Jump to content

How does your avatar look today ?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 40.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my current avatar. She's an Usagi Child ^.^  

i was wondering around a SIM one day, and some dude private messaged me tellin' me he loved my look... he was very polite and kind, asked me to stop running and turn my AO off for him, so i did... the

Not a GREAT picture but i was working on this avi last night. :3 I'm obsessed with my face.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, MissMagicCakes said:

I don't usually make half human half X avatars but today

 

Snapshot_134.thumb.png.a307f3a106144458e913580f09946b07.png\\

 

I'm the centaur of attention

 

*laughs and slowly devolves into hysterical tears*

There is a joke in my head with riding  and also one with carrot. But I keep it to myself. 

Nice avatar. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

[Blah blah blah stupid stuff that I should have been able to figure out on my own blah blah blah thank you Laika and TDD! blah blah blah]

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Redacted to take up less forum real estate - Thank you TDD and Laika!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ok, so I know that this is totally the wrong place to ask this, and really I should know better after 11 years or whatever it is posting on the forums, but it seems really stupid to start yet another "I'm having problems with my new mesh head helllllp!" thread, when I know that I can get the answer here quickly, easily, and without cluttering up the board.

So . . .

I'm having problems with my new mesh head hellllp!!!

I've been setting up the new freebie Catwa Freya for my alt, Laskya. It's the first time I've ever seriously worked with a Catwa (I've briefly demoed one or two quite some time ago), and I'm generally pretty happy with it: I think I can get the look I want for her.

BUT . . . the head is cycling through weird animations. It's leering at me! Winking! Most insultingly, it's sticking out its tongue at me!

It started to do this before I'd even attached either the main HUD or the animation HUD. The animations start about 30 seconds after I wear the head, and then seen to cycle through a variety of expressions . . . It then stops, or at least uses subtler ones for a bit, and then back again into the cycle. I've tried turning it off using the animation HUD, but that doesn't seem to work. I've taken both HIDs off, and stopped all animations, and stopped all animations and revoked privileges using the FS "Avatar Health" menu. That stops it briefly . . . then it starts up again.

https://gyazo.com/4d3f90026874f7bf4ff82438d6dfb90f

I've carefully gone through everything I'm wearing. I even removed my Altamura mesh body, in case that was somehow causing the problem, and am now using just a simple system body with it. I can see nothing in my "worn" section that should be running Bento head animations.

I know a great many of you use Catwa, and a lot of you have played with the Freya head.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

 

Probably won't help. but, for my Catwa avi, I use a VISTA animation HUD. They generally come with 2 HUDS: one that controls the entire body, and one doessn't override the head anims. I wore the full one, so it controls head animations too (see below). Although the CATWA HUD itself, iirc, should be able to stop all anims too. But yeah, bit weird, but Catwa heads' default behavior appears to be with you sticking out your tongue, every time. :P 

 

catwa.thumb.jpg.3acf6207901cf26cf55adeadb16c724d.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 1.16.27 AM.png

@Angelina String Taya and I are our way to Vegas and she insisted... INSISTED on driving this awesome James Bond car. Anyway, all I could do was to hang on for dear life 😱

Edited by Saravendi
  • Like 18
  • Haha 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dano Seale said:

Is this right?....My crappy PC (borrowed) is about 8 years old with a Nvidia GTX 545 card and if I drop to 25fps i know it's about to start locking up! Usually I have around 50-70+ fps when in the house and 25fps seems very low for a "new PC". I'm no "techie" though so may be getting this wrong?

I've never had more than 17 FPS on any of my machines :( 

This one I currently use has been the best one so far, and it's just a reconditioned wreck that used to be housed in a school. 

You are one lucky dude to be able to run your at so many FPS. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ok, so I know that this is totally the wrong place to ask this, and really I should know better after 11 years or whatever it is posting on the forums, but it seems really stupid to start yet another "I'm having problems with my new mesh head helllllp!" thread, when I know that I can get the answer here quickly, easily, and without cluttering up the board.

So . . .

I'm having problems with my new mesh head hellllp!!!

I've been setting up the new freebie Catwa Freya for my alt, Laskya. It's the first time I've ever seriously worked with a Catwa (I've briefly demoed one or two quite some time ago), and I'm generally pretty happy with it: I think I can get the look I want for her.

BUT . . . the head is cycling through weird animations. It's leering at me! Winking! Most insultingly, it's sticking out its tongue at me!

It started to do this before I'd even attached either the main HUD or the animation HUD. The animations start about 30 seconds after I wear the head, and then seen to cycle through a variety of expressions . . . It then stops, or at least uses subtler ones for a bit, and then back again into the cycle. I've tried turning it off using the animation HUD, but that doesn't seem to work. I've taken both HIDs off, and stopped all animations, and stopped all animations and revoked privileges using the FS "Avatar Health" menu. That stops it briefly . . . then it starts up again.

https://gyazo.com/4d3f90026874f7bf4ff82438d6dfb90f

I've carefully gone through everything I'm wearing. I even removed my Altamura mesh body, in case that was somehow causing the problem, and am now using just a simple system body with it. I can see nothing in my "worn" section that should be running Bento head animations.

I know a great many of you use Catwa, and a lot of you have played with the Freya head.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

https://gyazo.com/6cbe581c48120613a07ca805e16cf1bc

If any of the expressions has a black line round it its active you have to go through them all to inactivate them dont know it that helps 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

sara and the yellow car.jpg

 

Guys... the car is amazing. Check it out [amc] 24 LeMans V1.2

last car pic... sorry for the self indulgent spam attack!

Edited by Saravendi
  • Like 24
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

I've never had more than 17 FPS on any of my machines :( 

This one I currently use has been the best one so far, and it's just a reconditioned wreck that used to be housed in a school. 

You are one lucky dude to be able to run your at so many FPS. 

 

Jeez! Well, I don't know what's going on then. I just know my graphics card is about obsolete, yet in-house in averages what I posted earlier and have seen it even touch 130fps at times! The moment I go shopping though and there's more than 3 avi's there, I start locking up if I don't engage "friends only"(and even after I do sometimes), same with clubs and stuff! 
I feel a "brand new PC" should be pushing out way more than 25fps but InventedSuicide didn't respond and neither did any "tech heads". Maybe I'm not as much of a "PC peasant" as I thought?  😆
Then again, maybe I need to upgrade my Nvidia hamster, might help?

 

PC hamster.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dano Seale said:

Jeez! Well, I don't know what's going on then. I just know my graphics card is about obsolete, yet in-house in averages what I posted earlier and have seen it even touch 130fps at times! The moment I go shopping though and there's more than 3 avi's there, I start locking up if I don't engage "friends only"(and even after I do sometimes), same with clubs and stuff! 
I feel a "brand new PC" should be pushing out way more than 25fps but InventedSuicide didn't respond and neither did any "tech heads". Maybe I'm not as much of a "PC peasant" as I thought?  😆
Then again, maybe I need to upgrade my Nvidia hamster, might help?

 

PC hamster.jpg

I would love to stroke your hamster. It sure works hard for a living.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

If any of the expressions has a black line round it its active you have to go through them all to inactivate them dont know it that helps

 

5 hours ago, TDD123 said:

Or use the blackcircle with a square in it ( underneath the faces ) to stop all animations at once.

Thank you both! This noob is very grateful!

(What puzzles me is that this started before I even attached the animation HUD for the first time . . . but whatevs! That fixed it! YAY!)

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

"SAUSAGE TIME!"  😁

 

Well, there is certainly a theme to this day. I started it with hotdogs in another thread - YES it was a euphemism - very tastefully done. 

I must go and get something done in real life at some point today.

And I must wash my filthy mind out with soap and water !!! ;) 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Porn vs Art

   Everyone knows that if it's B&W and has film grain, it's art. Right?

  • Like 9
  • Haha 11
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...