How does your avatar look today ?

• Replies 36.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my current avatar. She's an Usagi Child ^.^  

i was wondering around a SIM one day, and some dude private messaged me tellin' me he loved my look... he was very polite and kind, asked me to stop running and turn my AO off for him, so i did... the

I find it very entertaining to switch my looks according to my mood. I woke up one day and decided to change my shape into a more petite and "model" look.   Before (with Genesis Lab bento head):

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Dano Seale said:

Is this right?....My crappy PC (borrowed) is about 8 years old with a Nvidia GTX 545 card and if I drop to 25fps i know it's about to start locking up! Usually I have around 50-70+ fps when in the house and 25fps seems very low for a "new PC". I'm no "techie" though so may be getting this wrong?

If you are curious, post the question in Answers asking why some old computers run better than new computers. This isn't really the thread to wonder off into a tech explanation about hardware.

7 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

I've never had more than 17 FPS on any of my machines :( 

This one I currently use has been the best one so far, and it's just a reconditioned wreck that used to be housed in a school. 

You are one lucky dude to be able to run your at so many FPS. 

Try coiling up the power cord and soaking it in coffee...

5 hours ago, Dano Seale said:

Jeez! Well, I don't know what's going on then. I just know my graphics card is about obsolete, yet in-house in averages what I posted earlier and have seen it even touch 130fps at times! The moment I go shopping though and there's more than 3 avi's there, I start locking up if I don't engage "friends only"(and even after I do sometimes), same with clubs and stuff! 
I feel a "brand new PC" should be pushing out way more than 25fps but InventedSuicide didn't respond and neither did any "tech heads". Maybe I'm not as much of a "PC peasant" as I thought?  😆
Then again, maybe I need to upgrade my Nvidia hamster, might help?

PC hamster.jpg

Like I told Dano, there are reasons some old computers are better than some new computers. See if he posts his question in answers.

As for the hamster... set a small bottle of amyl nitrate in front of the cooling intakes. 

4 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

If you are curious, post the question in Answers asking why some old computers run better than new computers. This isn't really the thread to wonder off into a tech explanation about hardware.

Try coiling up the power cord and soaking it in coffee...

!!!!

Blimey

Not in a million years.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

It was just a simple curiosity question to @InventedSuicide in response to her post about her new PC on THIS thread! 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

What puzzles me is that this started before I even attached the animation HUD for the first time

The animations are installed into the brain of your head, so they start up as soon as you add the head. Think of your Animation HUD as being the same as your TV remote. It's just a controller for the animations.

• Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, asteriddle said:

aa_053.png

I'm really loving the colors, light and composition of this! ❤️

But now for the no doubt dumb question, what exactly are you supposed to be? Your outfit reminds of a British cop somehow. :) Or are you a racer with really wide sleeves?

Edited by kiramanell
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

I'm really loving the colors, light and composition of this! ❤️

But now for the no doubt dumb question, what exactly are you supposed to be? Your outfit reminds of a British cop somehow. :) Or are you a racer with really wide sleeves?

supposed to be a racing outfit :0! and thank you !!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

The animations are installed into the brain of your head, so they start up as soon as you add the head. Think of your Animation HUD as being the same as your TV remote. It's just a controller for the animations.

Thanks, Skell! That makes sense. And it's all under control now!

It's a very nice head! I quite liked the Logo one I've been using, except the lips and around the corners of the eyes, but this one is much more versatile and easy to shape!

• Like 3

And the voices may holler for all they're worth / The rabbits have fled their burrows, gone to earth...

The Saturday Night Snap is a Friday Night Snap this week. I've been offline dealing with some RL stuff.

49898905046_d83a47b5aa_h.jpg

• Like 30
7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Thank you both! This noob is very grateful!

(What puzzles me is that this started before I even attached the animation HUD for the first time . . . but whatevs! That fixed it! YAY!)

Catwa heads (including demos) ship with every single animation already active by default. It annoys the hell outta me. I usually keep only the first two on the top row, and the second one on the second row.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

As an art teacher I know once said, "It's always about the light." I don't have her talent, LOL, be she's definitely right. :) Here's "Breakfast" (at my Windlass). Some post-processing, naturally (sorry, Seicher 😁); cutout layer, blended with 'color dodge'. And, @Ajay McDowwll, I actually used some curves, this time. ☺️ (Albeit still a preset).

break5.thumb.png.c97ebd6a9bb890b04375207aad4042b9.png

And the bland (but cropped) original:

break3.thumb.png.ac04ef79eedc9fb137b89c8ee3129f38.png

Less jaggies, this time, as I used an outtake of a huge grab.

• Like 24