How does your avatar look today ?

Nostoll

4 hours ago, Bagnu said:

I don't know about the other guys here, but I agree with you. I find the 1950's look the sexiest. The pencil skirts especially. And business suits. Not much exposed skin in those. That's RL. But in SL people do put time effort and money into their skins. I spent many hours getting  the right skins and skin addons for for my AV's, so I like people to see (Sandor AV included). 

4 hours ago, Ayeleeon said:

and there is something to be said for that moment when she lets you, and only you see that.

I'm glad to see there are men that agree with me! I've talked to quite a few men, and I've also listened to men from different podcasts- the majority of them do not respect or find a scantily clad woman attractive long-term. Sex is all that will matter in that case because the woman is not displaying modesty, she's showing her bits to everyone. It's just fact. Now, SL is an extension of RL. For me personally though, I don't care if I expose any of my avatars skin because my avatar is not a representation of my RL self. I don't take this place as seriously as others do (some people have a huge problem with this).

With all that said, I don't think any woman should get offended at how men feel on this topic as far as SL goes. I've seen it happen quite a few times now. This is just how men have always been, and no matter how many women try to change this or get offended by it, it won't ever change. Men (the majority of them) know what they want at the end of the day, and it's not someone exposing their goods. And if you're on here as a woman just enjoying yourself and not looking for anything serious, then you shouldn't care what a man thinks in regards to his preferences. Best thing IMO to do is just accept it and keep doing what you want! B|

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Waiting . . .  (again)

756790862_Connection-3-BW-3-Blank.thumb.png.134d623cf413ac063a2c905b7d5b4df0.png

I owe thanks to @Saskia Rieko, @Laurel Aurelia, and especially @BelindaNfor their comments and suggestions on this one! (And actually, they're really helpful a lot of the time, as also are @Eva Knollerand @Madelaine McMasters)

Your pictures are so beautiful and expressive, I love them all!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, xLunaea said:

Your pictures are so beautiful and expressive, I love them all!

Thanks so much, Lunaea! In point of fact I'm a fan of yours; they're very distinctive and well-done!

My main reservations about this pic are that the guy in it is totally better looking than I am.

Never take a pic with an alt who is prettier than you are!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Thanks so much, Lunaea! In point of fact I'm a fan of yours; they're very distinctive and well-done!

My main reservations about this pic are that the guy in it is totally better looking than I am.

Never take a pic with an alt who is prettier than you are!

You are most welcome, and thank you so much! I don't think I am anywhere near as creative, but maybe that will come with time. B| Regardless, your compliment means a lot to me!!

Oh pish posh! You are absolutely lovely next to that alt! The way you captured his reflection in the window was beautifully accomplished as well. You are amazing with your photography/editing skills. 💕

Edited by xLunaea
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Popped the graphics up to almost ultra and spent some time trying to figure out shadows and EEP.  I stood on my skybox to get a good view of the sky.  The rainbow does actually make a circle.  My issue with the pixelated shadows persists even with graphics set higher, but it appears to be directional or something.  In the lit-up photo you can see the pixelated shadow, but if I rotated the camera just a fraction, the shadow cleared.  At some points of camera rotation the shadow disappeared completely from the knees to my feet even with distance and EEP exactly the same.  I learned some while moving the sliders around and changing the sun position in the editor.

996778206_eepshadows_006kh.thumb.jpg.fdc2f544ee620eaf0477e7789bc9f7e5.jpg

728510238_eepshadows_004b.thumb.jpg.c3455c2a7b4df4513f7b2abc41d9f3bb.jpg

• Like 21