How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

1346918662_StabbingScylla.jpg.094d7ea80b8194ac655bdd53ea0eb65f.jpg

Playing a bit with depth of field, which is giving me some trouble: what appears on screen isn't always what shows up in the snapshot. Hmmm.

Playing a bit with depth of trident penetration into the skulls of troublesome people who make it increasingly difficult for me to push off updating to mesh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

18 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Thank you! I've never tried a shorter style! And I think I need to explore Wasabi more!

Wasabi is da shiznat (Even though wasabi seems to describe spicy food in Japanese, Chinese steal from the bestest)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Playing a bit with depth of trident penetration into the skulls of troublesome people who make it increasingly difficult for me to push off updating to mesh.

Come over to the Dark Side, Maddy. (No, the other Dark Side, not the one over which you already rule with an iron fist and a book of matches.)

Think how shiny your new mesh trident will look!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Come over to the Dark Side, Maddy.

The following video contains the opening to a midnight jazz show on Milwaukee FM station WFMR. One of the benefits of being home schooled is that my sleep schedule wasn't fixed to the insane hours of public school, now shown to degrade a child's ability to learn. And so began my love affair with the wee hours and jazz.

The opening tune of Ron Cuzner's show is Duke Ellington's "Solitude", which remains one of the most beautiful pieces of music I have ever heard. You needn't listen to this in its entirety, but if you want to share five glorious minutes of my youth, and understand the significance of your invitation, you should.

(If you are too impatient, go to 4:08 or so, but it won't be the same).

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

The following video contains the opening to a midnight jazz show on Milwaukee FM station WFMR. One of the benefits of being home schooled is that my sleep schedule wasn't fixed to the insane hours of public school, now shown to degrade a child's ability to learn. And so began my love affair with the wee hours and jazz.

The opening tune of Ron Cuzner's show is Duke Ellington's "Solitude", which remains one of the most beautiful pieces of music I have ever heard. You needn't listen to this in its entirety, but if you want to share five glorious minutes of my youth, and understand the significance of your invitation, you should.

This is a new piece to me. As a pianist and occasional / often follower of Jazz, me likey!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

That's what I refer to as "3 AM smoke-filled bar" type jazz

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

What about reporting it, ask to please delete?

If the Mods feel so inclined.  They won't delete a post for trivial reasons, especially if it is still within the 24 hours when it can be edited.

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Or I could just fill it with expletives, obscenities, and other violations of the CS!

Much easier, really.

And that would get you an "official forum warning" - Don't ask me how I know this.  I suppose if the violation was bad enough, you'd also get a short term ban from the forums.

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

A political rant is more effective.

Which will often still result in a short term ban - or your friends getting disgusted with you for going there.

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I volunteer for trident penetration

???

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1