How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

18 hours ago, Angelina String said:

It wasn't only you that went hair shopping tonight, @Talligurl :D  - I guess I am one of the few with more hair than shoes :P
I blame it on @Zeta Vandyke and @Kotelle that I ended up at Foxy's again ;)

And this one was looking very smug when he learned that the hair was from Foxy

Snapshot_1382_cr.thumb.jpg.c30c70ba73424ba11a4deca1a7195460.jpg

Me too!  LOL  I have 4 pair of heels and about that of ankle boots - but I have so many hairstyles I have a problem when I want to create a new outfit.  Lately I've been working on creating pictures of them.   I love how you can change the look or "feel" of an outfit just by changing your hairstyle!   : )   Color too, but I don't change that much.

Would you know if Akane (by Argrace I believe) is still available somewhere?   I checked in their store & didn't see it, then I checked marketplace & they have poses to use with the hair but not the hair itself!  (or anyplace that has hair to use when lying down?)

neweststylessize test.jpg

• Like 11

17 minutes ago, Jazeia said:

Me too!  LOL  I have 4 pair of heels and about that of ankle boots - but I have so many hairstyles I have a problem when I want to create a new outfit.  Lately I've been working on creating pictures of them.   I love how you can change the look or "feel" of an outfit just by changing your hairstyle!   : )   Color too, but I don't change that much.

Just shy of 100 pair of shoes/boots - 150+ sets of hairstyles, most of them blonde :D

19 minutes ago, Jazeia said:

Would you know if Akane (by Argrace I believe) is still available somewhere?   I checked in their store & didn't see it, then I checked marketplace & they have poses to use with the hair but not the hair itself!  (or anyplace that has hair to use when lying down?) 

Argrace took down all the hair a while back and started kind of from scratch again - but I have seen they bring out the old styles in upgraded versions, so you'll probably hope for that.
Do not know of other hair with that style, been looking for something like that myself...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Jazeia said:

Going through my gatchas, I actually found somewhat similar to the Akane - Tableau Vivant \\ Summer Hairplay - Sundowner.

Here I lie, staring at the roof, wondering if it is actually possible to get hold of that hair nowadays (should have gotten "Blonds", not "Naturals") or even better if Argrace would remake the Akane :

)Snapshot_1405_cr.thumb.jpg.988904b18301c479d9c752b3b0d03d79.jpg

• Like 23

1 hour ago, Angelina String said:

Going through my gatchas, I actually found somewhat similar to the Akane - Tableau Vivant \\ Summer Hairplay - Sundowner.

Here I lie, staring at the roof, wondering if it is actually possible to get hold of that hair nowadays (should have gotten "Blonds", not "Naturals") or even better if Argrace would remake the Akane :

)Snapshot_1405_cr.thumb.jpg.988904b18301c479d9c752b3b0d03d79.jpg

Wow Angelina!  Just . . . WOW!  Lol - I'm slacking!  Not sure how many I have, maybe 50 …

Thanks for the tip - I checked it out.  They have it in reds at this gacha reseller, the other styles look good too - and this link is for your blonds:  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Tableau-Vivant-Summer-Hairplay-Sundowner-Blonds/11887581   😃

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Angelina String said:

Searching for @Orwar's tongue-out-sticking goat  - no luck so far :)

Perhaps it was a selfie, and I'm an anthropomorphic ram in disguise - I mean, I'm bearded, goats have beards... Who knows, I might just be a physical manifestation of Baphomet, come to deal for souls and seduce people to stray from the path of divinity and cast them into ruin. What's your poison? 😈

• Like 5

I had no chance of resisting the gorgeous Elvenking gacha at Enchantment.

47066065442_5ae3d48312_h.jpg

Credits

W-Zero, Raven Bell, Bergfried, and Sweet Thing for Enchantment.

Outfit & crown: W-Zero - Elvenking Gacha
Hair: Raven Bell - Ethiel Hair
Ears: Sweet Thing - Nahri Elf Ears
Lights: Cerridwen's Cauldron - Elven Lights Set
Gazebo: Bergfried - Elves Gazebo

• Like 16

7 hours ago, Angelina String said:

Just shy of 100 pair of shoes/boots - 150+ sets of hairstyles, most of them blonde :D

Sounds about right for post-mesh SL. (except it's mostly red hair)  Maybe a few more shoes and few less hairs.

If I count pre-mesh shoes and hair it's easily double or more.  Those are all boxed up and lost in inventory now.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Ok, so I went to Eclipse, which -- I had been led to believe -- was THE Edgy-Scary-Dark-Goth Event of the year.

Afraid of being judged by those much Darker Than I, I tried to dress accordingly, and even bought a new Edgy-Scary-Dark-Goth hair style to wear.

I have to say I was a tad . . . disappointed?

The first thing I saw for sale there was a pink tea pot.

Yes, that's correct. A. Pink. Tea. Pot.

I am currently re-evaluating my faith in the true "scariness" and "darkness" of some of my supposedly Edgy-Scary-Dark-Goth friends here on the forums.

Eclipse-Disappointment-Forum - Blank.png

To me what is questionable is the point of a themed event? Especially now with all those events launching.... You look great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Prisqua Newall said:

To me what is questionable is the point of a themed event? Especially now with all those events launching.... You look great.

Thank you!

I'm pretty new to events, and I don't pretend to have any insights into the economics of how they might work. I've been to Collabor88, and did find a few very nice things there. But it was, if anything, maybe too varied? Finding things I liked required browsing through a whole lot that really didn't interest me.

For me, personally (and, of course, someone else might have a different response, based upon their personal interests and expectations), Eclipse was both weirdly too varied, and too narrow. On the one hand, there were a lot of things that were merely grungy rather than really "dark," like a tenement slum. And, on the other, there wasn't a lot for people like me who aren't primarily goth or dark, but just like the aesthetic.

I guess, ultimately, the success of events has to be judged by their financial results: is it making money? And, I suppose, by the service it might provide to the community that they are catering to. In this case, it was a community that clearly didn't really include people like me (which is, of course, fine).

• Like 3