike the look that I think my old system avi used to convey, and I've been trying to reproduce it. It's difficult: I find (rightly or wrongly) that many of the more popular skins/appliers these days, both male and female, look a little severe and forbidding.

I like that you look as though I could just plonk down on a couch beside you, and you'd immediately respond with friendly chit chat. ?

Thank you very much, Scylla and Sara!

It all came together not too long ago when I finally found a head/skin-combo that really ticked all the boxes in regards to what I want to look like...
All other combinations (I guess I have demoed almost every head and skin out there - and even bought quite a few of them, thinking I've got it right this time) was not really feeling like "ME".

Scylla, it is very flattering to read your nice words about the look I finally landed on as "ME"  - now I only have to live up to it if we meet up inworld ;)

My only problem now is that I enviously look at all of you guys here with that edgy, übercool looks and tattoos and stuff - and whatever I do with my looks I cannot get halfway there :)

Snapshot_001.thumb.jpg.14e1862e18a9d7acea17fad2f579058b.jpg

Edited by Angelina String
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Angelina String said:

Scylla, it is very flattering to read your nice words about the look I finally landed on as "ME"  - now I only have to live up to it if we meet up inworld ;)

We'll just find a couch and give that plonking down and chatting thing a try, shall we?

7 minutes ago, Angelina String said:

My only problem now is that I enviously look at all of you guys here with that edgy, übercool looks and tattoos and stuff - and whatever I do with my looks I cannot get halfway there :)

For what it's worth (which is probably not much) I really like your style, especially when you're wearing urban casual: it's sort of sophisticated and sharp, without being fussy. And, as I said, I think it's part of that approachable and interesting-to-talk-to look you've developed!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Angelina String said:

Thank you very much, Scylla and Sara!

It all came together not too long ago when I finally found a head/skin-combo that really ticked all the boxes in regards to what I want to look like...
All other combinations (I guess I have demoed almost every head and skin out there - and even bought quite a few of them, thinking I've got it right this time) was not really feeling like "ME".

Snapshot_001.thumb.jpg.14e1862e18a9d7acea17fad2f579058b.jpg

There's a new student in 'my coffee shop' Angelina who could be your RL sister. Blue eyes, same skin, same face shape, it's uncanny............

• Like 4