How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

5 hours ago, Sagadin said:

Further experiments with Black Dragon.?

saga-883.jpg

This looks great! And yay for another convert! :P

I find the Black Dragon solution to alpha channel overlap to be a little overzealous, and the blur can be a little too much for pics like this. What I started doing is taking two identical snaps (ctrl+alt+F to freeze the world), one with "alphas into depth" (one of the DoF checkbox options) on and one with it off, and then layering them with a 30-70% opacity in editing. It doesn't always work, especially when the hair is in front of plants, but can help add some depth to the hair while avoiding the "flickering" effect you can get with the option turned on.

eg

19ab7b9b30.png  +  5aad3fbcc7.png  =  25bfdfec43.png

This example isn't the best, because the left picture (alphas into depth turned on) doesn't have much alpha channel overlap, so probably would have been fine as a pic regardless. But I still think it helps give the hair a sense of depth, and looks pretty great.

4 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

For moving around all the time though I'll probably have to stay with Firestorm since I'm used to those controls and use black dragon for pictures..

It will be nice to have a viewer that is mainly for photography..:)

I do the same. I find Firestorm performs better for "everyday" stuff, but Black Dragon in "photo mode" runs far smoother with much better results than Firestorm. Plus I can't get music to play in Black Dragon, although all other sound works fine, so I've probably broken a setting somewhere. It also means that I don't really have to change the graphics settings on either viewer, which is great because I'm really lazy and would otherwise forget to turn stuff back on/off after taking a shot. :P

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

For moving around all the time though I'll probably have to stay with Firestorm since I'm used to those controls and use black dragon for pictures..

Yes the default movement controls are different, but it is easy to change. Under preferences you can find "key bindings" and reassign movement keys as you like. That seems to be the number one complaint from people trying it! Plus avatar complexity numbers are wierd...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was at the best beach lastnight..I was so captivated by it and the waves and the color of the water and just everything..Then when it got dark,Omg they had northern lights there just lighting up the whole sky and so much room to surf

I got so caught up that I was forgetting about taking pictures..I was home from work sick again last night and I bet I spent a good four or more hours there just enjoying the atmosphere..

I was on the board and in the water the whole time I was there..

Look at these waves!

I had to watch for a little bit to see how they were doing it since i never surfed in SL before..

30183416608_13c4588bc9_b.jpg

This wave was a lot of fun with that curls..There is like three big waves..they are all fun but getting in that curl was really fun hehehe

It just looks like a tsunami coming.

29114335087_5c981b0379_b.jpg

they also have these bubble rides or something up there that you can I guess click on and go up there..When I go back I'm gonna go up there for when the northern lights  start up..they really look amazing and brilliant..I just can't believe I didn't get a picture of them..

oh yea and there is another wave..hehehehe

also I forgot to get in black dragon to take any,but I was just so overcome by how beautiful this sim is..I'm gonna look into seeing if I can move there..It's just beautiful..I'm gonna get better pictures next time since I'll make it a point..I just didn't expect this place.. They did just such a great job on everything..

30183566378_b0de2155bb_b.jpg

• Like 16

20 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Hey we got new smilies in the forums! \o/?

18 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

And you can even change the skin tone of the people ones

Yesterday, when I posted my response, my smiley window had a Skin Tone option.  Today, I don't see that option.  

Yesterday, I was posting from home - today from work -- though in both cases it is the Chrome browser.

Do others see a skin tone option in the smiley box?  In the pic below, I noted where I saw it last night.

image.png.df2320a3ebd145195bb77d86c712f379.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Yesterday, when I posted my response, my smiley window had a Skin Tone option.  Today, I don't see that option.  

Yesterday, I was posting from home - today from work -- though in both cases it is the Chrome browser.

Do others see a skin tone option in the smiley box?  In the pic below, I noted where I saw it last night.

image.png.df2320a3ebd145195bb77d86c712f379.png

Yes I have that option and am using Chrome.

• Like 1

I still have all the emojies, but that skin tone option isn't here at work - and all my new emojies are just black and white here.  Totally odd, but nice to know that it might not look like this at home.

image.png.de2f00a7bfc03c1e247b9ca2400106ed.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell