How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

20 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Hah! This has very much been my experience! I left SL, mostly, in 2011, came back with an alt for about a year in 2013-2014, which at least introduced me to rigged mesh clothing, and then . . . well, I came back with my main about a month ago, I guess, with a system avatar wearing a skin and clothing that is now at least 8 years old.

Yikes. I felt like I'd ridden into town on a horse and buggy, wearing petticoats and a bustle.

Have you found the mesh learning curve difficult? I'm still struggling a bit, but it's becoming clearer. The people posting here have been amazingly generous with help and advice!

ETA: Your 2007 avi, notwithstanding the system clothing, is adorable!!

Amazing transition! welcome to the Mesh Club.. even the long-timers in mesh are still struggling I think. I know I do ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I joined the group early this morning, members are hidden. So I'm not sure what the point is except to group-chat, which kind of defeats the point (we have this place). I thought the idea was to see when each is in-world when we are. so we can possibly hook-up ...or am I way off in my presumption?  :)

I joined earlier today. My viewer is Firestorm and in groups info I see all members currently joined. I can do group calls etc... I’m not that familiar with SL viewer. See you soon:)

• Thanks 1

I keep being drawn back to the Aston Martin (Glam Affair Sim)...................

Wishful thinking, yeah, but I think it suits me!! hehe!

Eventually Mr Bond did show up, and we went dancing, but not in the Aston Martin...............haha!

secondlife 05.jpg

secondlife 01.jpg

secondlife 03.jpg

• Like 17

11 hours ago, Saravendi said:

I joined earlier today. My viewer is Firestorm and in groups info I see all members currently joined. I can do group calls etc... I’m not that familiar with SL viewer. See you soon:)

Forum Angels............................

I just tried a test group chat and get this.........

"You are the only participant in this IM session. Your message is not being retransmitted or stored."

Does this mean nobody else in the group is in world, or do I need to tick a box somewhere??????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

"You are the only participant in this IM session. Your message is not being retransmitted or stored."

Does this mean nobody else in the group is in world, or do I need to tick a box somewhere??????

They better not have left the group!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

It means you're the only one in the group right now (everyone else is offline) - which is my argument for having members of the group visible (as it will show their online status). 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

It means you're the only one in the group right now (everyone else is offline) - which is my argument for having members of the group visible (as it will show their online status). 

I was briefly in-world (trying to find answer to the eternal question: "Does my nose look too big in this skin?") and I was able to back and forth with Belinda a bit, so it seems to be working fine!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1